Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like a room w/o a roof.

Thank you Maltese Gal. I know I read so many post surgery updates and they helped me so much. I'm trying to do the same for others of course everyone is different but it always helps.

So glad your doing well and ur recovery is going smooth :) love the updates so please keep them coming it's nice to know what's in store for the rest of is really appreciate it :) and congratulations :)

So today is post-op day 3. Last night wasn't bad. I kept waking up but not bad. I have a mini goal of drinking at least drinking 32oz of liquids. So to meet my goal I had that bottle of Water next to me all night and every time I woke up I zip zip zip. Well let me tell u I should have slow down with the zip zip zip. Because all of a sudden I felt nausea and it was horrible I was so afraid of the pain it would cause. I sat down w the bucket in front of me and Thank God it passed. Always have a bucket near. Lol Another thing make sure u have ready at home a stool softener ( sorry TMI) because the meds will give u Constipation. I will take one today because that's another pain I'm trying to avoid. I got on the scale and I gained 5 pounds (I'm sure of gas and the IV etc) but I'm not worried because I know that's the norm. So I'm at 242. I thought I'd never say this but burping and passing gas make me happy. Lmao. I must say my Dr Dr did a great job. Even the leak test when I asked when will they do it I was told he does it while u are still in the operating room. So if u are in the Chicago area Dr Enrique Elli is strongly recommended. Well time for nap. Ttyl.

The chicken broth feels really good going down. I felt weak and it made me feel better. I walked 15 minute on the threadmill at 0 incline speed 1. I'm about to do 15 more to see if I can get this gas out. My tummy feels like is gonna explode I'm bloated. Pain is manageable.

So today is post-op day 3. Last night wasn't bad. I kept waking up but not bad. I have a mini goal of drinking at least drinking 32oz of liquids. So to meet my goal I had that bottle of Water next to me all night and every time I woke up I zip zip zip. Well let me tell u I should have slow down with the zip zip zip. Because all of a sudden I felt nausea and it was horrible I was so afraid of the pain it would cause. I sat down w the bucket in front of me and Thank God it passed. Always have a bucket near. Lol Another thing make sure u have ready at home a stool softener ( sorry TMI) because the meds will give u Constipation. I will take one today because that's another pain I'm trying to avoid. I got on the scale and I gained 5 pounds (I'm sure of gas and the IV etc) but I'm not worried because I know that's the norm. So I'm at 242. I thought I'd never say this but burping and passing gas make me happy. Lmao. I must say my Dr Dr did a great job. Even the leak test when I asked when will they do it I was told he does it while u are still in the operating room. So if u are in the Chicago area Dr Enrique Elli is strongly recommended. Well time for nap. Ttyl.

Hi I'm Toya and I also live in Chicago and Dr Elle is my surgeon...first off CONGRATULATIONS and thank u sooo much for sharing your journey...I am currently awaiting the approval of my insurance provider and I hope to be sleeved b4 summer...Just wanted to show some love...u are the 1st person whose story I have read and I feel like u are so close to home...best of wishes

Toya you will do great. He did a pretty good job w me. The nurses at University of Illinois were all super nice. Good luck w your journey and if u have questions I'm happy to help.

OK quick update. This surgery has totally played around w my menstrual cycle. Last month I totally lost my period (sorry for the Tmi) I guess the anxiety etc. And now it arrived 2 weeks early. So on top of dealing w my bloated tummy now I have menstrual cramps. But I will look at the positive side, I've read people always lose after their TOM. I can't wait for the pounds to start coming off.

OK quick update. This surgery has totally played around w my menstrual cycle. Last month I totally lost my period (sorry for the Tmi) I guess the anxiety etc. And now it arrived 2 weeks early. So on top of dealing w my bloated tummy now I have menstrual cramps. But I will look at the positive side, I've read people always lose after their TOM. I can't wait for the pounds to start coming off.

Awww poor thing ur dealing with a lot right now :( sending u happy positive vibes from Australia hang in gher Champ :)

Day 4 Post op. Feel better each day. I don't feel as bloated as I did yesterday. For the numbers. Before preop diet I was 245, day of surgery 237, after surgery up to 242 that was yesterday, today 239 woohoo... Today I'm making it a point to count how many ounces of liquid I'm drinking. I know I'm doing fine but I want to work my way up to the recommended 64oz a day. Liquids at room temp are better for me. Also mm noticed that drinking from the bottle makes it hard for smaller sips and also it felt like Water and air were going down together not a good feeling at all. So I bought these little plastic cups they look like shot glasses 3oz and I drink from them, its easier for me to control the sips. I was always use to gulping my drinks down so this is something I'm still adjusting to. Tomorrow I start full liquids can't wait I'm craving my Premier Protein shakes. Well that's it for now time to do my 15min walk. Because I'm happy wohooo.

Day 5 post op. The bloated feeling continues, but it's not the whole day. I am 237lbs today the same weight as surgery day. That's great because after surgery I had gone up to 242. Today I had a real sharp pain on the left side. I couldn't even breathe, I got real scared, but just as fast it went away I think it may have been gas trapped under my breast. Today I started drinking my Protein shakes I found I can down Water or diluted juice faster. I'm walking 15 minutes on the treadmill in the am and 15 minutes on the pm. Today I will try to do 20 and 20 and also at a faster pace (not too fast maybe 1.5 I was doing it at 1) I am exciting that I'm already losing weight.

That really great to hear you're doing so well Jenelle! Keep up the amazing job you're doing so far, you motivate me and calm my nerves about my upcoming surgery, I will follow my directions like you are for hopefully the same recovery as you :)

Sounds like you are doing what you are supposed to do and are doing great!!! I enjoy reading your progress, as I have said before I wish I had found this site before my surgery but am happy to have found it now! Keep the faith!!!! :)

Hi Jenelle, thinking about you, haven't seen an update from you today, hope all is well, best wishes

Hi Jenelle,

Thank you for updating, it is so helpful for those of us pre-op! How are you doing today?