Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so my daughter says to me, "mom have you ever heard of oil pulling." I could not even imagine what the heck she was talking about. She said, "the Indians and ancients used it instead of tooth paste to clean and repair teeth, kill germs and bacteria in our teeth. Teeth are bones she said and if you break a bone, it can build and repair itself"....

And she says, "on top of that if your teeth are stained it will whiten them and make you feel like your teeth are freshly cleaned by the dentist." Also she added, "that your breath smalls great as a pleasant side effect of this daily at first then by- weekly habit."

So my hubby has been doing it two times a day and plans on doing it for two weeks and then evaluating whether he can feel or see a difference.

I did it today with Coconut oil. It was difficult to put the hard oil in my mouth but I chewed it up and soon it was a liquid and the bad taste was gone...

After I swished it around my mouth for 20 min. I spit it in the garbage because cold oil can clog drains....lol

My teeth felt amazing. Even the back, you know way back behind the teeth where it is hard to reach your brush: was cleaned off. i felt refreshed and had a smooth and cleaner looking mouth. My breath was fresh as well. With just a hint of coconut...

Thought I would mention it because so many on here talk about the side effect of bad breath with these surgeries....I am going to keep it up for two weeks as well and see how or if anything is really better. My daughter has done it for two weeks now and swears her teeth are not hurting as much and that she does not have bad breath anytime of the day or night.

Dentists don't like this but that is okay..I like using natural things to make me better.

Here is a site if you want to read about it yourself...

Just sharing!

http://authoritynutrition.com/oil-pulling-coconut-oil/

Let us know how it goes for you, I tried a few times but never stayed committed to it.

I just heard of this for the first time this week. I know a few people doing it and recommend it. I'm considering trying it myself.

Okay so my daughter says to me, "mom have you ever heard of oil pulling." I could not even imagine what the heck she was talking about. She said, "the Indians and ancients used it instead of tooth paste to clean and repair teeth, kill germs and bacteria in our teeth. Teeth are bones she said and if you break a bone, it can build and repair itself"....

And she says, "on top of that if your teeth are stained it will whiten them and make you feel like your teeth are freshly cleaned by the dentist." Also she added, "that your breath smalls great as a pleasant side effect of this daily at first then by- weekly habit."

So my hubby has been doing it two times a day and plans on doing it for two weeks and then evaluating whether he can feel or see a difference.

I did it today with Coconut oil. It was difficult to put the hard oil in my mouth but I chewed it up and soon it was a liquid and the bad taste was gone...

After I swished it around my mouth for 20 min. I spit it in the garbage because cold oil can clog drains....lol

My teeth felt amazing. Even the back, you know way back behind the teeth where it is hard to reach your brush: was cleaned off. i felt refreshed and had a smooth and cleaner looking mouth. My breath was fresh as well. With just a hint of coconut...

Thought I would mention it because so many on here talk about the side effect of bad breath with these surgeries....I am going to keep it up for two weeks as well and see how or if anything is really better. My daughter has done it for two weeks now and swears her teeth are not hurting as much and that she does not have bad breath anytime of the day or night.

Dentists don't like this but that is okay..I like using natural things to make me better.

Just sharing!

I've been doing this for about a week now. My teeth feel much cleaner. I also use coconut oil and it is so gross until it melts. It's a texture thing. I thought I was the only weirdo out there. :) I'm reading a book right now about oil pulling that one of my coworkers leant me. It talks about how the teeth are the basis of most of our illnesses in our bodies. Heart disease being one of the biggest ones. It says that our bodies can be full of our mouth bacteria if there is ever any bleeding in our mouths. In my experience as a health care provider, I have never met one patient with nice clean teeth with heart disease. Those that come in for surgeries on their hearts usually have the nastiest teeth I've ever seen. Not all of them but most of them.

51axlofei1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

I've seen a lot about this lately. I want to give it a try. Where did you get the coconut oil?

You can get coconut oil in the baking section of the store. I think it's where the other oils are kept.

I've seen a lot about this lately. I want to give it a try. Where did you get the coconut oil?

Vitamin Shop, Amazon

I tried it. Almost barfed LOL

I've been doing this for about a week now. My teeth feel much cleaner. I also use coconut oil and it is so gross until it melts. It's a texture thing. I thought I was the only weirdo out there. :) I'm reading a book right now about oil pulling that one of my coworkers leant me. It talks about how the teeth are the basis of most of our illnesses in our bodies. Heart disease being one of the biggest ones. It says that our bodies can be full of our mouth bacteria if there is ever any bleeding in our mouths. In my experience as a health care provider, I have never met one patient with nice clean teeth with heart disease. Those that come in for surgeries on their hearts usually have the nastiest teeth I've ever seen. Not all of them but most of them.

What is the name of the book you are reading?

costco or the health food store usually carries it :)

I tried it. Almost barfed LOL

LOL... try it again...baby! LOL

Just sharing!

51axlofei1L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

Plaque and bacteria is the enemy here. I have heard dentist after dentist say that untreated plaque is a recipe for heart attacks.....

Just tried it, not sure how long I will be able to keep at it but worth a try I think.

I’ve watched some show ages ago about cleanses etc and they did a oil detox.
Basically they sat for 20mins swilling oil in there mouth changed its 3 times but just kept doing it.
It comes out all white and cloudy dunno if that the swilling acting like a whisk or what but its something people do as a detox.