Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

I am so hungry and I am only day 3!!! My DH made the kids pancakes for supper (not much of a cook) and they smell unbelievable!!! I never knew pancakes even had a smell. With my track record, I am probably gaining weight just sniffing them!!! GRRRR

I am bored, in pain and hungry but other than that I am happy to be banded!!!!

Thanks for letting me gripe!

Ok...the pancake thing nearly made me go over the edge there.:faint: I LOVE pancakes. I am starving! Does that mean I have not been drinking enough or am ready to eat or rather drink something more filling? I soooo want to drink my Protein Shakes again. :)

So, how are you doing other than what you posted? I got home from TJ last night and had an awesome time! It was so great! We were treated so well. I am soo hungry and my port hurts alot...meaning really sore, but sometimes it stings. :omg: Other than that, I am doing alright.

Good to see you posting already. Take care and keep in touch. :)

Peace,

Judy

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who is hungry. My husband is really upset. He swears the dr said at the seminar that hunger would go away. I have blown it today. I have been so depressed. My body just does not work. You either don't eat and lose a little, or eat one single thing and the weight loss stops. I have not lost anything this week since I have added foods. I am counting calories and until today I was averaging 650 a day. I am hopeful that once I get a fill this will get better. However, that is still over 3 weeks away!!!

HEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!

HAHA... yeah, I was still trying to tell people I had baby fat to lose.... and my daughter just turned 12 in March!!! HAHA!

Same for me, but the darn baby keeps getting bigger...LOL I can't tell you how many times in the past 2 years when I saw the scale moving up and up I wished I were prego again!

Melissa: You went bathing suit shopping :faint: Oh Nooooo! Girl, lets go get a pedicure/massage. You need to be pampered. But I agree with the other gal, keep the suits that you like but give yourself some time. Hey, Sarah Jessica Parker just came out with a new clothing line called: Bitten in sizes 2-22 and all under 14.95! The clothes will be out on June 7th -- com'on let go shopping -- by then my swelling tummy will be down.

Wenjea: Thanks for the pat on the back :biggrin1: I will be seeing the kids this afternoon -- a hug makes me 100% better. Something healing in a childs hug. After the holiday I'm gonna ask to bring the children home.

Mischievous1: Thanks for the warm thoughts. ..... That line about pregnancy had me rolling on the floor! You're such a clever girl!

When I get up in the morning my band is tight, but I am very thirsty. So I either have gatorade or coffee but my shakes begin at 11 or 12. So, since I am feeling rather good, I will take my own advice and go get a sporty pedicure. I will paint my toes a summer color and ask for an extra leg massage. A week ago I wasn't ready to venture out, but today is the day. Bye, now!

Enjoy your pampering, you DESERVE it! Have a good holiday weekend.

HEllo all!

I'm 10 days post surgery and I still haven't been able to tolerate any mushies. Anyone else feel the same? I can do liquids, yogurt and Jello - but other than that only Soups work. Anthing else (even very thin mashed potatoes eaten so slow they got cold) feels like it's sitting in my chest.

I'm also having acid reflux pain and I feel like I already have restriction. I keep thinking I should be further than this because all of you are so well heeled and getting around. Maybe I'm just a slow recovery...

MaryumC

weight.png

MaryumC - you have had a lot of weight loss already, way to go! I am 8 days out and tried pudding and yogurt and both were a little painful. It might be you have more swelling then some, a smaller band, etc. Don't push it, my doc says it takes one month for your stomach to completly heal. Stick with what works for a while.

Hi all. I'm enjoying reading your posts. thanks for all the good info.

MaryumC,

I've been having problems with mushies transition too. I'm 16 days post op and feel i like everything is going to come right back up on me. (my dr requires liquids for first 14days). I think i figured out part of my problem though is the chewable Vitamin C tablets i just added to my daily mix. So i'm stopping those for now and still taking all my others...multivitamin, liquid b, zinc, and calcium.....jeez.

well good luck.

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one who is hungry. My husband is really upset. He swears the dr said at the seminar that hunger would go away. I have blown it today. I have been so depressed. My body just does not work. You either don't eat and lose a little, or eat one single thing and the weight loss stops. I have not lost anything this week since I have added foods. I am counting calories and until today I was averaging 650 a day. I am hopeful that once I get a fill this will get better. However, that is still over 3 weeks away!!!

HEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!

You get hungry with the band but you should feel satisfied for several hours after a small meal. Ginger--650 calories is NOT enough, no wonder you're hungry. I am eating 1000 to 1200 a day. If you dont eat enough calories your body will go into survival mode and slow your metabolism....you should be steadily losing 1 to 2 lbs a week once you up your calories and of course you should eat low fat, high protien food first. That, with exercise to get the heart rate up 30 min a day should help with the hunger and depression....The weight IS going to come off-slowly but surely. (dont compare your wieght lose to others-everyone is different. I lose slowly also) And I would stay away from the scale--it doesnt tell the whole story of whats going on in your body!

Ok...the pancake thing nearly made me go over the edge there.:faint: I LOVE pancakes. I am starving! Does that mean I have not been drinking enough or am ready to eat or rather drink something more filling? I soooo want to drink my Protein Shakes again. :)

So, how are you doing other than what you posted? I got home from TJ last night and had an awesome time! It was so great! We were treated so well. I am soo hungry and my port hurts alot...meaning really sore, but sometimes it stings. :omg: Other than that, I am doing alright.

Good to see you posting already. Take care and keep in touch. :)

Peace,

Judy

Good to hear from you, I am glad you had a good time and are feeling well! I stopped the pain meds a couple of days ago so yesterday I was a little uncomfortable. I am hungry but am trying to control it. I know it will get better.I just cannot wait to get back to myself!!!!

Good Luck Bandmate!

Maureen

I had my surgery Wed night and am feeling a whole lot better this morning. My abdomen is so full of gas though it is making breathing uncomfortable. I did the whole pillow under my tummy thing which hurts my port. I just now took some gas-x because I think I am getting to the point that will actually do some good. How much should I be able to drink now? I feel like I have a few sips of anything and I am stuffed. The only thing I have had in the last 3 days is a small amount of Water and gatorade. I was going to try some protien drink today but I just dont know how much I will actually be able to drink?

You get hungry with the band but you should feel satisfied for several hours after a small meal. Ginger--650 calories is NOT enough, no wonder you're hungry. I am eating 1000 to 1200 a day. If you dont eat enough calories your body will go into survival mode and slow your metabolism....you should be steadily losing 1 to 2 lbs a week once you up your calories and of course you should eat low fat, high protien food first. That, with exercise to get the heart rate up 30 min a day should help with the hunger and depression....The weight IS going to come off-slowly but surely. (dont compare your wieght lose to others-everyone is different. I lose slowly also) And I would stay away from the scale--it doesnt tell the whole story of whats going on in your body!

I so agree with you. If I could give any advise myself it would be don't be afraid of the hunger. You'll still have that. The idea is that you have a smaller container now to hold the food. Like mommalee says, you have to heal and start on the road to better and less eating. Also, like mommalee said you have to make what you eat worth while - high protien, low fat, etc.

I hope we helped.

Laurie

weight.png

I had surgery on Tuesday, May 22. I am four days post op and actually feeling ok....a little tired and still gassy...but besides that I am okay. I am not hungry at all. Weird huh??? I have been having sips of Water all day and a can of chicken broth a day. Takes me all day to drink it but I do. I also have a popscyle. I feel stuffed all the time though. I am down 7 pounds. I thought the surgery would be worse.....but it wasnt as bad as I thought.

Sandra

Dr. Spivak

Houston, Texas

Surgery 242

Now 235

Goal 160

Hi All!

I had my surgery on the 22nd... four days ago! I had my surgery in Mexico, Dr de La Garza, and it was a great! I am not all that hungry, and I feel gassy but good... a little sore, no sore throat, no reflux.

Yippee!

235 day of surgery

232 today

140 Goal... will it really come??

Good Luck everyone!

I just love this site!! It's just such a positive place. It's also nice to know there's someplace to go and vent if needed, and someone will understand! It's also great for sympathy, advice and just plain entertaining. You guys are great, thanks!

Cindy

ragdoll - My doc wants us to have 90 gr. of Protein in shakes plus 64 oz of Water per day. You pretty much have to be drinking every five minutes to get it all down. My water bottle is with me more then my cell phone! I pretty much live in the bathroom now.