Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st week post op protein drink! :) yum!

Some people have a hard time drinking just the Protein Drinks out of the box. Today I added a little more than half of a premier chocolate Protein Shake (about 8oz), half a banana, 1 tbsp of Peanut Butter, and a few ice cubes. Threw it in my ninja and it was delicious!!!! You can play around with measurements to fit the consistency you want! After next week I think I'll try adding some almonds!

I did exactly that last week with a whole banana and one teaspoon of Peanut Butter. It was a nice change of pace!

Try PB2 instead of peanut butter... pretty much tastes the same but much better for you.

I also like the new strawberry flavor from them. Little less of a funky flavor although I don't mind the chocolate either. vanilla is good blended with some chocolate PB2 and Torani sugar free salted caramel Syrup. My fave so far.

P nut butter has about 17 g of fat. Don't you worry about that???

P nut butter has about 17 g of fat. Don't you worry about that???

It's not an issue if you don't eat a lot of it or don't have it often. If fat is a concern you can get the same delicious Peanut Butter flavor w/o the fat by using PB2. And you can use more of it if you want more PB flavor w/o adding a lot fat and calories. Depending on what stage you are at, adding calories and a little fat can be helpful, as it's hard sometimes to eat enough to feel energetic. Peanut Butter in reasonable amounts is considered a healthy thing if you choose a no sugar added natural variety.

What is PB2 and where do you get it?

I've gotten it at Walmart in a plastic jar in the Peanut Butter section. It was cheaper on Amazon but you have to be careful to compare the package sizes and different sellers! It is a powdered form of peanut butter where most of the fat has been extracted. I use one tablespoon of the chocolate PB2 in a large shake and it has 22 calories, 1/2 g fat and 1-1/2 g sugar and 2 G Protein. A $4.50 jar at walmart gives me 30 servings that way. For comparison, my jif pb has 95 calories, 8 g fat, the same sugar and 3-1/2 G protein. You can add Water to reconstitute also.

Random question, but it's okay to add fruit to Protein shakes in the full liquids diet (like week 2)? And Peanut Butter as well? Just wondering.

My nutritionist and surgeon both told me not to eat anything that is fresh such as fruit or veggies until week 6. Rationale for that is that oftentimes "fresh" anything maybe contaminated even if we wash the product. You are wanting to protect your new stomach and let it heal without the risk of food poisoning. As far as the Peanut Butter I was told to wait until the soft food stage and to only eat one Tbs a day because of the fat content. Hope this helps.