Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

twinmommy...

I drink the protien shakes that body builders use...low carb/fat, high protien, to build lean muscle. My favorite is Champion Nutrition whey chocolate. It's so good my kids use it for chocolate milk, especially on game days for soccer and H2O polo. Alot of people think protien drinks are too high in calories, but they are actually looking at Meal Replacement drinks like slimfast...not the same at all.

I have a protien drink every morning (ussually the chocolate, hot with international coffee SF mixed in) it's my morning latte, or I frappe it with ice in the blender. Often I have some cottage cheese around 10:30 then lunch about 1-2:00...seems to keep me from snacking as much if I space my meals that way. Everybody's got to find what works for them.

Sue

PS...I know you "chat" with Wendy from time to time...she's at the hoespital waiting on her first Grandbaby (Chloeigh Mae)...We're all so excited!

Sue,

Okay, I need your help. I see that you drink you Protein hot. I would like to try that in the morning. So, how do you do it where the mix does not curdel(sp, you know what I mean). I have tried the SF international coffee mix and love it so I would like to have it in the AM with my protein mix.

Thanks,

Laura

Accidental impressionism shot, but it actually helped me out with some of my image issues. Whoever this guy is, he doesn't look like a fatass :wink_smile:

post-0-13813136822766_thumb.jpg

WOW Manatee, you look Marvelous!!!!

Laura...

Your Water is too hot, boiling water will curdle the protien, cool it down a little before adding then powder. I've done it too, then, not noticing, took a BIG swig...nasty!!!

I like to add SF syrups too, Enlish Toffee and Almond are my favorites.

Sue

Thanks Sue, I will let it cool a bit see how that works. I will also try the SF syrups, they sound yummy.

Thanks bunches,

Laura

I had an NSV-

My drivers license is expiring soon and I needed to go take the vision test and take a new pic- anyway.... my weight is finally accurate! After 14 or so years of hopeing nobody questioned it, it finally has the correct weight. Yeeeaaah for me!

Wow, congrats, i'm still working on reaching my drivers' license weight!

Sue - I had my yummy hot Protein mixed with my international coffee this morning. Thanks again for the advice. I sure enjoyed it, I just can't do a cold shake first thing. I have trouble eating in the AM, and usually cannot eat anything until around 9 or 10, so it felt so much better knowing that at least I am getting some protein first thing. Part of me thinks that this has been one of the reasons that the weight has been real slow to come of lately. We shall see........

anyone here? I know it's been a while for me, but is everyone else busy too? Weezer are you there? Just trying to catch up with everyone. I'm going back to read some posts that I missed. Have a nice day (night) everyone.

Cindy

Hi all. I'm here. I've been reading up on everyone's progress, but haven't had much to report myself.

Some of you may remember I lost my band in February due to erosion, among other issues. Anyway, I'm working my butt off and watching my diet and doing everything I can to not gain any weight back. It's been a struggle, to say the least. But, so far, I've pretty maintained. Considering so many people gain weight back quickly, I'm considering this a success and trying not to think of the weight I could be losing.

Take care and have a great week!

Who's next?

Hello all...

Nothing new to report on my end either... The scale keeps playing with the 2 lbs...back and forth... no progress at all. I'm annoyed but not as down about it as I was last week. I'm starting to get that feeling... failure. Like... this is the end of the road for me. I'm working out, I'm eating right (not too much, not too little... all the right things...) and nothing. At this point I'll be thrilled to death if I make 199 by memorial day... let alone my goal of 190. On a better note, I am going back in on Wednesday for a fill... maybe just a small one will make a difference... maybe it'll kick start my loss. I'm hoping anyway.

Seems like everyone is MIA!! Where is everyone?? Weazer? Mini? Sandra? Metal? HHHEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO????!!!!!!?????

Hey Melissa....I have been lurking but with nothing new to report. I too keep playing with the same 2 lbs!!! I think I have lost and gained it 40 times!!! I have not been working out and I know that will make the difference but....its like the old bad habits start creeping back! You are doing all the right things...don't get discouraged, the scale will move soon!

SElaine, that is such an accomplishment to have your band removed and not gain!!! Congrats!!!

Cindyluhu....10lbs from goal, well done girl!

Mini was having surgery and said she would be gone for a while but....we should have heard by now???? Hope all is well Weazer!

Have a great day!

I know I have wondered if this is the end of the road for me also? In th ebiginning my Doc said that most Lap Band patients lose 70% of their excess weight. I have lost 81 out of 109lbs. I am so close to goal (closer than I have ever been) I can taste it. Apparently not enough to stop tasting everything else though...........

I want to be thin! I need a kick in the butt!