Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Well this restriction might as well not exist. :tongue_smilie: We all remember that "first fill" excitement and then letdown. Doesn't change the second time through....

Still, stepping up the workout should help

This morning I woke up... jumped on the scale and saw.... -.4

got mad and went to the gym... worked out like crazy... cleared my head and started thinking... came home and crunched some numbers...

9 weeks to meet challenge goal...

7 days in a week

thats 63 days

.4 x 63 = 25.2 lbs.

My challenge goal is 27 lbs.

so....in the long run... its pretty close....

The point of my rambling is..... even when we see a loss of .2 a day... or . 4 or whatever.... it adds up.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!

I ran again today..and it felt good. It was only 2 minutes at a time... but even in school when I played field hockey...and I was at my best... I still was not a runner.

I think I will add that to my list of goals... I want to be one of those people who enjoys running.

Melissa-OMG! I am still LOL about wearing the tag size on the outside of your pants! You are too funny! Anyway, I had to go back 8 ages and read up on everybody. It has been a while since I have been on. I had a fill then had to unfill 1/2 of it. I tell you I am so grateful for you guys and reading everyones experiences. It really puts me right on track. I gave up the nuts and dropped 8 pounds. I am not a big sweet eater but nuts are definitely my downfall. I have realized as long as I don't eat the very first one I am great. That sounds kind of funny but as soon as I have just 1 nut I am off to the races. I have to stay away completely. I have tried so many times to just have a couple. That's addiction for ya. I didn't go through a surgery just to sabotage it with nuts. I really enjoyed the ski stories too. We go over the first weekend in March every year and what a HUGE difference in last year to this year. Two years ago I didn't even ski, it was just too hard. This year I was whipping around everywhere and totally enjoyed it & my kids too. It is really sad how much fun I missed out on with them because I couldn't physically do it. My youngest son who is 7 and I spent one day tubing down the hill and just had a blast. It is definitely great to finally be participating in life again.

Michelle

Michelle...

the NUTS!!!

I'm feeling so convicted right now. I seem to be able to resist most anything but NUTS! I'd love to just get them all out of the house, but they are my son's favorite snack (he's diabetic, so nuts have been a good substitute for sweet Snacks, it would be really selfish for me to take nuts from him because of my lack of self-control). You're right, if you don't take the 1st one there's no way to over-induldge! Almonds taste so good, and the crunch is so wonderful...I've been telling myself they are good for you...true, in limited quantities!

Edited by sue11

I can only have a few nuts at a time, then they start to hurt. However, I totally understand the first bite is a doozy with chocolate. I have one bite and that leads to fifteen bites.............. I need to go to the gym, it has just been a crazy week. I feel so much better when I do go though..........

It is bizarre how a nut can have such power of me. I guess it can be anything, for me the salt and crunchiness was what I was missing. I have always had some kind of oral fixation, I used to smoke along time ago, thank you God, I was a nail biter for the longest time too. I seem to always want to be doing some type of chewing thing, I think that is one of those harder things for me, I can chew gum until my jaws hurt. Well, just to reinforce staying away from almonds, when I stopped I dropped out of the 170's yipeeeeee!!! 166 and dropping......

Michelle

Hello Everyone!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA!!! I got knocked up and abdoned you guys....so sorry!! Well I had to get unfilled on March 20th. I was to tight and throwing up at every meal a couple of times so I knew for the health of my baby that had to stop. The sad part is my doctor wouldnt give me a slight unfill.....so I have a total unfill right now. I can eat everything and I am terrified!!! If I over eat I get sick but I can get a whole sandwich down now, even Pasta and rice and that would of never happened before. I try to eat the same as before but things just sound so tempting....I am up already 3 lbs. Then again I went from not eating at all to actually eating something so I knew I was going to gain. Well I am happy to see that all of you are doing great keep up the good work. I will be 8 weeks on friday...and the morning, noon, evening sickness has just kicked in!!

Sandra

Sandra - Good to see ya, sorry you had to be unfilled, but like you say the health of the baby is most important at this time. Just take it day by day, keep checking in here and let us know how it is going. Take Care

Laura

Sandra,

Congratulations!! I realize you must be nervous about being unfilled, but I'm sure you'll be fine. To gain some in pregnancy is healthy. I'm really happy for you. Are you going to find out if it's a boy or a girl? I do high risk ob ultrasound, which I absolutely love, so you'll have to tell me if you find out!! Just remember, you still have the band so when it's safe to do so after the baby's born, you can always have it filled again. Hope the "morning, afternoon, evening" sickness feeling leaves soon.

Take care, and let us know all the details!!

Cindy

Can you guys believe it's almost been a year now since we've been banded?!! This time last year I was so excited, nervous, anxious, etc. And now look, we're the experienced ones giving advice to others that are in our "old" shoes. I am so very thankful that I got the band, I can't even tell you. It's so fun to go shopping now and be in "regular" sizes.

Cindy

Anybody else having GALLBLADDER problems? I had an attack a couple months ago, then 2 last week. Saw my Doc on Friday and he schuled an ultrasound for Tuesday AM. Then today I spent 3 hours curled in a ball in my bed, could hardly breath! It was like one big long labor contraction.

I'm debating, Dr Oh (lap-band surgeon) will do the galbladder and throw in a Tummy Tuck for a bit extra. He always jokes that you're lucky if you get gallstones or a hernia...then you get a cheap tummy tuck, 'cause insurance covers most of it. I certainly wasn't planning any plastic surgery yet, I figured I'd give it a year to see what (if anything) is really needed, but a cheap TT would be hard to pass up. Thought about putting off the gallbladder, but after today I don't think I can go through that too many more times. My backside is MUCH worse than my tummy, but it sure would be nice to have flat abs again!

Sue

Did anyone catch Good Morning America yesterday morning?

They had a segment on weight loss...and had 3 people who lost a super amount of weight... like 100+ and the one girl who lost the most (I may be wrong but I believe it was close to 200lbs) started relating her weight loss to potatoes. After losing her first 10 lbs she got discouraged and was afraid of failure... her aunt told her to go to the store and pick up 2- 5lbs sacks of potatoes and carry them around the store for 10 minutes...and note how heavy they feel after carrying them... she told her... now that was what you were carrying around and lost.

I tested that theory this morning at the gym... I tried to pick up a 50lbs hand weight (even though my loss more than that right now) and I couldnt hardly pick it up... let alone carrying around.