Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like a room w/o a roof.

<p>Day 9 Post op....So excited I'm down 2 more pounds. 230 lbs as of today. I was afraid I would stop losing because I was introducing more food, I was scared to step on the scale. Truth is I'm still scared that it will stop, and I know there will be stalls and days where I won't lose and because of that I must stop weighing myself everyday. I'm still trying to learn the signals of when my body is full, today I started eating and looked for the signals and sure enough after the second bite (incredible right?) I was getting that feeling of fullness and then after the third the burps. I waited for a while and took my last bite and after another 10minutes I started on my 1/4 cup of yogurt (yogurt goes down easy). I am so full. I tried my uniform yesterday and the pants are loose and the top too. I hate exercise but this surgery has given me motivation. Everyday I'm trying to walk a little if I can't get my 30 minutes in which is my goal at least I do half. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. And to everyone that is in the pre-op stages hang in there and follow the Drs instructions to the teeth. I still crave food and when I cook for my kids I still wish I could have some but somehow knowing that doing that might mess up everything stops me from even trying that and that I don't want to imagine being sick. I have been fortunate with little pain and no nausea, dizziness or vomiting and I want to keep it that way. </p>

Jenelle, I have enjoyed reading your journey so far. Wishing you the best of luck. I'm hoping to have surgery in May. I go next week to see the surgeon. I hope I have an easy time like you. I'm not really worried about pain, but more so of having nausea and vomiting. Maybe it will all be good though. Getting excited and ready for a change!!

Thank you for taking time each day to post about your journey! It is more than helpful and inspiring! Keep up the good work and congrats on your new sleeve!

I'm 227 today. I feel like the weight is taking longer to come off than it did in the first few days but I know that's normal but I most admit I was getting spoiled w the 2 or 1 pound a day. Now its like a pound every two days. But I didn't gained it all in one day so I'm happy that is finally coming off. Today I had grits for Breakfast. I was full quick. And my tummy seems to like it. I go see my Dr try today to remove the stitches (little staples). I will let u know how that goes.

I'm 227 today. I feel like the weight is taking longer to come off than it did in the first few days but I know that's normal but I most admit I was getting spoiled w the 2 or 1 pound a day. Now its like a pound every two days. But I didn't gained it all in one day so I'm happy that is finally coming off. Today I had grits for breakfast. I was full quick. And my tummy seems to like it. I go see my Dr try today to remove the stitches (little staples). I will let u know how that goes.

Good luck Jenelle :)

Well they said I was doing good and removed my stitches. I have another appt in a month. They want me to try to lose 10 to 15 pounds a month. We'll see. So all day in this appointment and I didn't eat anything, I wasn't hungry but knew I had to eat. I made my scrambled eggs again later some Premier Protein and Water it was all good till I decided let me have some low fat Peanut Butter. I swear I'll never touch it again. It has given me the worst feeling I've had since coming out of surgery. My stomach feels like is so full and its sitting there in between my breast I can't find a comfortable position and it hurts. I hate peanut butter now. :-(

Well they said I was doing good and removed my stitches. I have another appt in a month. They want me to try to lose 10 to 15 pounds a month. We'll see. So all day in this appointment and I didn't eat anything, I wasn't hungry but knew I had to eat. I made my scrambled eggs again later some Premier Protein and Water it was all good till I decided let me have some low fat Peanut Butter. I swear I'll never touch it again. It has given me the worst feeling I've had since coming out of surgery. My stomach feels like is so full and its sitting there in between my breast I can't find a comfortable position and it hurts. I hate peanut butter now. :-(

I'm glad to hear how well you're doing but I'm sorry about the peanut butter hun, have you tried the PB2?

Well they said I was doing good and removed my stitches. I have another appt in a month. They want me to try to lose 10 to 15 pounds a month. We'll see. So all day in this appointment and I didn't eat anything, I wasn't hungry but knew I had to eat. I made my scrambled eggs again later some premier Protein and Water it was all good till I decided let me have some low fat Peanut Butter. I swear I'll never touch it again. It has given me the worst feeling I've had since coming out of surgery. My stomach feels like is so full and its sitting there in between my breast I can't find a comfortable position and it hurts. I hate Peanut Butter now. :-(

Sorry to hear that (about the peanut butter). Thank you so much for your descriptions and updates. This is so great to have an idea what to expect! I had read about people saying they couldn't eat a former favorite food after surgery, but no one described what happens. I appreciate the time you take to keep us informed of your journey.

You are doing so well! Keep up the great work and congratulations!!

Maltese gal I've never tried PB2 but right now I'm staying away from Peanut Butter for a while. I'll try it again in a month or so to see how it goes. Lol

I'm 226 today. My size 22 that used to be tight are big now and my size 20 are not tight they are loose. So I'm extremely happy. I go to work in 4 days, looking forward to it. My uniform shirt its loose the buttons are not popping out.I'm eating soft foods. Cream of wheat, yogurt, mashed potatoes etc..

Hi everyone! i am 5 days post op! i started at 268 i am 248 today. took my first shower and removed the gauze. i am not hungry at all but i miss the sensation of chewing. Things smell funny and sorbets taste super sweet. i couldn't stomach Jello yet. is anyone else having serious gas pains? its like in my chest and everytime i pass gas it seems internal or i am going to poop myself i know too much info but its strange!! i feel achy and sore, its hard getting p from sitting position but its manageable. im still taking liquid Percocet for pain but instead of every 4 hours i am doing every 7 hours to stretch it out. i am sleeping on the couch w hubby bc i can't lay down yet. i have been walking everyday- i walked an hour yesterday i think i overdid it. any advice or things i should prepare for? lol hope everyone is doing great! sorry i was MIA for a few days- between surgery and my mom had a stroke it has been a long week.

any advice???

Hey jenelle how are you feeling?

I'm still 226 and I feel like it's taking forever for me to lose a pound. Lol. Its like every two days now. I know it's ridiculous to worry but of course there's that voice in the back of my mind that says "you will be the one that will not lose much etc" but I as also have to admit I have not walked the last 3 days I noticed I feel tired after just doing a couple of things so I've been slacking on exercise. I need to get back on track. I go to work on the 30th and I can't wait.

So I guess I hit a stall. I'm still 226. That 3 weeks stall everyone talks about I only mine was 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not gonna stress about it. I'm not gonna stress about it. Yeah right. I don't like it one bit. Wonder how long it lasts? But on the positive Side I'm not gaining. Time to read what people do during stalls to speed things up. Wish me luck.

So I guess I hit a stall. I'm still 226. That 3 weeks stall everyone talks about I only mine was 2 1/2 weeks. I'm not gonna stress about it. I'm not gonna stress about it. Yeah right. I don't like it one bit. Wonder how long it lasts? But on the positive Side I'm not gaining. Time to read what people do during stalls to speed things up. Wish me luck.

Hey Jenelle, you'll figure it out in no time I'm sure and then boom! It'll start coming off again. I've read when this starts happening people usually have to up their Protein or Water and it helps, maybe go into the post surgery forums and you can find your answer? All the best in finding it hun and let us know k?

Hey Jenelle, you'll figure it out in no time I'm sure and then boom! It'll start coming off again. I've read when this starts happening people usually have to up their Protein or Water and it helps, maybe go into the post surgery forums and you can find your answer? All the best in finding it hun and let us know k?

Hi Jenelle,

Can you increase your walking times? Maybe that will help? Post-op boards are probably full of good advice :)