Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hi everyone!

It seems mostly everyone is feeling ok. That's good. I don't feel as good today as I did yesterday. I am 3 days post-op. I did go see the dr. today for follow-up. I have lost 7 lbs. That's very exciting!!! I am still on Clear Liquids until Monday, then I go on full liquids. I really haven't been that hungry, which is good. I was lucky to have family come and help. They made meals for the dh and kids for the next week. I can't tell you how great that is!

I truly enjoy reading all the posts and seeing all the updates.

Way to go A-May-zing Bansters!!

Here I am!! My surgery was delayed a little yesterday and so they didnt get started until after 5:30. I was home by 8:30 which is awesome because the hospital was an hour away from my house. I feel mostly okay today. My upper back is so achey, I am assuming this is from gas pain which hasnt been bad at all yet. My tummy is really swollen today and it hurts where my port is to roll over or get up or down. So mostly I feel much better than I expected I would! I am very tired. Walking across the house wears me out. I am not able to drink much yet. I ate half of a popsicle and was full. sleeping is horrible, I wish I had a recliner!! I did not have any protien today, it is all I can do to sip some gatorade and Water. good luck to those still waiting for surgery!!

GGGRRRRR .....

The full liquid diet is getting old... My fiance had a pizza party at work today... I asked him to bring a slice home for me so I could just lick it.

.... jeezz... I'm SO wrong! HAHA!!

MelissaO.. Im there on the pizza thing. & days post op and I make thin crisp pizza for the kids the other night, took off the pepperoni and crewed the crust for texture and taste and spit it out.

Pizza is the one thing I LOVE to eat. Not anymore....

haha..thanks.. glad I'm not alone on that one!

.... Has anyone used Mederma on their scars... or do you plan to?

melissa - I heard you can put vit. E on them too. I'm using all my old gel caps that I can't take anymore on my scars as soon as the steri strips come off. the first one came off today. My post-op is tomorrow so maybe he will pull them off to check them out.

Eljmom - I totally think the chew and Spit thing is a good idea. I did it with a bite of hamburger pre-op. It totally tricked my brain into thinking it was eating. I think I would be scared to do it now though until I am on solids, in case a piece slipped down my throat.

Mpatrizzi - I think a lot of people feel worse on day 2 & 3. Hang in there because it does get better. I am on day 7 and I still have to rest a bit.

I still feel my port side if I twist or bend to far. I think there is still some swelling on my stomach. Wearing anything tight or high on the waist is not tolerable yet. I'm wondering when that tenderness goes away.

I am so hungry and I am only day 3!!! My DH made the kids pancakes for supper (not much of a cook) and they smell unbelievable!!! I never knew pancakes even had a smell. With my track record, I am probably gaining weight just sniffing them!!! GRRRR

I am bored, in pain and hungry but other than that I am happy to be banded!!!!

Thanks for letting me gripe!

Thanks.......I need all the help I can get. You are right on, I have not drank as much today as I am supposed to! I will give it a try!:(

i posted this on the may 07 bandsters as well too tired to retype it all:::

Talk about an experinece. i arrived at the hospital on Tuesday morning the 22nd at 5:38am. Therewere 6 p3ople aheadd of me then. Well, the doctors first three suegeries were Gastric Bypasses and took the doctor much longer to do than he had planned for. So by 6:00 pm I am still waiting. I loose my patience then and ask for a valium to calm myself down and then had them put something in my IV for my stomach acids were starting to act upand bothering my esophagus.

well I finally was goven my heparin shot on the 22nd at 8:15 pm, brought back to the anesthesia room by 8:45. By 9:45 I had been spoken to by the anesthesioloogst about what was going to happen. THEN - A

DOCTOR CAME RUNNING IN SAYING HE HAD TO PERFORM AN EMERGENCY SURGERY ON ANOTHER PATIENT - NOT A BARIATRIC PATIENT THOUGHT THAT WAS LIFE THREATENING.

So afther this long I was needlless to say, ver frustrated. So - Dr Srikanth came in and felt horrible that we had to postpone my surgery, so they "put me up in the recovery room I would have been in any how, fed me gave me apple juice and Jello and broth untill midnight. Thebest part thoug is tat my band partner whom I had met a few times before was reeled into mu room.

The rescheduled me for YESTERDAY morning so the doctor bumped his GBP's and did mine first so i was taken back up to anesthesia around 6:30 am and was back in my room by 9:30ish. I ended up stayng the night again and got home around 12:0 ish today. I slept - went for a walk outside and have just enough energy to let you all know there was a reason I did not post until now. No major pain of any kind yet. Stayinmg prrettu drugged up and waling lot. No gas pains yet either.

This has postponed my return to work but that is all.

How bout themm apples fom Washingtom State..

Surgery went beautifully! Barim drink afterward showed everthjing in place looking great!!

http://www.LapBandTalk.com/images/smilies/clap2.gif

Wenjea-

I am 5ft 5. You are way taller! I am just so happy to see my BMI going down.

I have about about half of my steri strips. The incisions look interesting. The only other incisions I have had I could not see (c-sections) for obvious reasons. I will do Vitamin E soon.

I totally know what you guys are talking about with the food. I liked the serving spoon from baked Beans when I made my family dinner tonight. Yummy! I did buy the Soup at hand- velvety potato and blended it today. YUMMY! It was a treat. I was contemplating sherbert. It is fat free?????????? High in sugar though.

Dairy can cause Diarrhea....

Mine stopped about a week after I was banded, which was about when I was able to introduce scrambled eggs and not on just complete liquids anymore. Boy was I glad it finally ended!

Cindy

I arrived in Tijuana today to have my lab work done. I am going Obesity Control Center and have the surgery done by Dr. Ortiz and Martinez. They were very professional. I met with the cardiologist for an EKG, the nutritionist, and the nurse for bloodwork. I was there for 2 hours and met a few people who had it done recently. They were all very happy and pleased and feeling well. That made me feel great. Anyway, I will post after I am banded - can't wait!!!

Howdy fellow May Bandsters !!!

I was banded on the 18th, still sore and on clear liquids. Tomorrow... Yippee ! Full Liquids.... a step up !

I live near San Antonio, Texas... anyone else from that neck of the woods?

Best to all,

lauralee (workshop78009)

242/230/130

Also QUIT SMOKING... woohoooooooo !!!

Good luck tomorrow, May 25 group! You will do well. Hang in there it is almost the beginning of your new life.

10 days out and when my weight loss held at 9 lbs for 3 days - sticking to the diet, I started getting mad - then I realize - it won't keep falling off like the first week forever! Imagine getting spoiled so fast. Plus, I'm still a bit emotional ever since the surgery.

Feeling lots better but tired! and tired of Protein Drinks. Thinking of trying the whey bullets.