Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi out there in "Loserville". Hope everyone is doing well.

I'm 23 months out, lost my other half and am feeling great. Hunger is really creeping back in and I wonder if I'm alone with this.

I try to eat a small meal 5 times a day so I'm not starving myself. I'm actually looking at the time now to see when it is time to eat.

I'm so afraid of failing that this is weighing on me. ( no pun intended )

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oh, by the way, I've been maintaining this weight for about 7 months. I feel this is a good weight for me..

Edited by LovinIt

Sorry you are experiencing this. I'm looking to be revised to rny so I will be looking for responses to your question.

I'll be 29 months out in two days. I have "hungry days" and not so hungry days but haven't noticed any pattern of being more hungry than before. I never eat less than two or more than four hours apart. Less than two is head hunger. If I'm hungry and it has been less than two hours since I ate something, I bridge the gap with fluids. My Fluid of choice is Decaf coffee but there are lots of other options - tea, Crystal Light, flavored waters, some even drink just plain Water to name a few.

Are you getting enough fluids? The signals to the brain for "hungry" and for "thirsty" are very similar. So similar in fact that it can be very difficult to tell the difference. You might consider increasing your Fluid intake up to the recommended 64oz a day and see if that resolves some of the hunger issues.

Are you maintaining a food log? I've been using My Fitness Pal for well over two years and it is an amazingly powerful tool. Hunger is a normal, perfectly healthy response to your body's need for something. MFP keeps you on track and accountable for ensuring what you eat or drink is the right something. It also helps eliminate a lot of stress and worry about "what if?". For example, I don't think I ate well last week. I know that I averaged just under 1700 calories a day last week. I know I averaged a little over 100g of Protein a day for that seven day period. And I know that my consumption of fats and carbs were in the healthy range. And I know that I exceeded my 40g daily average of sugar (ugh!) by about 6g.

Commit to logging for 90 days and you'll be amazed at what it does for your confidence!

I will get more liquids in. Yes, I do keep a log.

Thanks

You're doing everything absolutely right and you have the weight loss and the numbers in your log to prove it! Great job!!

I doubt that there is one of us on this forum that doesn't understand your fear. I try to examine my fears by answering the question is it rational or irrational. If it's rational, I try to do something about it. If it's irrational, I make a conscious choice to recognize that I have no objective basis to justify it. That doesn't mean that it instantly goes away. But continually reminding myself over time that it has no basis usually alleviates the fear.

I think there is great value in keeping it as simple as possible. The laws of science and the universe cannot be denied. As long as you are meeting your calorie goal average on a consistent basis, it is not possible to gain weight. That does not mean that you won't occasionally exceed your daily calorie goal. Life is meant to be fun and enjoying a special meal on a special occasion is part of enjoying your life. When that happens, I simply make a mental note to reduce my daily calorie goal by 100-200 calories for a day or two and I'm right back on track with my average.

You'll see the results in your log. And on the scale. Just as you have been all along on your journey. You're managing your weight instead of your weight managing you. You are in control. And that's a great feeling.

Persistence, along with absolute belief, can never be defeated.

Thanks.

good to hear from someone who's been there

I've felt 'hunger' since just a few months post op. It feels different than it did pre-op but I think I've just come to recognize that feeling as the 'new hunger'. I don't get a rumbling stomach, I get kind of an empty feeling and sometimes a little soreness in my belly. Kind of similar to a motion sickness feeling, or like someone pinched my insides lol. I try not to go too long without eating. I usually have 3 meals and 2 small Snacks a day. In between I use liquids.< /p>

Edited by pookybear

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches