Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much/what are you eating 3 months post op?

I'll be 3 months post op in a few days. I could eat basically anything of course I stay away from carbs, sweets, coke stuff like that by choice. I could eat any vegetable. I went to cheddars someone ordered crescents and I took a little piece just to taste it and it settled fine with my stomach I was content with that small taste. I did have a slip and had like 6-8 tortilla chips with salsa at a restaurant, I'm not doing that again. I'm determined to lose weight and I know I have to put my part. I feel I'm eating more now I could eat half a cup (sometimes a cup) of food already and that scares me. I stick to veggies, shrimp, fish,chicken, quinoa, eggs and oatmeal and of course my 60 ounces of Water and 60 grams of Protein (syntrax) which I enjoy my protein now. I try to eat 3 times a day but usually I have two meals for sure now Snacks. I'm starting to feel hungry not too often but all of sudden my stomach is hungry. I'm just afraid to stretch my stomach with the amount I'm eating or go back to my old ways I'm loving this weight loss. I start insanity classes tomorrow so I know that's going to help me more. So how is everyone doing at this point what are y'all eating? Is this ok the amount I'm eating? Do any of you want to have a snack sometimes if so what do y'all eat?

Until I reached goal, I didn't snack, eat bread, nothing sweet or fried. It was like the most important diet of my life. Now, almost four years out, I have been maintaining for over three years. Take full advantage of your honeymoon period. I log all my food, I weigh every morning and I still weigh or measure all my food when I am home.

There is a fine line for me, between maintaining, gaining or losing. I MUST be diligent, this is my new life, as natural to me as breathing.

You can do this, enjoy every pound you lose. You're life will be so different a year from now! I dieted off and on for 30 years, for the first time in my adult life, I eat and feel no guilt. My life feels like that of a naturally thin person. It's very liberating!!!

good luck!

I have my 3 month Dr appt tomorrow. The 19th will be actual 3 months. They may lessen my restriction tomorrow, but at this point I'm eating Protein only (soft meats and cheese). I haven't been cleared for anything else. I eat a reduced fat cheese stick for Breakfast. And I'm only able to eat 1/2 oz meat. I have 3 meals a day, no Snacks. I drink Protein Drinks and Water.< /p>