Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were is all my Chattanoogians at?

Yay for you! If you are losing fat mass then you are gaining muscle which weighs more than fat. You are losing those inches which is awesome!

Sounds like you are doing it right! Can't always go my the number on the scale. The important thing is that your weight loss was FAT weight loss- you didn't lose vital muscle mass, tissue, liquids, etc. That's a good way to lose. You're clothes are fitting better- you are building muscle mass-that burns more fat. It's great!

Thanks, SlimNTn! I ended up having an unfill today. I went two days of vomiting, not drinking anything. He called me some phenegran suppositories, and had me eat ice chips. I couldn't even keep those down. I went in and had half of what was added Tues. taken out. He said the other option was to remove it all, and let it heal. I'm terrified to do that. On my way home- I threw up everybit of the Water they gave me to test it out. I actually found myself sitting on the floor of a public bathroom. I wanted to lay on it- but even I have my limits! I hope to keep from vomiting long enough to get the irritaion out of my stomach. My bosses seem to think that any health issues are behavior issues, and are mad at me.

On a lighter note- if you find yourself throwing up your own spit, squirt some lemon in your mouth. It doesn't cut through anything, but you throw up lemon Merrangue. (Foamy spit with/lemon). That's ok- doc didn't think it was that funny, either. He did,however, think it was hilarious that I have 4 pack abs! (My last two abs are hidden in the area that I call the "front butt)

On a lighter note- if you find yourself throwing up your own spit, squirt some lemon in your mouth. It doesn't cut through anything, but you throw up lemon Merrangue. (Foamy spit with/lemon). That's ok- doc didn't think it was that funny, either. He did,however, think it was hilarious that I have 4 pack abs! (My last two abs are hidden in the area that I call the "front butt)

I laughed at the lemon merrangue joke and the 4 pack abs. You are funny! I am glad that they took some out, but if you are still throwing up, you make sure to take it easy. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Don't let yourself get dehydrated. I also work for a company that thinks health issues are behavior issues. We aren't supposed to get sick. Oh well, such is the way of life now. Get better soon!

It sounds like you need some more Fluid taken out. I have been too tight as well so I know how terrible it is. We aren't supposed to get sick at my job either and I work in a doctors office!

Punkster-you are most welcome.

Pam-How are you? Has the vomiting stopped?

I'm in hell! I am trying to say only positive things- but since you ask!! I'm caught in a cycle of vomiting/irritated stomach/vomiting. I threw up so hard last night that it came out every orfice except my ears. If I'm not better by Monday, after a weekend of only ice chips- I'll have all of the Fluid taken out until it has time to heal. On a lighter note- 14 lbs lost in 4 days. I'm not going to count it though- because it was 14 lbs of fluids, life force, sanity, etc. I'm sure some of that will come back after I keep down a cup of Water. Probably not the sanity-wasn't much of that to begin with.

Pam-at this point, I don't think you have any choice but to have all of the Fluid removed. Fourteen pounds in 4 days is awful. I am so sorry that you are still feeling bad. If you are only able to have ice chips, I hope that you are staying hydrated enough. I seriously doubt it though. Don't try to tough it out. If you have to, go to the ER. Keep me posted.

UPDATE: I had all of the Fluid removed today :thumbup:; but I am feeling so much better. I reached my high goal weight today- but I don't think I can count that!! Dr. Sass was great, and came in on his day off (Sunday!!) to remove it. It had to be done- I was vomiting in my sleep. Stomach should be better in a week or so and I can have it put back in. Thanks for the support, and listening to me whine for a week!! Pam

You will feel much better in a few days. I am going for a fill tomorrow, wish me luck; my last 2 have been too tight.

I'm glad that you were able to get some relief. I hope your stomach settles soon. I am so sorry that you have had to suffer for so long though.

They are supposed to call me today to schedule a fill. I haven't decided if I really want to do that. I bought a notebook today to start writing down when I am eating and when I get hungry again. I am trying to figure out if I really need a fill, or if I am just not being satisfied with my weight loss. I have times that I feel restriction and others that I feel like I could eat a horse.

Good luck on your fill Carrie!

Thanks!

It can sometimes be hard to know if you need a fill. If you are not eating much and don't get hungry for 4 or 5 hours, you probably don't need one. But if you are like me, I have a lot of restriction in the mornings, but very little at night. So that makes it harder. I am going to tell Brooke that I just want a small fill. I don't think I need much.

That's just it. I can eat most mornings. By the afternoon, I am ravenous. I can eat a lot more than I think I should be able to. I am trying to make sure that I slow down. I don't know how much that plays into how much I am eating. They called me and scheduled my fill for March 3rd. I have time to see if I really need it or not. You hear about people eating a few bites and getting full. I don't have that at all. I also haven't lost any weight since the week of my last fill in January. It was also that time of the month when I had my last fill, so I wonder if that is the reason that I had restriction that first week and then lost it. Either way, I am documenting all of my food and when I eat it. I am going to take that with me to see if there is something else that I am doing or not doing to sabotage myself.