Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2014 Sleevers

Take your Vitamins, take your Calcium and get in 64 oz of fluids at least. That helps with my fatigue but I still get tired.

I'm down 14 pounds in two weeks since surgery. I just can't believe it. This all feels so surreal.

I'm down 30 from high weight in February, but down only one pants size. That is so strange.

Is everyone measuring their waists, hips, and neck?

Yea I gotta get new Vitamins, I hate the chewable ones???????? and I haven't started the Calcium pills yet, guess I'll be going tomorrow to get some. Any suggestions on brands? I'm dwn 34lbs since surgery, and a total of 50lbs since my weight loss journey. I haven't measured myself in inches, which I shouldve.

I'm one month post op now, this morning I woke up feeling "lighter", I stepped on the scale & sure enough, I am down almost 2 more lbs. http://deekajungumbo.blogspot.com/2014/04/one-month-post-op.html

Edited by KajunGumbo

I am 3 weeks since post op and was doing very well(35 ponds lost in 2 weeks.) something strange is starting now. I am concerned that since I started phase2 I have not lost any weight in the last 4 days. Did anybody else experience the same?

I lost 20 in the first week n n after that I felt I havent lost any I was stuck at 250 for a week n a half. 6bweeks out im down between 229 n 234 or 236. scales r funny some times

I am 3 weeks since post op and was doing very well(35 ponds lost in 2 weeks.) something strange is starting now. I am concerned that since I started phase2 I have not lost any weight in the last 4 days. Did anybody else experience the same?

Same, I am in the puree stage and I haven't lost anything for four days either, and I am 3 weeks out. I don't expect to loose every day however I am worried that the weight will stop coming off. Probably unfounded but a bit scary.

That would scare me too.

Is anyone feeling emotional for no reason? I just read someone's post on Facebook about always loving someone and I just wanted to cry.

That would scare me too. Is anyone feeling emotional for no reason? I just read someone's post on Facebook about always loving someone and I just wanted to cry.

Oh yes. I cry at the drop of the hat anymore. My daughter watches Disney movies and I get choked up on the ones that I've even seen 10 times. It's because our hormones are all out of whack with this surgery.

Anyone have any suggestions for calcium citrate? I bought the normal kind and my surgeon said to slice with a pill cutter. Well that just makes jagged edges and they're a pain (literally) to get down. Seems like all the chewable ones I find have added sucrose.

I truly believe if we follow our food stages & walk/exercise, the weight WILL come off, have faith!

thx @@KajunGumbo noticed if I walk that def helps feel like it's getting harder not easier sometimes

Interesting... my doc doesnt want me to start Vitamin until 4 weeks. I feel like I really need them. I am tired. (kinda lazy feeling) I am tired just drying my hair... I dont think I am getting in enough Protein. close, but not really there. Jerseygril, are you taking chewalbe or liquid vitamins ???? Maybe try another brand for now. If you doc wants you to start taking them, maybe another kind just for now ??? FEEL Better!!! :):unsure:

@@maggiemae I had to start liquid Vitamins week before surgery n for the rest of my life now. I feel u on the protein that's hard even liquids getting inside of me. It's special made liquid vitamins from the dr thx

My scales are going out of my reach, I am becoming scale addicted. After a five year stall, yo yo dieting etc with no scale movement, I cant believe I let myself look every day. If my weight doesn't move for one day pffft. Weekly weighs for this chickedee. I am sure that the ladies that loose all that weight in a year don't do it at a steady methodical weekly amount.

@@Smashelle me to everyday I am weighing good n bad. I kno if I stall or it goes up a lil forget me whole day ruined not healthy but I feel it helps me realize what I did to myself . U go girl keep it u with weekly weigh ins good luck

So I had my first stall yesterday at 7 days post very upsetting but hoping cuz I got my monthly thats y I stalled . N this morning I had my first vomiting experience since the hospital not sure y was just trying to get my liquid vitamins in n bam something hit me. Yuck. Lil depressed want to get out of 298 n closer to 250 ill feel more comfortable away from 300s . I kno im a lil over a wk from when I had surgery but still.

Hi Jerseygrl. You and I have the same doctor and the same Vitamins, and I can't take them either. I get near them and I'm ready to vomit, so I've given up. I tried the opurity chewable vitamins and those gave me a stomach ache for a half hour too. I've given up on bariatric vitamins until I'm able to get things down more easily. I've gone to a womans daily Gummy Vitamin and am taking a Biotin pill.

How long does it take you guys to eat a "meal". For instance, I'll have a Protein Drink for breakfast... usually do about 6 oz of milk... and it takes me about an hour to finish. I'm on mushy food now, and it usually takes me about a half hour to an hour to get down 4 to 6 oz of food.

Hi Jerseygrl. You and I have the same doctor and the same Vitamins, and I can't take them either. I get near them and I'm ready to vomit, so I've given up. I tried the opurity chewable vitamins and those gave me a stomach ache for a half hour too. I've given up on bariatric vitamins until I'm able to get things down more easily. I've gone to a womans daily Gummy Vitamin and am taking a Biotin pill.

@@Chanlissa lol luv it he was wonderful dr sadek I loved him!! These liquid vitamins suck every morning it hard to get down but I am trying. Haven't tried chewable but after this pack I might to see if it cheaper too. How are you doing since surgery?