Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April chat for NJ!!!!!

Dianne, sounds like a great offer. I would love to have Dave home at night. He works on-call 24/7 and works all shifts. Sometimes he works 1st and 3rd shift in the same day....ugh! So I have to settle with sharing the king bed with the dog and 2 cats.I say go for the Tummy Tuck too. Most insurance companies do not pay for skin removal/reduction. Let us know what you decide, we are here for you. (((hugs))) ~Mandy

It took 4 tries to get that to post....also the links in my email no longer work. Where did all the ads come from? Did I wake up in a parallel universe today??? I'm going back to bed. ~Mandy

This place looks weird. I bet everyone's rubbing their eyes!

Anyone heard from Eileen lately? I am worried about the flooding around NJ.

I sent Pat an email just to ask if she knew anyone in the VA Tech tragedy...she's the only person I know in Virginia.

Kat, how is your baby horsey? I am very sorry to hear the story about the babysitter's boyfriend. You are so right to be the trustworthy keepers of your gbabies. There's just too much going wrong in the world these days. Keep the faith.

Today is an errand running day...then DD's choir/chimes practice. They had to cancel her softball game yesterday due to rain, but we need the rain, so it's okay with me!

Hugs to all!

Cindy

Morning, All.

I have two job interviews lined up... It's a pretty sure thing that the office will be closing tomorrow - so I have been looking for work to tide me over while I complete the teacher certification program.

I can say that Monster.com appears to work. I have only been signed up for 24 hours... Not only did one of my 2 interviews come from there - but I just found an offer to interview with Farmer's Insurance to open a sales office for them. If anybody is interested, I can forward the contact info. :biggrin1:

Of course, Monster is a big ol' pain in the petute - cause every time you move from one screen to another, somebody is trying to sell you something - but if you can get past that, it's ok.

Tomorrow is "D" day for us... and I will probably have my first Interview tomorrow afternoon. I don't believe in letting the moss grow under my feet... As much as I would love to be able to laze around for the next couple of months and focus on exercise and diet (ha!) I will make myself go out and get another job right away. I will be hard enough for me to have to actually WORK at my job again, without the complete loss of discipline that comes from staying home. At least now, I have to get up and come in... Anyway, job interviews are good - but obviously come with some anxiety attached.

I am having some serious food issues right now. I WANT to eat. I don't really NEED to eat - but I WANT to. Stress? Excitement? I can't say for sure why - but the demons are screaming at me right now. Of course, it is nearly noon and I haven't had any food yet - but what I want is something BAD. You know - something laden with cheese and carbs and fat... I guess I had better go downstairs and get some lunch while I still have some modicum of control left.

Dianne - RELAX. Give yourself a chance to heal up, for goodness sake! And trust me, that "bed to yourself" thing is way offset by having your most beloved home with you. It will take some getting used to for both of you - but I bet it will be a very good thing. And - take the tuck now. A bird in the hand, and all...

Cindy - Hugs! I am pretty sure Eileen is ok. I will e-mail her at work, just to be sure.

Deb - glad to hear you didn't have too much damage. Hope you are having a great day!

Mandy - Hugs! Hope the nap helped you re-focus on our new, altered universe.

Have to run. Food is calling.

Hi Girls,

Thank you so much for asking about me :rolleyes:

I'm sorry I haven't posted these past few days. Things have been pretty intense here at work and with the rain/floods. My house is okay but my DH's shop got hit pretty bad. He had 4 feet of Water which destroyed his tools and equipment.... Insurance will not pay for it, so we're on our own. The main thing here is that we are all okay and things can be replaced..but people can't.

I'm taking my niece to the hospital in PA on friday for her throat operation, it should be a one day afair givin everything goes okay.

I am just overwhelmed with work but if anybody want's to email me, let me know and I'll send you my work addy. Its easier to read my emails then to come here if ya know what I mean :(

All is good and I'll try to catch up with you all on the weekend.

I need a fill BAD !!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!

Love yah's

Yeah Cindy--I have had posting problems too---but they will get it all worked out soon I hope! Colt it fine...quite comfy with us at this point. She doesn't flinch at the bridle, or even the blow dryer anymore...so she is becoming pretty accustomed to being messed with by us humans!!! Hope it stays the course, and is as good as it started out being.

Beannie---I too am having the eating issues. Which isn't good today, I am off to lunch with a friend....an unbanded friend. She would like to be, but her DH's insurance doesn't cover, and she says they can't afford it. I figure she doesn't want it bad enough yet!!! I know how they live, and if it were priority at this point, she could---if it is for her, she will come to a point it IS priority, and will find a way. I really think her problem is more DH, he is quite big, and fine with it, very demanding, and set in his ways. He is of a different race, and in his view he IS the king of the castle! She seems happy with it, so I figure to each their own. I am just very spoiled dining out with my friend Michele, she is banded too, and we share!!!

Glad to here our Eileenie is fine and settling in to the new job, sure do hope it is something she likes and enjoys. Same with you Beannie, hope you find something to be happy at until you make your change. Your job has been quite a roller coaster ride this last year, the climb, then a swift decline....

I am waiting for my former son in law to pick up Kinsey---he was supposd to be here 45 minutes ago---now I will be late. Oh the temptation to call him bad names is so strong! I try to be so good around the girl, I want her to love her Daddy---but I want him to be worth it! Right now I am a bit past irritated

Well I am going to go and call my DD and see what she expects me to do---this is not working!

Hope the site gets back to its new normal soon---seem so strange, all the changes at once!!! Oh well as long as they fix it enough for me to find my friends, I will cope with the ads!

Take care all, will be back later!!!

Kat

I got one of the "mother's nightmare" calls. My son was in a really bad accident yesterday...his car is totalled but, Thankfully hes doing ok. We just got home from the Children's hospital in Boston...the local hosp can't handle pediatric trama so we were transported via ambulance to Boston. Cat scans, ultrasounds, xrays, contrast studies etc and he's lucky....he did break his hip bone but nothing else was damaged. The kid had angels in his car for sure. He was allowed to come home today but can't put weight on his hip for a week and then we have to take it slow. What a horrible horrible thing to go through and yet I had to drop to my knees and thank God that it wasn't the "worst" mother's phone call telling me he was gone. I pray for all the mother's that have had to go through this.

Please think of my son tonight in your prayers then hug your loved ones....life really is short.

Oh Sherry I'm so sorry about your son! I will Thank God he is ok. It is terrifying. I worry every time they drive away.

Looks like the new comany plan may be pretty good. Dr.V isn't on the plan however he is the only band Dr around here so I'm sure something will work out. They review past history and if it was medically nessasary for me to have the and then they cover it. They also do the same with PS. My PS is in there network.

NJ flooding is bad when it happens. Near where Eileen lives it gets horrible. One year when the kids were babies the Passac River came up to the driveway of our house. We packed up and went to my aunts house for 3 days.

I have had so much personal stuff going on. DD went to hospital while I was just out of surgery a week. Depression and other issues! Just what I needed. Now all of these changes between my body feeling like I have no real friends here in NC I'm just ready to cry and curl up. I try I guess maybe to hard to be a good mother. She fears I'll fall apart and she feels that she has to take care of me! So I have screwed her up somehow! I walk on egg shells cause I don't want to upset her and I don't want DS to move out even though he is rarely here.

Oh Sherry---I am so sorry about your sons accident. I have had a couple of those accident calls myself. My DD was rear ended and slammed into the car in front of her the 2nd day she was licensed! She refused to drive to school because of the chaos in the parking lot, but had to drive to track practice and was hit! It caused a separation (in laymans terms) of bone and muscle in her neck, put her in a neck collar for 8 weeks! She has never been released concerning her neck, and that was almost 10 years ago! Then my son was with a crew coming in from work, and the truck they were in rolled, and he broke both legs, below the knee...barely missed killing him, he was not buckled in the crew truck, was thrown out, and it rolled over his legs. Could have been his whole body, or his head. I too was on my knees!!!

Hope he recovers quickly. You too----the fear never leaves! You had a feeling about this though---you were extremely worried about him driving---Moms instinct maybe!

Dianne---I am sorry you too are having a hard time. I wish we were close enough to do you some good. Use my phone # anytime. I can't drive right over, but I can listen, and share ideas. I had 2 moody daughters (a year apart) and a SUPER moody son!!! He is still the one who will mope about more than the girls!! They were good kids, but the teenage years got tough at times~there were all the my kid/your kid issues, and then to have them all separated by only a year!!! Oh there were days I thought I would lose my ever loving mind! Son is the oldest by 14 months, so many of the guys the girls (separated by 13 months) were interested in were classmates of the son, or oldest DD---and never good enough, or one thing or another....son would try to date girls friends, and that never ended pretty! It is nice now, they are all close---but there were times, I would not have give you a plug nickel for any of them!

The girls are as different as night and day. Oldest is overachiever, graduated with honors, a year early, cheerleader etc. Demanded perfection from herself, and everyone around her---which is impossible! Youngest is a little bohemian who marches to her own beat altogether!!! An artist through and through! Would prefer to re-arrange the numbers in her algebra problem to a more aesthetic arrangement, than find the answer! Surprisingly they are very close now! And oldest DD and son are very close----youngest DD and son (who are actual blood siblings) clash to this day!

Dianne, when my daughter started Kindergarten, I cried the first day because my baby grew up, and was going to school. I cried the second day because they only kept her half a day. It never changed. When she was ready to graduate, I cried because she was grown and was going to leave home---I would cry the next day because she was not gone yet! I feel for your situation...big hugs to you and Sherry both. Teens are amazing and fun....and horrid and scary. And you love them to pieces, and worry over them with every breath!

Hang in there girls---you raised them well, and you too will end up with amazing adults!!! That some days you want to strangle anyway!!!

Kat

Sherry, your son will be in my prayers; a broken hip is no small thing, but I am so glad that is all there is. Take care of your boy, and yourself, too!

Glad you are okay, Eileen, and that you are just busy.

Beanie, let us know what happens at your job!

I'm mesmerized with these new pics and videos from the Cho killer guy...talk about chills that go straight up your spine.

Hugs to all of you,

Cindy

Hi everyone!! I'm so sorry I haven't responded to anyone, I couldn't get on this board for a few days!! I don't know what was wrong but I was getting an error message that the board moved! And, with a 10 week old and a 2 1/2 year old, I have about 27 seconds on any given day of time to myself, so when it wasn't working, I had to give up. I want to go reread all the messages so that I can jump into the conversations, but I just HAD to report my BIG NEWS real quick in case my newborn wakes up!

I went to Dr. Bertha today for my very first surgery consult and left with a DATE!!! YES, I have a DATE for surgery ALREADY! I almost fell over when we got to schedule it! May 15 if my big day, the day my life changes! YAY!! I'm SO excited! My best friend is scheduled for the same day, too, and they said we could be together so that's cool too! I'll post more later but I love Dr. Bertha, he's so nice and seems to cool too!

Take care!

Jenny, 1st welcome. Congrats on your date. Please let us know how things are progressing as you continue your journey. There is lots to do between now and then. I have a list posted on here somewhere of things that you will need for post-op. I will try to find it and repost it here. ~Mandy