Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is May 5. I find myself cheating. Im so anxious. Is there anyway I can prepare myself for this? I do want to do this.... is there anyway I can still go forward without backing out? TIA

I want to do this... I need to mentally prepare..if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated

It would be a good idea to use this time to find a Protein Drink you like. There are RTD shakes and the powders. I prefer the powders because I like to make the shakes with milk. Finding one or two brands you like would be helpful. I would order a bunch of samples, you can get some from www.nashuanutrition.com. Many people's tastes change after surgery, so I wouldn't buy anything in bulk. Also, get in the habit of eating Protein centered meals, and if you drink soda try to give it up, many plans discourage the use of carbonated drinks because it will make you feel gassy and uncomfortable- I have been there lol. Also get in the habit of drinking lots of water!

Thank you... I start out well, then I mess up I have good intentions.... problem with follow through..

If you want the surgery you will do it like everyone else has. You will not regret it I promise. No one can help you. We can give you the best moral support in the world, however. Decide how bad you want the surgery. We have one life to live, make it count! Good luck with your decision!!!!

Thank you Linda it seems its pretty vnormal to get the jitters.... I just dont want to flip out when its over and not be like what did I just do...

I know exactly where you're coming from. I really hate the hurry up and wait game!! Knowing everything is going to change, and not knowing exactly what it will be like. I have to put it out of my mind and focus on just keeping myself healthy and eating well. I don't think there is any way to feel completely prepared until you're actually DOING it. I'm so afraid that I'm going to mess something up. It's hard to not let anxiety get the best of you.

I remember when my husband and I went to the meet with the coordinator and the wait was several months. Bah humbug, we wanted it now lol. But I remember telling my husband well, we can proceed and go with the program, OR six months is going to come and go anyway so we might as well get with the program. Cannot believe it will be one year in June from our seminar now, and we are 5 months sleeved!

I feel saddened as I type this, but I have decided to postpone my surgery.

I am going to wait at least 3 months.

I dont feel psychologically ready, feel unmotivated. This is an irreversible procedure and I want to be the best me I can be and make the best decision....

I wish I was saying yes but the only consolation I have is that I am making the right decision for me.

Thanks pals!

I feel saddened as I type this, but I have decided to postpone my surgery. I am going to wait at least 3 months. I dont feel psychologically ready, feel unmotivated. This is an irreversible procedure and I want to be the best me I can be and make the best decision.... I wish I was saying yes but the only consolation I have is that I am making the right decision for me. Thanks pals!

. After I had the surgery- I'm 7 days post op. A nurse who was caring for me asked me how long was my process before I had the surgery. I started last sept -so 8 months. I told her I'm glad I had all 8 months to research, prepare for what I will be giving up but in return gaining. People need the time to really come to terms with this. I'm happy I did this. I won't be happy if one day I stop following the rules and fail. This will be a daily change that needs to be done correctly every day. Your smart to give yourself more time to prepare. You won't regret having the procedure- but if your head isn't in the game you gotta do it when it is. Goodluck!!