Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my new Journey Pre-op Diet :)

Today I started my 2 week Pre-Op and it has definitely been a challenge, but I know I am on a road of a better beginning and am excited to see my new journey ahead. Below I have given an example of what I have eaten today, and I am hungry but not starving like I thought I would be. The Protein Shakes I user are the whey Protein and they are super good, they are really like having a desert so I am pleased with that. Only 12 more days until my Surgery (March 19th) the day I am reborn to become a healthy individual and use my tool to help benefit my life.

Breakfast

12 oz. Protein shake (sugar cookie)

lunch

2oz grilled Tyson chicken

½ cup zucchini/onion

6oz chicken broth

6oz Protein Shake (Peanut Butter) I use less than half of a scoop for my lunch shake and supper shake

15 grapes red seedless

dinner

2 tbs rice

2oz grilled Tyson chicken

1/2cup broccoli

(Cooked with soy sauce, stir fry style)

6oz Protein shake (Cookies and cream)

Snacks

2 sugar free Jell-O

1 pack of jerky- (the one you gave us)

Water

72 Oz (so far)

Wow you are lucky. I had to drink 4 Protein Shakes a day for 2 weeks and the kicker was that I had to do it twice..... :mellow:

Oh my why did u have to do it twice

My lunch and supper

post-205016-0-93995600-1394150555_thumb.jpg

post-205016-0-45485800-1394150598_thumb.jpg

post-205016-0-07221700-1394150622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shannon Goodman

Oh my why did u have to do it twice

Well the first time they had an emergency and so they had to cancel mine for someone else. I told the surgeon that I would hope that if I had an emergency that someone would be willing to cancel for me....

So then 3 weeks later I had to start again...when my time came a lot of people were cancelled for me because of how many times I had to go back to the OR... :)

Shannon,

Good job on your efforts!! I have 2 questions for you-

1. Where are you getting these delicious sounding shakes?? I want cookies!!!!!!!! tell us more...

2. How are you coping with the tiny amounts of food? I have put myself on a self-imposed pre-op diet, as my surgeon only requires 2 days of Clear liquids prior to surgery. I generally replace 1-2 meals per day with an 11 oz. Protein shake, and then eat lean Protein & veggies for dinner. It's definitely working so far, but I am hungry a lot. I definitely eat a larger dinner that you described. How are you amping yourself up so you don't feel deprived/get bummed out?

Thanks for sharing!

Sarah

GNC. Has whey protein: sugar cookie, banana cream, yummy :). Walmart has Peanut Butter and chocolate, Cookies and cream By body by fortress. The way I do it is I have a 12 oz shake at Breakfast and a 6 oz shake for lunch with 2oz meet(lean) and 1/2cup veggies. And for supper I do the same thing except I can have 2tbs brown rice. For snack at 9 I have sugar free Jello and around 1 a piece of small fruit. At 3 I can have a Protein snack like string cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 0.5oz Jerky, or 1 boiled egg. I can honestly say I have not been starving I just have to keep getting creative with what I can eat ;)

And lots of Water

Thanks for the details! That sounds really healthy!

Day two was not as bad, 6oz shake for lunch and supper, 2oz tuna and celery for lunch, Brussel sprouts, ham an 2tbs brown rice for supper Small bites jell-o and Water saved my life:)

That's basically what mine is except I get 4oz meat I only get two shakes I just break them up in to two meals