Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I posted this on the excercise forum but I think I get as much help on our thread!

Struggling - How do you do it!?!?!

How do you all make exercise a part of your life?

Every day at work I say I am going to go home tonight pick the kids up and go to the gym. Every day I pick the kids up, feed them dinner and then lounge around the house. After the sun goes down a few days a week I go riding my bicycle around the neighborhood.

I am really struggling with making exercise a part of my day. My spouse is a work out fanatic but he can work out at work or on his way home occasionally and I cannot. I keep begging him to take me to the gym because I know if he were to go with me I would absolutley go. I should be able to do this on my own though and its aggrivating that I dont follow through.

Working out in the morning is NOT an option at all. I have two small children who cannot be left in bed sleeping and my spouse goes to work VERY early in the morning. And I have to pick up my children before heading to the gym.

How do you all do it?

Ragdoll,

It has been super hard.......my husband leaves at 4 a.m. so going to the gym in the morning is impossilbe. He gets out of work after 5 pm...but doesnt get home till after 6 or even around seven. So I am left w/ picking up the kids from day care. First does your gym have a day care???? That works for some people...but for me no....my gym is too far from where my kids are. So this is what I do.....I get home and I change in to my work out clothes and put on my sneakers...that motivates me and I am ready to get it done. I always have dinner planned out so I know exactly what I am goona cook instead of standing in front of the fridge taking time to figure it out. LOL!! When every one is eating and by that time my husband is home I head out. Either I go walk 3 miles or I go ride my bike for an hour....or I head to the gym. I give my self one hour. I do this 4 times a week. The results have been great but it is a BIG sacrifice. How old are you kids??? I take them w/ me if I go walk or ride my bike....still give me time w/ them.

Sandra

255h/242s/200c/165g

Lizrbit,

I am not sure why you would only have lost 10 lbs. That would drive me crazy. Now, why did you have the revision? How many fills have you had? What does your Doc say? How much weight did you lose initially the first time you got banded?

Sandra, I'll bet that was a pretty site (the scale saying 200 lbs)! I am happy for you. Hopefully by next Monday, mine will say the same. I want onederland so bad! I just called the doc for my next fill. So Sept 6th I will have my third fill. I would like about another 1/2 cc to bring me up to 2 1/2 cc. I think I am doing pretty good, but, I can eat a giant steak if I want. But, it is funny, I can eat it one day, but the next if I try to eat a big steak I PB. So yes, somedays I can eat something, then the next day the band won't let me. Strange.

Blessings girlfriends,

Weazer

I keep thinking I need a fill....since I only got a little one the first and only time!!! I guess I dont if I keep loosing.....right??? I got sick for lunch so I skipped dinner and had a Protein Shake, this morning I tried eggs and got sick, for lunch Beans got sick. What the HECK is going on here. Do you think I irrated my stomach????? I am worried now....three meals gone.

Weazer...thanks and you right it feels great but almost not real. Like a dream that those numbers are actually on my scale!!! LOL

Sandra

255h/242s/200c/165g

Sandra,

If youre able to drink fluids okay I dont think I would be overly concerned about it yet. If it continues tomorrow I would call my surgeon just to be sure though. I would say you dont need a fill as long as you continue to lose. Thats what I am going to go with anyway. My scale quit being nice to me the last couple of days... hence the feelings of guilt over excercise I guess. People who dont know I got a lap band are coming up to me and noticing my weight loss now which is really nice.

I am the same way with my band. Some days I can eat bread some I cant. Some days I can eat steak fine, others no way. My band has mood swings I think :mad:

Sandra ..

I've heard that once this starts happening to go back on liquids for a day. That should give your stomach time to settle down. Sometimes the PB'ing can irritate it.. sometimes causing swelling, which in turn will cause more PB'ing .... its a cycle. If you try liquids for a day that should do the trick.

I just called my doc and he said I irritated it so liquids and cold for 24 hours. I will do that....I hate vomiting. I am sure that I will be in ONE-DER-LAND in the next couple of days with a liquid diet.< /p>

Melissa,

Heard anything from the interview???

Sandra

255h/242s/200c/165g

Hello all!

Glad to see folks are doing well. My weight loss is going fantastic and I have yet to get a fill (by choice). However, I'm wondering about how many calories you all are eating daily?

I'm trying to determine a good amount.. I'm full at about 1000, however at that level I have less energy for my workouts (I bike 7 miles daily and hike on weekends) and I've noticed that my weight loss tends to stall out when I'm consistently eating 1000 calories. But when I up it to 1200 or so, the weight starts falling off. Just wanted to see where my fellow bandsters are.

Also, do any of you have random port pain? My port site has been hurting today and I'm trying to determine if it's normal or if I should make an appointment to go see my Doc.

Thanks,

MaryumC

weight.png

I forgot to share my NSV's! First, I had to take a flight last week, which I hated in the past because I had to use these embarrassing seat belt extenders. Well guess what? This time I didn't need an extender AND I had extra room in the belt. You would have thought I won the lottery to see the look on my face!

And my second non-scale victory is that I've realized I'm only 8 pounds away from my license being correct! That's a big deal for those of us who consistenly lie about how much they weigh on their driver's license...

MaryumC

Great Job Maryum!!!! You have lost so much......Wow! Now I need to ask about the fill. I wanted to try not to have one but I have stopped losing weight the last 2 weeks (almost 3) so I scheduled my first fill on Thursday.

I really didn't want one but I do not want to backslide. I have always had a problem with Portion Control and it is starting again. I do not want to gain and I can see now that it could happen very easily.

Anyway....nice job!

Just out of curiousity, why would you get a lap band but not "want" a fill? I think I am missing something. Is that like getting a car but refusing to put gas in it after the free tank is gone?

Is getting fills bad???

I just liked the fact that it was part me and part band. I also read about all of the nasty pb'ing etc. and did not want partake !!! LOL

I guess that I had the best of both worlds....I was losing and could still have a slice of pizza with the family or a salad etc. I have not told anyone about the band and did not want to have to make excuses for what I could not eat.

But now that a cup of food is not cutting it and I get very hungry in between meals.....its time for a fill.

I know exactly what you mean about not wanting a fill.....it sounds crazy!!!!

I admit it!;)

Sandra-

I'm taking my own advice and going on liquids for at least 24 hours. Your vibes must be coming my way!!! It started yesterday around lunchtime when I couldnt get much down... then last night during dinner something got stuck and I slimmed and PB'd for hours then it turned into vomiting... finally I got a cup of SF Decaf international coffee and it eased everything thru. OMG.. I felt awful. I dont know if its TOM or just delayed restriction...

Anyhow.. are you feeling better today?

Metal-

And here I am wishing I couldnt eat that slice of pizza so I could lose more! No really even with my fills I find I can pretty much eat anything I want, I just eat less and chew it well. I did have pizza this weekend but it was only one piece instead of the 3 or 4 I would have had before.

Good luck! I dont know how you can keep it a secret from people, I wouldve been terrible at that! Kudos to you!