Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So this may sound silly but I walked into Old Navy and walked out with a pair of boyfriend jeans and a new shirt. I have to say I teared up in the middle of the mall. The hubs just smiled and hugged me. It was greatness. I haven't ever got to buy something for me once there. It was awesome.

That's awesome! I'm 2 days post op and grabbing onto every positive thread on this site! This is so hard but I hope it's worth it!

Very much worth it. When you can walk into say JC Penneys and not have to go to plus size section, it is all worth it.

Hey that's great! You go girl! I can't wait till I can do that. it's been so long since I've had a nice pair of jeans. I was sleeved on March 6, 2014. I'm just a little over a week post-op. Congrats!

I haven't shopped in anything other than plus size in???????? I can't really remember! I was a 14/16 in high school. I'm 45. I got down to 190 when I was 24 and could wear a 12/14. But I can't even imagine walking into any store and just choosing! It's got to feel good. Sp I'll sit and sip and try to maintain Faith. How far out are you?

I was sleeved Oct 7, 2014..54 pounds down and waiting patiently to lose 2 more pounds so I can enter Onederland....then there is gonna be a party....of protein...LOL

I was sleeved May 8th 2013, and I am glad to say I will NEVER shop for myself at Lane Bryant again! Don't get me wrong, I loved being able to go in and shop and not feel like everyone was staring at me, or having a super tiny sales associate look down her nose at me, but I'm also glad to not have to pay $30 for a tank top ever again. Oh, and for some inspiration, when they have their annual sale, Victoria Secrets panties are not too crazy priced, and they are soo super cute. I went in and asked for a med, and the sales girl told me I looked more like a small, guess what? She was right. :) The effort you put out there is so totally worth it, work your sleeves for everything they have, and you will love the results!

I have to say I did walk in Lane Bryant today and turned around and walked right back out. That alone was awesome. Unfortunately my upper half is still on the border line as I have the boobs from hell and shoulders of a right tackle but that too will get better...Had no clue there was such a thing as a 1X.

boyfriend jeans and a new shirt

hey tex,

your success doesn't sound silly at all :)

shopping/new sizes is one of the greatest NSV's you/me/we all have :)

nothing like going into a store (ie JC Penny's) and buying "normal" size clothes

not having to buy plus sizes (where i used to live :blink: )

you're soooooooo close to onderland :)

i'm getting goose bumps for you ;)

keep up the good job :)

kathy

congrats

Edited by proudgrammy

Thank you grammy...I take it slowly as you can see from my weight loss..but it's a baby step toward the big prize. Long term...I am there for my beautiful grand babies. And I am healthy. I was told today by a fav waiter we have at Denny's that he would have never thought I was 50...I offered to adopt him...LOL

I had that thought when I was shopping for my daughter at old navy... HEY SOMEDAY I might get to shop for ME here!? What will I do?! I will have to figure out "my style", which won't just be whatever LB and Avenue have on clearance!

well done - its an awesome feeling! :)

Thank you all. And then the hubs tells me he bought me a 50.00 gift card to Old Navy. Happy dance. Lol

oooooops

double post

:angry: :angry:

Edited by proudgrammy

hubs bought me a 50.00 gift card to Old Navy.

tex

sounds like you've got a keeper their!!! :)

he's very supportive, happy for you

and generous too!!! :)

keep up the good job :)

kathy

congrats