Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2007 Bandsters: April Challenge

Hi... just got back from walkign two miles... 3rd day in a row and swam 1/2 mile on the 1st.

Water all days :)

4 workouts down :clap2:, but I'm short on Water again today... I didn't realize how much I've really been slacking on the Water. :)

But, as the song says, tomorrow's gonna be another day - hey, hey, hey hey!

Zannie if you are walking take a bottle of Water with you and don't finish your walk until you drink it all. I find that helps me alot in getting my Water in.

Welcome everyone who just joined up! Feel free to jump in and get movin and drinkin!

I haven't been doing a "traditional" workout, but I've been really working my butt off getting rid of 14 years worth of JUNK from an upstairs room, boxing it up and carrying it downstairs and out to the curb. Work up a good sweat for at least an hour every evening this week, and I've been doing good getting in my Water, too! :)

I’ve made a discovery! Perhaps the rest of the world knew this before now, but I didn’t… You can READ on the treadmill! Yesterday I talked on the phone, too! :) Ha!

I stay-at-home with our 2 kiddies, so it is hard to A) find time to read a good book (without pictures), and B) find time to workout. Today I blended up my 50g Protein shake, fixed Breakfast for my babies, settled them in to eat by the treadmill, jumped on with my shake & a book…and did my workout! Shocking! We all were nourished & I did TWO things “for myself” at the same time! Talk about your multi-tasking! AND I’ve already had 16oz of Fluid, too! Wahoo! :clap:

I’m starting to see the beginnings of this “Lifestyle Change” we’re all striving towards… I wouldn’t have thought to TRY figuring out how to workout while they were awake without this challenge, so I thank you again!

:)

Hi Everyone,

It has been a busy week for me and I just found this challenge. I want to join! I can feel the excitement.:clap2:

Good Journey,

Terri

Water: 1 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 4 of 20 thirty minute sessions

Well let me first start out by saying that if I had just video taped my workout I would be about $10,000 richer. My Mom bought that Core Rhythms video and lets just say it was probably the most hilarious thing to see me dancing to it. But it was fun. My daughter and I were jammin lol. One thing though...totally not nearly as easy as they make it look and the infomercial. Fun...yes but only in the privacy of your own home while everyone is asleep!

I had a lazy day today but I'm getting back on track tomorow. I had my first fill yesterday so I'm ready to kick start some more weight loss!! Keep up the good work my fellow bandsters!!!:)

Getting my energy back...yea!!!

Feb 2007 Bandsters - April Challenge

Water: 3 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 3 of 20 thirty minute sessions

I can’t believe I actually treadmilled (ooh, the conjugations just keep getting better) twice today! :whoo:

At Breakfast, it took me 40 mins to make the 1-mile mark. Just now it only took 35.5 mins to get there! Wahoo! Granted that's no 12-minute mile, but I have NEVER IN MY LIFE done double the “required” amount of exercise in one day – never. I’m so surprised at how motivated I’ve become from this challenge. It’s like I’ve been replaced by a pod person…where did the real (aka LAZY) Suzanne go???

So :), do I get to mark this down as 2 30-min workouts on the challenge ticker? :)

And, Babygirl, I took your advice. Rather than a bottle of Water, I made it my goal to finish a full glass of my Protein Shake while treadmilling. I’m happy to report that I hit the Water mark today, too!! :high5:

Oh, and I had my 1st fill, too. What a day, what a day…:cheer2:

Dang Suzanne you were on it today. They extra session does not really count toward the 20 but make another column for extra workouts and list it there! Be proud girl!

Dang Suzanne you were on it today. They extra session does not really count toward the 20 but make another column for extra workouts and list it there! Be proud girl!

Heh, heh, heh...somehow I knew nobody'd go for that! :eyebrows: :) :) :biggrin1: :) :) :eyebrows:

I was really just kidding, but I like your idea of making an thrid row to keep track for myself of how many extra sessions I can get in. A visual reminder of my efforts would be nice, since I've got no NSVs to speak of and the scale hasn't moved in a week now! :straight I really want to do the Water & exercise right -in additon to the food- to get things going again!!

Suzanne I had three weeks were my scale either did not move or I only lost a pound. Then the next week I took off 4 pounds and took off 3 more on the week following that.

Well I got my Water in today....now just the exercise.

Well it is the end of the day and I got the exercise in just in time. I am bound and determined to figurre out how to do that damn core rhythms dvd. Today was a bit easier but still nothing I would ever do in public. Though at work today I did find when I was standing at some racks counting things that I was swinging my hips trying to practice! lol