Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Hey, what do you al eat for Breakfast? I am having a hard time with it. Do you just do a shake, or a Protein Bar? I don't have the problem of being too tight in the morning like I have hear some talk about. I am just bored. Also the scales have not moved in over a week. I know that it is all my fault. I have been snacking and not exercising. I am trying to cut myself some slack, packing to move and the job change has been a little stressful. So I am telling myself that "after I move I will get back on the wagon, and tow the line". Kinda remindes me of that old voice I used to hear when I was dieting and trying to lose, "I can alway start over tomorrow" and tomorrow never came and that is why I am in the shape I am in now.

I need a swif kick in the pants.

Laura

Macsgranny - Yes I was just thinking the same thing - it is so much better to eat to live. How great that the focus is not on food anymore. I love that I am learning to deal with all the emotions that used to drive me to bindge on sweets. I think this is how a healthy person handles stress..just deal with it and move on! Notice how the stress's and emotions always go away or get better...but the fat doesn't!

Sandra - Boy your boy must have scared the pooey out of you! So thankful it sounds like he will be o.k.

Laura P - congrads, I can't wait to have a grandbaby to love one. None coming in the forseeable future though! I like to mix up breakfasts. Like Maple oatmeal one day, yogert and granola w/fruit the next day. Maybe a shake the next. Works really good for me.

Cindy - My kids say my grandkids will be calling me the scotish name for gramma "Mamu" when they are born. Unfortunatly it sounds a bit too much like Shamu to me (the whale) but, whatever makes them happy.

Tom - Don't worry about missing out on the supermodle life. They have a wild and crazy lifestyle .... I am sure you would just hate it! Walking is more than I am doing right now. Bad knees suck! I see alot of that around here and owwieee, I can tell it hurts. Try and get yourself motivated with the weights (at home). They will make a terrific difference in shaping your body.

Ragdoll! - Wow, really you have made tremendous progress. From 260 something to 218...hello! That's great! Just keep plugging away. That is what I am going to do. I just realized yesterday that I am 10 pds shy of my halfway mark. I think that is a great accomplishment.

We can do it!

Blessings!

Laura - I don't know how your restriction is but I like to eat those Curves snack bars that have 100 calories. They aren't bad for you, the chocolate Peanut Butter ones taste like a regular granola bar. I would have had to eat 5 of them pre band to be full but they are perfect now. Sometimes I eat some yogurt or oatmeal with it too. Dont wait till things settle down to get back on the wagon. Do it NOW for YOU! Think of how far you have come already... why delay getting to goal. Can you imagine how good we are going to look and feel by then. You can do it! No more excuses Missy... make the time to do some kind of work out!

mini- You are right I am extremely proud of how far I have already come and I know slowly I will get there!

Sandra-I hope your son is okay, please keep us informed.

Laura-Congrats.....your going to be a grandma!Yipee!

Mellisa-you are going to be a beautiful bride....the dress size does not matter!

Tom- I have not complained about the TOM (time of month) ever since you put me in my place and I knew there was a male on here....I am sure you do not want to hear about every little cramp!!!!

Mini and Cindy- you are both such good cheerleaders, keep it up I love to read your replies!

Now for my NSV- I went to a meeting the other night with some people from my industry that I have not seen in a while. The first 3 people that I spoke to said "wow, you look great!" They all noticed the weight loss! I was so confident after that...its amazing how uplifting that is....

Mini, I like that, Mamu, I'll have to remember that. I'm scottish, my great grandmother came over from Scotland, but we called her Grammy Shep, and her daughter (my grandmother), we called grammy. Although like you mentioned, I don't want to be compared to a whale (shamu)!!

Too funny

Cindy

Thanks everyone!!

I've decided to wait on the fill.. I had a major slime situation today after work.. I came home and grabbed a quick snack after work and before going to my daughter's field hockey game. SO.. apparently I still have restriction...just the weight isnt going anywhere.

I went to Goodwill today and got some cute size 16 pants and skirts. Some of the pants wont fit yet but soon :) I also got a few size LARGE shirts. And when I got to the counter the lady said "Hey lets have a sale on Women's clothing and give you 25% off!" Woo hoo! I think I got 6 or 7 outfits for $29 with tax!

Laura - I don't know how your restriction is but I like to eat those Curves snack bars that have 100 calories. They aren't bad for you, the chocolate Peanut Butter ones taste like a regular granola bar. I would have had to eat 5 of them pre band to be full but they are perfect now. Sometimes I eat some yogurt or oatmeal with it too. Dont wait till things settle down to get back on the wagon. Do it NOW for YOU! Think of how far you have come already... why delay getting to goal. Can you imagine how good we are going to look and feel by then. You can do it! No more excuses Missy... make the time to do some kind of work out!

THANK YOU Ragdoll!!!!!! :)

Has anyone else noticed that they are observing other's eating habits more closely now after being banded?

I've noticed how much people eat and how quickly they eat... I eat lunch with 2 morbidly obese people. One guy I've known for 9 years or so and has always been very large. His health is awful (high BP, high cholesterol and diabetes among everything else). Yesterday I watched as he ate a huge pepperoni and sausage calzone AND a large bowl of Soup. He worries me because for as long as I've known him his health has been bad...and seeing him eat this way for so long makes me worry that he will only get worse. Everyday he has to hunt all over the floor for a chair he can sit in that will not hurt his legs. Another women I sit with eats horrible and is also big...everyday as she's eating she says "now I know I shouldnt eat this".. and I wonder..... Then why do you eat it?

I'm really trying not to criticize their habits... but it really makes me wonder why they do not take measures to improve their health..

It's funny you should mention that, Melissa. Just the other night as I was watching the Top Chef finale, I noticed the size of bite the judges were taking. :-) Tom Colicchio put almost an entire scallop in his mouth and all I could think was, "Be careful!!!".

My husband eats very fast, too. In the time it takes me to eat a tiny salad and bunless turkey breast burger he can polish off the burger, a huge salad and a bowl of beans! In fact, he usually finishes first! lol

BTW, I have been reading here regularly, but I feel so behind that I daren't post because I'm sure I'd leave someone out. I do have to say {{{Sandra and her son/family}}}.

I have to brag on something while I'm here. I go to a Contours Express gym where I entered a contest with a partner (the owner set us up-we had never met). It was nationwide and broken into 3 regions and they just added up how many pounds and inches you and your partner lost in a 7 week period. I lost 17 pounds and 9.75 inches during the contest and my partner lost almost exactly the same. Well...WE WON!!! We each got a $250 VISA, but I was happy with just the pounds and inches! /bragging

Congrats legster!

Legster

Congratulations. That's a real feel good! Not to mention a little extra cash to maybe buy something in a smaller size!

Cindy

I need your help! Someone out there please reply! If you have good restriction, how much can you eat? How much sliming is normal? I can only eat once a day and eat about 5 bites and I am throwing up the rest of the day. I have already had part of my last fill removed, but this is insane. I can't tell if I just miss food or I am too tight. The scale has not moved in almost 2 weeks. I think my body thinks I am starving it?

HELP!

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply!

Ginger, I'm pretty sure you need an unfill or to see the Doctor. Please just call them in the morning and tell them what you told us. Let us know what happens!