Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been emotionally eating today. Gee I wonder if it's because I am moving over 500 miles away, starting a new job with a new company and trying to pack up my life in less than 14 hours from now? I think moving stress has gotten to me. I went and got a slice nd I ate the whole thing but it made me so sick. Terribly dizzy, saliva starting going. No weird gut wrenching or acidic stuff just kind of like here ya go. 5 mins later felt fine. However, no more for me. I am done eating this evening. The dough really did me in. I think I got cocky and brave. Lol. I am glad my body now stops my bad behavior. It reminds me-hey you-yeah you-cut it out!! I am so much smaller and am shrinking fast. I still make mistakes, I am human, I mess up. I am food addicted. I love to eat when stressed and I love the chewing feeling. Weird right? This process has allowed me to start breaking this down for.myself. I was so out of touch with my feelings and eating that this keeps me in check and makes me try and undersrand why I am trying to eat for pleasure. I did not realize this before, I would never have identified the over eating as stress eating before surgery. I have a problem with food. I am still overcoming my tendency to emotionally eat. It feels really good though to know what is happening and to be aware of this now more than ever. I will be sure to try and eat better, and listen to my body more. This is part of the process to a better me, a smaller me.

I hear ya. Heck, we all have setbacks, but our sleeves are a wonderful tool, indeed. Like you said, it will keep us in check… but only if we listen to it. And it seems like you are doing just that. It's probably one of the most important things throughout this whole process: awareness. Good for you!

Be well…

Hey

I have facing same problem seems before surgery that why I put on lots of weight but now my new sleeve won't allow me much to eat , sleeve helps me in great way , keep me in check & helps me to over come from emotional eating.

I am 4 months post op! My emotional eating habbit is coming back! even though I know that these are bad calories to me then also I am eating like anything! Is there a way out?

The sleeve can only take you so far with emotional eating. As time goes by you'll be able to more and more varied foods, so it's crucial to success to get a grip on it.

For me, what works is exercise, emotional work (I use cognitive behavior therapy) and not keeping crap out of the house because it makes it easier to avoid bad foods if they are not in my home.

Yes, I do slip up, but I climb back up and stick it out, because I'm worth it!

Lynda

I am with you Lynda, I don't let it come in my house. Also, being married and both of us sleeved, I go nowhere without my husband, and we hold each other accountable in a good way. I am blessed. I am thankful I am not faced with temptations, and the best ever is eating before going to the grocery, if only a small yogurt.

Thank you all for your kind words and support. I appreciate the motivation and honesty in your responses. I am so happy to know I am not alone. I feel like I can be successful at learning how to manage it, but not without mistakes. I want to be good to myself and make me the best version of me-on all levels. Thanks for listening in and responding!! It really does help.