Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Band Slipped and unfilled

My band slipped and I had to get the all the Fluid removed . I was experiencing discomfort with my band. It started with the late night vomiting. I really nervous about this, but know I did the right thing about letting my doctor know how I felt.I just hope I can maintain my weight. I feel really vulnerable right now.I will have to go back in 4 weeks for another Endoscopy.

My band slipped too. I went to the doctor on last Monday where a fluoroscopic was done. The Fluid was taken out of my band and I am on a liquid diet until March 26 when I see the doctor again. I have been using MY FITNESS PAL to track what I eat. I need to make sure that I am getting enough Protein. I am soo disappointed.

i too just found out i have a band slippage. they have me on a liquid diet right now. Not sure how bad the slippage is but he said if it was real bad i'd be in the hospital right now having surgery. They fully unfilled me and am now on liquids since Wednesday morning 2/26. is there a chance that my band will go back to normal with me doing Clear Liquids for couple weeks and after that creamy liquids like Protein drink, pudding, Soup, etc.......so is the chance of it fixing itself better then it not??

My doctor didn't say anything about a liquid diet . I just been watching my portions and drinking Water like a fish. I do feel a lot better and no vomiting episode's so far. The PA who took my Fluid out stated she believed the band would adjust itself or the doctor would have ordered surgery . I was banded 2.29.12

Unfilling the band is the normal Protocol for minor slips and yes it can go back to its original placement.

My food was constantly getting stuck and I was vomiting in my sleep. Water was even hard to drink. ...I knew something was wrong. As much as I like being a size 10 I wanted to be healthy as well.

i had no symptoms at all except weight gain. they did the fluroscope Wednesday morning and that's how they found mine. she said with me having no chest pain, no reflux, no throwing up that i prob caught it early so i'm hoping liquids will fix it and no surgery.

I had Plastic surgery (lower body lift, lateral thigh lift, Tummy Tuck and a breast lift) on December 20,2013. When I got out surgery I was nauseous and was trying to throw up. I think that is when my band slipped. I just felt like something was not right after that. I felt like I was to tight at times and yet I felt like I was too loose. I could eat a lot but it would come back up. I had a little bit of heart burn but not much. I just felt like something was not right and I made any appointment.

yeah i had a Tummy Tuck and breast lift and Lipo to my side flanks and something in me didn't feel right either. the only thing i knew was for sure was that i was eating more and wasn't feeling full. i switched lap band dr's cause the one in memphis was a horrible man and he wouldn't run any tests on me, just kept telling me i was just eating too much. when i switched dr's last month, my old dr wouldn't tell my new dr anything so they did the fluro to see what type band i had and how much was in it and that's when they found the stomach prolapse(what the fluro tech called it). now i'm on all liquids for a while and then get to move to creamy with no kind of chunks whatsoever until Wednesday. then i can slowly start adding 3 oz of soft food

Julianna did you band correct itself or you going to have to have surgery to fix it. has anyone on here ever had their band to correct itself or did they have to have surgery

Julianna did you band correct itself or you going to have to have surgery to fix it. has anyone on here ever had their band to correct itself or did they have to have surgery

I will be on full liquids until March 26. That is when I see the Doctor. At the Baratric clinic I go to, they routinely preform fluoroscopes. At that time, we will see if my band corrected it self. If it has, I think that they will start to fill it again. If not, I guess that I will have to have surgery. I don't want to have surgery but if i do, I want them to take the band out and give me the sleeve. I have never had any problems with my band before but I don't want to have any possibilities

of having complication with the band and having to have surgery again.

yeah that's what i told my dr the other day but he said some insurances will only pay for 1 bariatric surgery a life time so if that is so then i'm stuck with the band or without, or have to self pay for the sleeve cause that's what i wanted. i guess i'll have to call insurance company and ask them before i really know if i can change.

I had a slip...all saline removed from band three weeks ago, and I've gained 15 lbs. (liquid/soft food) but I've been eating and drinking way too much, I can eat just like before the band, and never feel full. I have also made poor choices, butter, mashed potatoes with cheese and the like. I also think part of the weight gain is finally being rehydrated. But my pants are definitely tighter. Going for fill/check up on Thursday. Good thoughts to all of us.

I went back to the doctor for my second endoscopy , and the band is back to good . Of course , I gained 16 pounds but I'm also weight training ....so maybe some muscle is in the numbers :). They started to fill my band again . I'm just happy I didn't need another surgery ....that was my biggest concern. You have to be honest with yourself during this lifetime journey. If something feels wrong please share it with your doctor. I was well on my way to a size 10 before this happened ...but I'm still fitting nicely in my size 12 without compromising my overall health. I've truly learned the meaning of "Listen to your body".