Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I think I got suck on a small little pill this evening. It burns...sliming and dry heaving galore. Called the dr and left a message. Waiting to hear back now. It's so weird. Nothing is coming out when I dry heave. Just clear slimy saliva. Tried to drink warm tea...came right back up. Any suggestions?

the pill is gone. even in our pouches things will digest. I had one episode where no one could explain to me what happen. I was told esophageal spasm, swelling from being stuck and all I had was a drink of Water when I woke up in the morning. I had a heck of a time for hours. was even getting my shoes on to go to the ER when finally some warm tea went through the stoma and didn't cause me slime or bping. that little white pill may have started all this. it's good that you called your doctor he may unfill you just a bit so fluids can get through. we get dehydrated quickly so that will be a concern of his. give your stoma a couple of hours of rest and than try warm tea. and just sip tiny tiny sips. hope you feel better soon

If you're making yourself dry heave, stop. Stomach convulsions from heaving are one of the main causes of band slips. Your lower stomach violently convulses and this can cause the sutures holding the band in place to tear away.

I think I got suck on a small little pill this evening. It burns...sliming and dry heaving galore. Called the dr and left a message. Waiting to hear back now. It's so weird. Nothing is coming out when I dry heave. Just clear slimy saliva. Tried to drink warm tea...came right back up. Any suggestions?

BTW-Some pills do not disintegrate. Some pills remain intact and the drug leaches out over time in your digestive system. They can soften over time but it's possible to have one stuck in a tight band for many hours.

Thanks for the info. I went to the dr today and had .4cc removed from my band. I'm a little bummed as I was in the green zone for the first time EVER!! The dr said that a combination of being sick (bronchitis and tons of mucous) and getting stuck on that pill it is best to unfill a bit to let everything heal! Phew. I was so worried the dry heaving would harm the band!! That was my first time to ever have that happen. It was awful. Tonight I split the pill in half and took with milk. So far so good!!