Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

you gals will do fine althought the gas ains are kicking in again its ten oclock here in missouri and outthe door I go again THE GAS X STRIPS I HAVE TRIED TWO HAD SOME LUCK WITH GUESS I TRY IT AGAIN I AM TIRED BUT STILL PUMP UP FROM MEDICINES I GUESS. SEE YOU ALL LATER GIRLS.

I'm puzzled because I know I put this on here but I can't find it anywhere...anyway. I am May 11th, right along with buscove and mommytokk!! It's one week and a day from today!

How's everyone doing?

Hello All,

Well, it done. I was banded yesterday. It all went well, I guess. Doc found a hernia and repaired it. Shoulder pain was pretty bad yesterday, but this morning it is much better. Heating pad, gasX and walking. Surgery was at 10:00 AM, checked out of the hospital at 3:00 pm. Was about a 30 min drive to the house. Don't forget your pillows everyon, I sure made it alot more compy, and DH took it real slow. Slept most of the day after got home. Sipped Water and walked and slept. My DH is the greated nurse. He took today of as well, I am being spoiled. Good luck to everyone else, let us know how you are doing. I will post more later, took some pain med and it is time for another nap.

Congratts to all of those who have had and are soon having their band put in! i am going to finish my pre-op testing this morning. I am absolutely terrified of the liquid diet. I dont know why but that just seems like torture to me.

I'm puzzled because I know I put this on here but I can't find it anywhere...anyway. I am May 11th, right along with buscove and mommytokk!! It's one week and a day from today!

How's everyone doing?

I'll get you on the May calendar when I get home from work tonight.

Glad you've joined us.

NimbleBean

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I have an appointment booked for a band 26th May in Southern Cyprus. I'm hoping to come back with a tan as well.

Thank you to the site for all the information I have found which has helped me make, what will hopefully be, the bigest choice of my life.

Jane:)

I see a lot of people talking about buying liquid tylonol. Are you talking about the kind they make for infants or do they actually make one for adults?

LauraP, so glad to hear you have crossed over to the banded side.

JaneC, welcome!

I am to be banded tomorrow and am quite nervous but even more excited!

The Morning After Being Banded Slept Like A Baby Finally Around 11 Pm After Walking Some Gas Pains Off Slept On My Side And Back With No Problem Just Had To Be Careful When Rolling Over To Either Side A Little Sore But Not Bad. Still No Hunger Yet Must Be Still Pretty Swollen Inside Never Went This Long With Out Eating Something. For Me I Lifted Up My Shirt In Fornt Of A Mirror And They Shaved My Chest From My Pectoral Down To My Privates Looks Very Weird. Ugly Matter Of A Fact. But I Have Not Used Any Of Pain Medicines Yet A Got Adult Strength Liquid Tylenon How Ever You Spell It. Good Luck To All Later.

Good luck to you May 3rd bandsters!

I've got my pre-op appointment this afternoon and only a few more days to wait!

I've got my pre-op appointment this afternoon and only a few more days to wait!

Me too! Whoo hoo! :)

Hi Ragdollx19

Yes, there is an adult strength liquid Tylenol. I found it at Walgreens next to the cough Syrup. It says "Tylenol Extra Strength Adult Rapid Blast Liquid" on the label. I also bought the Tylenol Go-Tabs chewable tablets in case the cherry liquid is too gross.

Hi all of you guys!

I just saw your May thread, Im from the Shrinking Violets April 07 crew and had a band fitted last month!

I wanted to wish you all good luck for your May bandings, and speedy recoverys!!

Sara x

Way to go Laura and Slackaction!!! It's so good to hear from both of you so soon. That is so inspiring for the rest of us to know how quickly you are up and typing already. Thanks for the pillow and liquid tylenol suggestions. I don't want to forget anything so keep the advice coming.

I'm thinking of all you May 3rd bandsters and praying that you are healing well and will sleep good tonight.

May 4th bandsters are doin it!!!! Be Strong!!! We are with you in spirit!

I need to get out of my house, away from the kitchen, so I don't have to think about all the food I'm not eating . . . . . I'm off to the internist appt. so see ya . . . . .

laura and slackaction -- wow you are inspiring!!! congrats. I just had my last doc. apt. yesterday. Surgeon agreed and was able to pre- obtain the updated AP band which will be released nationally at the bariatric conference next month in San Diego --- however getting nervous as he didn't have it from INAMED as of yesteday and surgery is tuesday.

I didn't want to appear concerned but pretty sure I did -- (sure hope he plans, at the very least, to look at it before sticking it in :omg:)

He was so calm, cool and collected ---- it really bugged me and then I reminded myself oh yah, that's why I choose him:clap2:

good luck to all of those on today and tomorrow -- we're on our way. I don't know about you guys but May is great month for this -- just think with summer right around the corner how good we'll all be feeling!!!!! :)