Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Real Soda pretty please!

Hi all! I'm 1 month post op today and all I can think of is a real (as opposed to diet) Coca Cola! I haven't had one in over 40 days now and today is the only day I'm craving one. Hopefully the ONLY day lol... what do you all do in this desperate time ;)

@@Lindseyrd20

I'm sorry your having a rough time, don't give in!! Soda is one of the big No No's of lapband surgery. You may find some on here that will tell you they have some now and then, but don't listen. If your Dr. told you no carbonation then it's no carbonation.

I'm not the biggest Water drinker, so I had to find flavored water beverages to help me out. Mio makes an additive you can put in Water and I love the Sweet Tea flavor. There are all kinds, black cherry, watermelon, lemonaid. Just look in your grocery store in the juice or water isles. There are several manufactures now of those, but check the bottles since some have extra Vitamins that might upset you and/or added calories you don't want.

I also enjoy warm Decaf tea or coffee with flavored Creamers. I have not had any kind of soda or carbonated beverage in over a year..and I was once a big soda drinker, it was the only thing I would drink. You can do this :)

It took a while, but I finally quit craving sodas. Now, I don't know what I ever tasted in them. You'll get there.

I was quite excited to read your comments on coffee. That morning cup is a really important ritual for "hubby" and me. I won't have any problem with changing to Decaf, but I was worried about the creamer--I really don't like coffee without it. I will be attending a seminar this evening in KC, then I will be anxious for things to move ahead. Call me crazy, but I am doing this as we put our home of 42 years on the market. We are moving to an apartment in town where there will be paved roads and sidewalks for walking. I won't be looking back!!!!

@@Lindseyrd20

I'm sorry your having a rough time, don't give in!! Soda is one of the big No No's of lapband surgery. You may find some on here that will tell you they have some now and then, but don't listen. If your Dr. told you no carbonation then it's no carbonation.

I'm not the biggest Water drinker, so I had to find flavored water beverages to help me out. Mio makes an additive you can put in Water and I love the Sweet Tea flavor. There are all kinds, black cherry, watermelon, lemonaid. Just look in your grocery store in the juice or water isles. There are several manufactures now of those, but check the bottles since some have extra Vitamins that might upset you and/or added calories you don't want.

I also enjoy warm decaf tea or coffee with flavored Creamers. I have not had any kind of soda or carbonated beverage in over a year..and I was once a big soda drinker, it was the only thing I would drink. You can do this :)

I have my morning coffe every morning with creamer... My doc didn't restrict me and I haven't restricted myself

Sandy M./Katie Keane

They had me so afraid of the feeling you would get from carbonation, I was petrified. I finally tried a sip of pepsi and wham the pressure in the chest. No thanks. But summer, oh I wanted something COLD and refreshing. Remembered, Friendly;s Slammers. Which is Sherbert of choice and seltzer with a bit of vanilla Syrup. They mix it like a malt so there is no carbonation left, but oh is it C_O_L_D. This my treat when I have been shopping all day in town and the thirst is unyielding. Maybe 3x a month. Didn't hurt me.

coffee lost the taste for it. I was using Int'l delight flavors in my powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shakes to

liven it up a bit. Happen to try the Sweet Cream flavor in a cup coffee delicious. Stopped using so much Splenda. Very thankful. Still do. As long as you are losing like you want and should, feel healthy you will find ways that work for you. I am further along then you in time not by much. My goal was get healthy, feel great about me and enjoy life. Not necessarily a weight goal per say. I am older, did not want to have a prune look. I have lost 90 lbs, and I can shop At Chico's, great clothes store. My cholesterol is 139.

I don't often do carbonated but when the craving is great, I pick up a Sprite Zero with twist top cap. I open the Sprite several times (no drinking) throughout the day and place back in the fridge until it goes flat.

Once flat, I take sips as I want them. A 16-oz bottle of Sprite usually lasts me 5 days. My doc has had no problems with my doing this. But definitely check with yours.

I have never been a big soda drinker and I too was told no soda. I have had the occasional soda but really I'll take 2-3 gulps and be done. Not because it causes problems but because I don't really enjoy it.

coffee is something I do enjoy and have not been told to stop drinking. When I have my coffee I usually use non dairy Creamer too keep calories down. But will enjoy the occasional Starbucks frappe when I have extra calories to spare.

I haven't had any real cravings for soda. It's been 6 months. However, a few weeks back I had a cherry lime aid from sonic not knowing it was made with sprite. After a couple of drinks the pain set in. Guess the carbonation couldn't get back past the band! Lesson learned.

I've never been a big soda drinker because I didn't like the carbonation. When I did drink a diet coke, I would take half the day to drink it and it would be flat before I finished. Now, if I crave the cola taste I mix some soda stream Syrup in Water. It's just flat soda from the start. I usually keep a bottle of this non carbonated soda in the fridge and my kids make fun of me that I don't use the machine to make my soda :-)

It took a while, but I finally quit craving sodas. Now, I don't know what I ever tasted in them. You'll get there.

Amen! I drank two one liter bottles of diet soda each day... after surgery I gave it up. Now I can't stand the taste of the stuff. It is an addiction. Now it's flavored Water from costco.