Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

need to get back on track. Anyone in Missouri?

Hi I'm 24 Live near jeff city Missouri and I had the gastric sleeve back in 2012 I have lost 74lbs and I could have lost so much more but I got off track along time ago and I need someone to help me get back on track. Im a emotional Eater and run to food when I'm bored. Please help

Congrats to you for deciding to take control of your situation and get back on track! There are a lot of people on this web site willing to answer questions and help you get to your end goals.

If I were in your shoes, I would pull out the food plan my surgeon gave me and recommit to everything on the plan. Also if you aren't using a calorie tracking system - My Fitness Pal is a web / phone based application that has been really great in keeping me on track. I made the commitment to log everything that went in my mouth - no exceptions!! It keeps me accountable and reminds me when I have reached my allotted calories.

Are you drinking enough Water? Aim for 60 oz per day. How much Protein are you eating? My Dr recommends 60 grams per day, but that varies from doctor to doctor. How about exercise? That will jump start your weight loss too. Don't go over board, 15 - 30 minutes per day is great if you haven't been doing anything!

I know you can reach your goals, just do it one baby step at a time, and don't look for an overnight solution. The steady and consistent path will get you to your goal!

Hi! Thanks for all your input. I do not drink much Water or anything else at that matter. Im not thirsty most of the time. I usually eat Protein I usually snack in Atkins bars or cheese and I eat meat with most my meals. My problem is I can't stay away from sweets I try very hard but like right now I just had knee surgery from a torn meniscus and I get super bored laying in bed so I can't even really exercise. I'm not very creative and so that doesn't help keep me busy. So all I do is sit on my butt and mostly eat sweets like candy bars, donuts and candy.. I don't get very hungry and nothing ever sOunds good so I usually just snack all day besides dinner.. I don't really have anyone to talk to besides my fiance and he works days so I can't socialize much to keep my mind off of junk food haha. But its been almost 2 Years and I only Lost 74lbs when I do stick to a diet my weight drops easily but since all the stress and boredom I haven't been losing anything besides confidence

I had Achilles reconstruction surgery on 10/18/13 and was non-weight bearing for 8 weeks and on crutches partial weight bearing for another 4. I'm 4.5 months out from surgery and have spent most of the past 6 months sitting on my butt. I also lost 40 pounds in the time frame - so it can be done when you are unable to be active. Honestly it is a mind set - focusing on the goal of weight loss and then doing the things necessary to achieve the goal. Being inactive because of an orthopedic surgery is not in your control, but having junk food in the house is within your control! Focus on why you want to lose weight to find the motivation to make the changes and to reach your goals!

You are right, I agree with you. I have still lost weight. Im an emotional eater and its something that I have struggled with for Years and I have had so much stress occur and my armed esteem went downhill im thinking about Seeking proffessional help for this

You are right, I agree with you. I have still lost weight. Im an emotional eater and its something that I have struggled with for Years and I have had so much stress occur and my armed esteem went downhill im thinking about Seeking proffessional help for this

I hope you find a good therapist. I live near jefferson city also and am on my 10th week of being sleeved. At 5'6" my surgery weight was 220# now at this 10th week I'm at 180# my goal weight is 140#.

Don't slip into old habits. Drink your Water and get your Proteins in even when your not thirsty or hungery.