Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am nervous about my sleeve surgery next Thursday 4/10. I just keep thinking that I will have some major regret about this huge change. Everyone is so positive on this site, and that has been amazing for me, I am just wondering if there is ANYONE who is not satisfied that they made this choice?

Good luck with your surgery! I am very happy with my sleeve and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner! I will say that now and then I have moments where I wish I could just have a slice of cake or a cupcake from the bakery I used to love... lol... but then I think about what I'm gaining by getting rid of that stuff, and the sacrifice seems worth it. It isn't easy, but it has been worth it. I am just over a month out and have lost more than I have ever lost on any diet in my life!

I am nervous about my sleeve surgery next Thursday 4/10. I just keep thinking that I will have some major regret about this huge change. Everyone is so positive on this site, and that has been amazing for me, I am just wondering if there is ANYONE who is not satisfied that they made this choice?

I am one of the satisfied ones. Good luck

So far I very happy. I haven't had a day of pain except a lil in my left shoulder from gas. I was up walking around the recovery room 45 mins after surgery. I able to lay on nith of my sides in the hospital. I did so well I was sent home the day after surgery.

I start pureed food next week, praying that goes well also.

Come on to the losers bench, u wont be sorry. Good luck.

No regrets what so ever. Is it easy all the time... Honestly no. But I'm off my diabetic medicines. Down to four meds for my heart and down 53 lbs. the days of struggle are only moments in what is the rest of a long happy life.

I'm one of the few that regret it. I had my sleeve in January. I've lost over 50 pounds but I'm still extremely tired and feel gross most days. I would rather stay at home then go out. I miss food, I miss my friends and I miss going out for a drink. Most of all I miss my energy.

Amanda: do you think it is a general depression or id it specifically the surgery? They say after surgery you could become depressed.

I have NO regrets except that I didn't do it sooner. Sure I have days when I'm frustrated because I can't eat things or even finish my food.... but that's a blessing really and it will help me as it's supposed to do to lose weight. I can't physically eat anything I want..... I am six weeks post op and getting grilled chicken down was impossible without feeling like it was stuck in my chest... I don't like those symptoms of Have when I try to eat.... the burping and the gas..... but it all keeps me compliant..... I can't cheat even if I wanted to (which I don't) I am liking having this tool to control my eating for once in my life.... I don't miss over eating at all.... I am satisfied with small amounts of food. I thought that I'd never be able to have a baby sized portion on my plate... eat it and even leave food on my plate..... it's amazing..... I can't wait to see my success in six months time..... No regrets...at ALL....... :D

@@Amanda Nicole Hosaflook I hear it gets better by six months post op...... Focus on your weight loss.... the bad habits were what got us to this point in the first place...... you can still go out with friends but you just have to eat less and eat things that your are able to. Not sure how old you are but since I'm 60...I am not interested in going out for drinks anymore.... and even if i did I could drink something else besides alcohol...... I've actually done this before my sleeve..... I order non alcoholic drinks..... I can have fun, laugh and have a great time without alcohol..... Good friends and good company is all i need. I'm hoping that I'd even have more fun if I went out because I'd have a nicer body and could finally look good when i dress up and go out..... that in itself would make me happier than any alcohol could ever make me feel....... :) just my opinion..... it'll get better..... ;)

I'm on anti-depressants. My doctor doesn't think I'm getting enough Vitamins but the Bari ones make me sick. They did some blood work. I'm waiting on the results.

I hope you feel better soon. I have made up my mind that regrets will not help anything..... I can't go back to before surgery agian so might as well accept that this is how it is....... and hope that when i get to my goal weight that nothing else will matter that happened along the way..... Good Luck......

If you feel you will have regrets then reconsider the surgery. At the risk of being yelled at, I have to say that people who get on here 1 day post op saying they have regret really grind my gears. There's no going back once it's done. Might as well accept it for what it is! And 9/10 times the same person is posting a month later saying how happy they are that they had the surgery.

But seriously though. Why go though with something you're not even 100% sure about? This is a very permanent decision.

I, on the other hand, have not had one single regret. I am so happy I did this and it is quite exciting watching the number on the scale go down.

Good luck. :)

I'm on anti-depressants. My doctor doesn't think I'm getting enough Vitamins but the Bari ones make me sick. They did some blood work. I'm waiting on the results.

B12 works miracles! Are you getting enough b12?

I am Friday 4/11 - I am so nervous and have second guessed my decision a few times, but I know after the first two weeks or so I will be happy once again.

Really think everything through and do what is best for you.