Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Apparently I disappointed someone...

A FB "friend" posted this speaking about me.

Although I never blasted the fact I had wls on FB, all of my friends, family, and coworkers are well aware, but she just learned about it today:

"That moment when you look up to someone who lost weight and then you find out they had "the surgery" -- CRUSHED"

I didn't mean to "crush" anyone... I assure you.

And I like how "the surgery" sounds like a disease. lol

We can't be all things to all people. We have to go our own "journey" and make decisions on our own.....and really it is none of her business

Knowledge is understanding. If you care to continue your relationship with this person maybe you could/should educate him/her on the hardships you would have been facing without taking such a drastic step. Point out all the things you learned about the benefits of WLS. Share your triumphs, things like not having to take certain meds. anymore, not being judged or other things that have happened to you that have enriched your life. If this person looked up to you as the post suggests maybe a simple explanation is all that's needed. May because you didn't have a one on one conversation about it there are hurt feelings. We all knew going in that not everyone was going to be a fan. Those that know I had my surgery were told about it by me with the understanding that I was telling them because I needed and wanted their support. Good Luck

Like I said, I never posted anything on FB about surgery so I was SUPER nervous!!! But too hurt not to say anything.

I want a give-a-shitometer. Do they come in hot pink? I bet if we marketed those they would be a big hit.

Sorry, mrs. r, didn't mean to go off topic, but that was really too good to resist.

I want a give-a-shitometer. Do they come in hot pink? I bet if we marketed those they would be a big hit.

Sorry, mrs. r, didn't mean to go off topic, but that was really too good to resist.

It fades from brown to yellow. Haha

I want a give-a-shitometer. Do they come in hot pink?

Bahahahahahaha! :D

Ya know, seems to me, given that this chick chose to put something like this out there on fb, that it's really not about her getting disappointed. It would be more about her having an oppotunity to make a public dig at you. If she was really disappointed she should have discussed it with you privately. So imo she has just made herself look like an ass. Your reply to her was beautiful. If it were me, I would now pretend she no longer exists. Who needs friends like that?

Smh. Can't tolerate catty girls

My give-a-damn meter sees things like that as a someone trying to accidentally-on-purpose put you on public blast...

My response would've started with "b-tch please"....

Well I applaud you for your mature response, I find my inner bitch agreeing with "Bitch Please" and "Bite Me!", I mean really!