Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am 7 weeks post op and I already need to buy smaller clothes but I am finding it hard to get rid of my clothes that don't fit. I guess I am still afraid I will end up going back to the bigger clothes and don't want to get rid of my favorites.

Take the plunge..Bag um and get rid of them...It is so exhilarating to be free of them.....You will start to look forward to the next size down..Trust me!!! It is a wonderful feeling!

Luckily, the seasons have been changing sicne my surgery on 8/5/13. I can't wear ANYTHING from last summer at all, so all of those are packed up. I've lost 7, almost 8, pants sizes, so those are in the bags too. Right now, I'm still struggling with getting rid of my winter clothes that are too big. I went through 5 outfits on Sunday before I found something that fit ok.

I've been a yo-yo dieter all of my adult life. I usually lose some and then gain it back too. Why get rid of those clothes when I might need them again, right? Well, with my new mindset on food and my new lifestyle, I'll never be back there again if I can help it. I now have the tools to believe that. I've been taking my really nice winter clothes to a local consignment shop. All of them don't sell, and I don't make lots of money, but it's more than I would from a yard sale, right? I'm getting ready to take some spring clothes down now and if I make some extra money, great! If not, I'll ad them to the "Big Girls Yard Sale" that I'm going to have once it gets warmer. lol Any money I'll make will go towards new clothes. Right now, I'm sitting at about 8 HUGE black garbage bags full, and I haven't culled my closet in about 4 months! lol can't wait to make some more room!!!!

Congrats on your amazing success.

I wonder if one way to realize you have fallen off the wagon is to have to buy a bigger size again?

Get rid of those clothes and make room for new favourites

I'm down 64 lbs pre surgery weight, I had so many clothes in about 3 different sizes. It was neat to start trying on all the clothes that didn't fit anymore. My closet has never been so bare in my life, but boy those clothes are looking good on me. I'm about 1/2 way there and so I'm buying a few new things at a time - that's the treat for doing so well. I bagged up my clothes and took them to my bariatric Dr's office. They have a box that people can go through. If they are around for awhile, they donate them. I know that I never want to go back to where I was. It is a scary thought, though isn't it? Good luck to all of my fellow sleevers. God, isn't it great to paint your toenails without being out of breath. Yeah.