Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like a room w/o a roof.

Today 220. I'm losing but very slowly and even though I'm happy that I'm losing I was expecting it to be faster like others. But everyone is different I know, I just wish things would speed up. Feeling not so happy.

hello I just wanted to take time out to thank you for all of your posts and updates!! Thay are giving my e life!

I am having my VSG July 15th,2014 and your updates are very inspiring and real and as a newbie I love to hear the good and the bad days..thanks again..Hope your progress continues and that youre happy !!!

What stuff for taking a shower? They only called to tell me no deodorant, lotion, or nothing in my hair and use a mild bath soap. Needless to say I wasn't smelling like roses :)

What stuff for taking a shower? They only called to tell me no deodorant, lotion, or nothing in my hair and use a mild bath soap. Needless to say I wasn't smelling like roses :)

At the pre op appointment they gave me a liquid soap I had to take a shower with I forgot what is was called. LOL

Not all docs and hospitals do that though - mine did not. They said shower with soap and no special scrubs, no lotion, no oils or moisturizers, and no added perfume. In the pre-op room they did the antiseptic cleanse stuff. If they didn't give you anything, don't sweat it.

DO remember you can't wear both fingernail and toenail polish - my OR RN said one or the other was fine though. I went with pale blue cute toes, since I knew I could reach my fingers after surgery - but wasn't so sure I could get to my toes! Hah. Turns out, I could. Shocked the heck outta me!

Sorry for not posting more often. Trying to get my son to let me use his computer is not an easy task lol. Well I am back to doing exercises and with a vengeance...I'm doing an hour on the treadmill almost daily now. Between running and walking. On the days I'm too tired I do 30minutes. and I don't skip two days in a row without exercise. It has made a difference. The scale is now at 215 however the clothes feel a lot looser. For some reason I'm afraid to eat regular foods like chicken etc.. I'm still kind of eating soft foods or stuff I can chew and make it soft. I'm fine with this for now. I'm hating that some of my coworkers watch everything I put in my mouth, all of a sudden they've become experts on what I should eat and shouldn't eat, they watch what I eat all the time and ask how much have I lost all the time. So I tell them I can eat whatever I want just not as much as I used to and that I don't weight myself anymore daily which is the truth. I still have some of my "skinny clothes" that I never got rid of. Lots of jeans and cute shirts so I have been trying them. The jeans come up my hips now but I still can't zip them up but Im getting there. I made a mini goal to be in onederland by my birthday at the end of July. I'm feeling good about myself again. Make up is back out...and Im paying more attention to myself. I love my sleeve, I do not regret this one bit. My scars are red and I don't like them much but they are small. I need to find me a cream or something that can make them fade a little. Any suggestions? Well guys this is it for now. xoxoxox

Edited by Jenelle

Jenelle, I've been told to use coco butter cream on scars and they can fade. Or they have scar creams out there that r suppose to fade them away! You have to be faithful in using it at least twice a day.

I've heard bio oil is also really good.

Hey jenelle, so glad to hear from you again. Way to go on changing things up and getting that scale moving again. As for people at work, I think it's ok to not give them much info if you want. I am also starting to get comments but try to change the subject because it's very uncomfortable for me to talk(out loud) about being less fat ;) I also noticed that I'm purposely wearing loose clothes so my weight loss is not so noticeable . Losing the weight is kind if messing with my head and I am avoiding talking about it with everyone, including my husband. Well hope to hear from you soon. Be well

I had to buy something called hebiclens to shower with night before surgery. I was allowed to keep my acrylic nails and pedicure because they wrapped a heart rate strip around the base of my nail on my finger.

I've been using stretch mark cream on my lower abdomen and upper thighs but hadn't considered what to do about my incision scars. So glad this came up so I will know what works.

Hard to believe coworkers would be so critical. I can understand people asking what you can and can't eat, out of curiousity, but can you imagine them treating a cancer survivor or anyone else who has had a health care treatment being subjected to this level of scrutiny? It's beyond rude, it is like telling someone that you've decided they are not entitled to privacy. If we are subjected to bad manners I say we call them out because we haven't done anything wrong.

Cheering you on to onederland by end of July. My birthday is end of July also!

My first dining out experience. A friend came from out of town and we went to Gino's pizza "Chicago's deep dish". Wellllll. Lol. I couldn't drink the tab beer. Tasted nasty to me, I wasn't happy w that. appetizers came, breaded spinach sticks, I love those so I had two. Then the pizza came and I couldn't eat it. ???? I was full w the two bread sticks. So I sat there feeling awkward as my friends ate. And I ended up telling them about the surgery (which I wasn't planning to) because they were already asking why I wasn't eating. Next time no appetizers for me. I wasn't planning to eat the whole slice but at least I wanted to eat some. And I definitely wanted a beer but I guess my new tummy didn't and u have to listen to it. I did feel good in my clothes though. I guess I'm a cheap date now lol.

My first dining out experience. A friend came from out of town and we went to Gino's pizza "Chicago's deep dish". Wellllll. Lol. I couldn't drink the tab beer. Tasted nasty to me, I wasn't happy w that. appetizers came, breaded spinach sticks, I love those so I had two. Then the pizza came and I couldn't eat it. ?de2d I was full w the two bread sticks. So I sat there feeling awkward as my friends ate. And I ended up telling them about the surgery (which I wasn't planning to) because they were already asking why I wasn't eating. Next time no appetizers for me. I wasn't planning to eat the whole slice but at least I wanted to eat some. And I definitely wanted a beer but I guess my new tummy didn't and u have to listen to it. I did feel good in my clothes though. I guess I'm a cheap date now lol.

Thats so awesome. Thank you for postwar step by step. I have enjoyed reading it. Congratulation on all your goals.

Hey Jenelle just checking in how are you feeling?

Hey Jenelle, haven't heard from you in a while..... How is life? It's odd but I always looked forward to your posts and now wondering what's up. Be well

Hi guys. Quick post cuz I'm at work. I am now 208 and seem to be stuck there 2 weeks now. But from a size 24(tight) I'm now a size 16. I feel great. People are noticing and that motivates me more. I was asked out on a date but I turned it down. For now I want to focus on me no dating drama or what I'm I gonna wear etc. One thing I'm really hating is the stomach sounds. I'm starting to avoid eating around others because sometimes its loud. Even drinking Water sometimes makes my tummy make funny sounds. I had to order new uniforms and buy new underwear. Love it. Well guys gotta go now. Talk to u all later.

Hey jenelle, great to hear from you. It sounds like the weight loss is progressing well. A date, that's really cool! Keep up the good work!