Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I have no clothes!

I just went through and tossed everything with an "x" in the size, anything that didn't fit, etc. I thought I had lots of clothes, but it turns out I really don't own anything at all.

I have six (6) 39 gallon bags full of clothes headed to the Goodwill.

A good problem I suppose. Now I need to develop a style, instead of just buying the only thing in the store that fits.

I personally like trendy. I could see you being preppy w/ maybe some highlights. What else can guys do? Ladies change hairstyles, get nails done, tan, etc................... Just a thought!

Manatee...

I did the closet purge recently too. I got rid of everything that didn't fit. After I hung up all the clothes I own that do fit I had over 60 hangers leftover! I'm trying not to spend too much money on new clothes, (losts of clearance rack stuff) 'cause I don't want to get too attached...hopefully the current clothes will be too small someday soon!?!

The really great part was I got to give a bunch to a friend. She recently went through breast cancer surgery & treatments. The meds she has to take for the next 5 years made her gain weight. She's a single mom & with medical bills and all, it was great to be able to help out a little. I guess that counts as a NSV.

Sue

I just feel so blessed! Like a second chance to live life to its fullest!!!! My husband has been great....he has gotten on a health kick and has lost some weight. I think he maybe a little jealous....we have several family members that keep telling him that I am getting too cute and that someone is going to steal me. Well ....all of the sudden he breaks out with that he wants another baby! I had totally shut out the idea of having more kids.....my kids now are 10 and 6 yrs. old and not to mention I will be 35 yrs old this year. He just never wanted more....and now thats all he can talk about. I finally feel like a normal person and he wants me to get fat again...because when I get knocked up I get as big as a house. I did or do want more kids,,,,but not sure what to do. I am so confused.

Sandra

255h,242s/174c/165g

Manatee,

I think you should go to a good department store....maybe Macys or Saks. I know these places are pricey....but the sales people can really help you put a wardrobe together. Get yourself a nice pair of jeans something trendy like Armani, or lucky brand just for hanging out on the weekends. I dont know what you do for a living but some of the higher end department stores have personal shoppers that you can make appointments w/ and they can help you put yourself together. I think your gonna look hot with some new style!!!!! Are you married??? I wish I could take you shopping...that is so my thing. I am great at shopping for people!!!!!

Sandra

I just got a huge amount of clothing at Kohls on sale... pants for under 5.00$ I spent about 200.00 and got a complete wardrobe.

Also... I finally made it to onderland!

Hello Amazing Bandsters!

I was out sick all last week (half of Monday). Had a viral infection. Boy, having a band when your sick really changes things. Sandra, this is the first time I experienced what you did. Not being able to even swallow a sip of Water. I guess that I started Pbing and it just rollercoastered from there. My band area must have gotten swollon and I ended up getting really dehydrated. The doctor had to give me a shot in the patootie. Well, I am better today..yippie, first day to have coffee in over a week.

I am swamped beyound belief here at work..so will read all the back posts that I missed. The one good thing I can say is that I didn't think I would loose the four pds for Jan..because of the cheese cake and icecream fiasco's..but I did it. I lost exactly my four pds that is so important to me. I can't wait to wgh in on Mrch first. I should finally be down into the 170's!

Talk to you guys more later when I start to feel caught up!

Blessings, Weazer!

Today I am wearing a size 12 pant and a medium shirt!!! So excited!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/173c/165g

I went for my 4th fill today--it was a super terrible experience. He could not get into my port--he stuck me at least 13 times and changed the needle 3 times because he said sometimes the scar tissue dulls the tip. He did not fill me--said either I have a lot of scar tissue covering it or it flipped!!! :) I have to go back on Monday to have it done under fluoro. Please please let it not be flipped--I so don't want to pay for MORE surgery! :mad::sad::cake: I've not had one issue with getting filled before--one or two pokes in and done. I literally cried driving home because it hurt so bad! And now I'm disappointed that I don't have a much needed fill. Waaaahhhhh!!!

Amy

Dear Amy,

I have had 5 fills. The last two have been difficult. But, I think it is the PA trying to do the draw/injection. She couldn't seem to hit it. Tried 3 to 4 times. The Doctor came in the room and had no problem doing it. He would do it straigth up and she was trying to put it in at a angle. So I really don't think your port is flipped. I think it is probably equal parts scar tissue and the person doing it. They usually don't want to try more than 2 times but I told them come on you can do it. I was really having to encourage them. They give me a numbing shot first so it really dosn't hurt.

I wouldn't worry too much about a flipped port. It just gives you gray hairs.

Blessings, Weazer

Well, after struggling with this fill for the past month, I've scheduled an unfill.

This is twice now I've had to back off of this level, so I think it's just going to have to stay a bit loose.

On the positive side, I'm down 14 lbs since Jan 10. However, the lack of sleep, the pain and the inability to eat has really worn me down.

Hi May 2007 Bandsters! I am so excited and hopeful to have found this forum. I have gone back and read the past messages of all the May bandsters and can so relate to much of the discussions. Of course I also got kind of bummed because my numbers are slightly lower than all of yours but I guess as long as they're going down that is all that matters. I put a call into the nurse today to go over some diet tips and things I need to cut out. I started eating somethings that maybe I shouldn't have, like nuts. Thinking almonds would be good Protein. Big mistake! Once I start on them forget it! I have been sticking to straight protein, no carbs but really wanted something crunchy. Well, I am hopeful that now having some support besides my closest friend & hubby I can walk together with you all.

Manatee - Wow, only 8 pds to go. I am so happy for you. I am considering having my band loosened too. Haven't decided for sure...but I am starting to get tired of struggling with food. I really needed it tight though to get this far.

Getting healthy- Welcome. So glad you found us. I am way behind on reading the last week of posts and can't wait to read them later in the week when I am caught up here at work. Where are you from..when did you have the surg...how much have you lost...how much of a fill..how many fills...see I am full of questions! I'm glad your here to walk with us. I welcome all the support I can get.

Blessings, Weazer

Well, might have waited a bit long on the unfill. I ended up at the ER last night after vomiting blood. We don't know yet if it's band related, or something else. I get to have a camera shoved down my throat tomorrow for a look-see. Fun.

Today, I'm eating ice cream and other mushies. To heck with weight loss today, I just need some calories.

The good thing is that the GI doc doesn't really think it's the band, and the Xrays last night looked OK, but neither are band experts. In any case I already had an unfill scheduled for Friday, and the band doc is supposed to get copies of the camera photos.

Mini, Thanks for the welcome. I am from New Lenox, Illinois. It is a suburb of Chicago. I had my surgery on May 21, 2007. I have had 3 fills. I feel like I am on the other side of a mountain finally. I should probably be part of the slow losers forum but I guess I am hoping that will change. It really feels great to have others who are walking the same direction. I turned 40 in November and really feel it is time to take my life back. I have 4 children and the youngest just started school so it feels good to make and take the time for myself. We moms can really put the guilt on when we focus on us. I have only lost 33 pounds. My high was 205. I am shooting to say goodbye to the 170's by the end of the month. With having this new tool (forum) I think I can do it. Thanks again for the welcome :biggrin: