Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2007 Banders

Thank you Sandra..you're right. Its something you never get over.

Your fill sounds painful! I feel so bad for you!!!!!

Sandra...

where is your port? in the middle of your stomach? Mine is on the left (under my boob) between the ribs and waist. Doc gets it 1st time every time. Sound miserable to be poked & prodded so much. Does your doc numb you first?

Sue

56 PDS GONE AND ONLY 34 MORE PDS TO GO TO REACH GOAL!!! that is wonderful! You are doing fantastic and you've just had your second fill. I've had 4 and am not as far as you are in this weight loss journey. So, you are right on track. Your doing fantastic! Just be careful eating now. I did fine at lunch yesterday. had some Soup and mashed potatoes. But when I got home..I ate some more mashed pot and some cheese, I did o.k. But, later that night I tried to take my half a pill that I take everyday and I pb'd it. I guess I took to big a gulp of Water. It was painful. This morning I am drinking a Protein Shake and The first sip felt like swallowing a marble. I am taking tiny sips...my throat is doing the squeeky bubbly thing real loud. I have decided I sound just like Chubaka, that big hairy guy from Star Wars. Goodness, I hope this dosn't keep up. I may have to eat all alone all the time.

Blessings and keep up the good work. You inspire me.

Sue, My port is smack in the middle of my body.......right under my ribs. So they have to press down on my ribs now to get to my port. I think its because my ribs are sticking out now. It hurts sooooo bad though....feels like my ribs are going to break. I think I avoided a fill for a long time because of that.

Mini,

Thank you....sometimes I feel that I am just going sooooo slow. Then I look at the numbers and months since I was banded and I feel that things are coming along as they should. I have a lot of restriction.....I had trouble drinking milk last night. I am down to 187 this morning so it makes it all worth it. I just thank God that I am not hungry. You have lost 36 lbs...and are also doing awesome!!!! Keep up the good work! I am hoping to be at goal at least by May of 2008.

Sandra

255h/242s/187c/165g???

Sandra, so your port is smack in the middle, like right above your belly button? Mine is about 4 inches under the rib on my left side. To be honest the PA has been trying to do my injections without the surgeon around but has never been able to hit it. She got really frusterated this time when she couldn't hit it. We waited a bit for the doc to come do it, but I encouraged her to try again. She finally hit it. The pain shot she gave me first in that area made all the difference. I couldn't feel a thing and she was so happy to have made it.

I hope to make goal by May too! In fact I am determined! We can do this. We just have to be really long term focused. Sure we will have our moments of giving in to temptaion, but we are gonna get back on track and reach our goals. By the way, I am wearing a brand new pair of black jeans size 16 that I bought at Ross for 15.99 They are swimming on me. I wish I had bought the 14's. My legs are skinny and I don't like pants that are real loose in the thighs. About that restriction. Like I've said in the past. My daughter has great restriction and has lost 150 lbs on only one fill. We are all different. I am having trouble with liquids right now too. I will give it a couple of weeks to see if it loosens up a bit. Ususally, it seems to tighten up even more after 2 weeks.

Blessings,

We are getting there! Whoo Hoo!

P.S. I need to figure out a way to change my user name. I was in a hurry when I was signing up and couldn't think of a thing to use..and just typed in mini real quick. I will change it as I just can't relate to being called mini!

Blessings,

Weazer

Mini.....yep....above my belly button.....just way up at the top right under my bra. The prick of the needle isnt sooo bad its that my ribs are in the way now and they have to press down real hard on them. Hell they even made me cry....to be honest I have a high tolerance for pain. We all want to be skinny yesterday...we forget it takes time. I would love to be a goal by my one year anniversary, but if I am not I will just keep trying. I am sooooo much healthier and happier about myself now I wouldnt change a thing.

Now off the subject................has anyone ever tried Spanx? ?? I bought a new outfit yesterday...size 14.....it was very clingy to my lumps and bumps. The sales girl suggested the shorts that go all the way to you bra. It's a miracle girdle.....doesnt hurt, doesnt ride up or down. I can bearly feel that I have it on. I look all trim and lump, and bump free...made a world of difference on thos love handles.!! Just FYI!!!

Sandra

255h/242s/187c/165g???

I have worn the spanx...they are the best cheat around! Everyone is doing so well....we should be proud! I am of the generation where it was wrong to be anything but humble and giving..hard to me to muster up a feeling of self accomplishment but darn it....I am working at it!!

macysgranny,

Then I'll muster up the self confidence for you! Oh my gosh, look how good your doing! You are in onederland! 62 pds gone! whoo hoo! How great do you feel?

Sandra, That sounds like a tuff spot for your port. hmmm, wonder why they put it there. Maybe after the pain you have to go through getting a fill, they will learn to do it in another spot to future bandits!

Now about the spanx.....where do I buy one, I think they would be great under dresses!

Weazer

Macysgranny!!! You are doing great girl!!!! Keep it up!!!! You go girl!!!

Mini,

Spanx....you can get them at Lane Bryant. They even have them on QVC. They have all different kinds....so for I have the ones that are shorts and go up to your bra....they work great for anything. Try them!!

Sandra

255h/242s/187c/165g??

Hi All, I need some advise, I have 1.6 cc in a 4cc band and can still eat way too much. can anyone of yo give me some advise on how much they put in a 4 cc band. When I had a fill a month ago I was restricted and pb but now I can eat anything except soft bread. HELP. I'm gaining now instead of loosing. I have joined a gym and that is helping along with walking treadmill for 30 min a day. But I'm lost somewhere in NO SWEET SPOT LAND. Sheial

Sheila,

I have had 4 fills and have 2.75 cc's in it now. Sounds like they need to get a bit more aggesive with your fills. But, be prepared. You will have to be much more careful about eating smaller bites and eating softer food...chewing very carefully. You might ask them to get you up to 2.25 or 2.50 I could eat soft bread right up until this fill so we are all different. Although I did get to eat a whole roll that I tore up in tiny peices and threw in my bowl of bean Soup for lunch. That way it is soft enoug and goes down and tastes delicious.

Keep up the good work, really you are doing great at 33 pds. How tall are you. I see your goal is 119. I am 5'5 1/2 and would dissapear at 119.

Weazer

Hi Macygranny, I just found your reply I will send pm but i'm dence or something whats a pm? I appreciate your reply thanks, Sheila