Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2007 Bandsters: April Challenge

Good job this week, everyone! :clap2: :peace: :clap2:

Historically I don’t workout on the weekend (but who knows what Pod-Zannie will do?), so I’m hoping to really get on the water! :spit:

Happy Easter to those of you celebrating this holiday weekend! And somebody please keep me away from the jellybeans…oh, and the Cadbury eggs, too!

Feb 2007 Bandsters - April Challenge

Water: 4 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 4 of 20 thirty minute sessions

Teacher, I think we'll all be forgiven for these Easter transgressions... At least I hope so because the Jellybeans at my parents' house were too much for me!!!! :) BUT!! I did do a mile on the treadmill, too, which I don't usually do at all on weekends. So I'm hoping it'll balance out...

Ok, Guess I'm forgiven!!! I went to a wedding this weekend and had some dips and chips and even a half a piece of wedding cake. Then yesterday I had a half sandwich and some baked chips and a chocolate egg.

Stepped on the scale today and have lost those 3 pounds I gained two weeks ago!!!! Don't understand it......just glad it happened. Maybe my body thought I was starving it???

Ok, Guess I'm forgiven!!! I went to a wedding this weekend and had some dips and chips and even a half a piece of wedding cake. Then yesterday I had a half sandwich and some baked chips and a chocolate egg.

Stepped on the scale today and have lost those 3 pounds I gained two weeks ago!!!! Don't understand it......just glad it happened. Maybe my body thought I was starving it???

Good for you!!! May I be so lucky as to see the scale move downward after Easter candy! :( I'll weigh-in at my clinic on either Friday or Monday for the 2-month Band anniversary... :)

Well I totally sinned. I went away for Easter and ate exactly what my friends ate - which was EVERYTHING (including one beer and lots of chocolate). I did get my Water in every day and my half hour excercise everyday though.

Must get back on track today. Im having a liquid only day.

Before I had the band, my banded friend's husband said to me," Don't ever let anyone tell you that this is the easy way out. It is definetely NOT the easy way. You will see, it is very hard, but you'll be glad you did it when you've lost all your weight. I'm proud of you for doing it!"

Boy, was he right. I guess going through all the ups and downs of bandland with his wife have taught him a thing or two. She was banded 4 years ago and is skinny and healthy and beautiful.....lots of hard work.

Hang in there, everyone, we can do this. It's like dieting with a litttle friend inside of us telling us when to stop eating........a medical miracle!!!

( pep talk to self)

Before I had the band, my banded friend's husband said to me," Don't ever let anyone tell you that this is the easy way out. It is definetely NOT the easy way. You will see, it is very hard, but you'll be glad you did it when you've lost all your weight. I'm proud of you for doing it!"

Boy, was he right. I guess going through all the ups and downs of bandland with his wife have taught him a thing or two. She was banded 4 years ago and is skinny and healthy and beautiful.....lots of hard work.

Hang in there, everyone, we can do this. It's like dieting with a litttle friend inside of us telling us when to stop eating........a medical miracle!!!

( pep talk to self)

It's nice ot know when people are really in your corner and not just saying the "right" thing.

I have to say that I read your post & heard that Pinocchio refrain in my head… And always let your conscience be your guide!

That’s how I’ve come to think of my band, really…like my own internal conscience -- a la Jiminy Cricket. I know what I need to do – eat less, exercise, and make healthy choices. Only now I’m not at it on my own anymore. Knowing what to do has never been the problem; it’s the doing of it that always got me! :straight But with the band, I’m conscious of the choice I make because of how it will/may effect my band, and thus my progress. So, in that way, my band has become my eating conscience ... my personal Jiminy Cricket!

There’ve been many posts about naming Bands… Perhaps I’ll even start to call my band that, too! :confused:

(Um, can you tell I have young kids? Heh, heh, heh? :biggrin1:)

Well, Suzanne, I'm a retired first grade teacher and I think I'll name my band, too!!!! What a great idea!!! I'll have to think of a name and let you know!!!!

I'm getting my second fill on Thursday, I hope he tightens me up tiny, tiny, tiny!!!

Does coughing count as an exercise? I think I have had some aerobic coughing going on over here. I feel like I am dying. My stomach muscles hurt so bad every time I cough and I get into these huge coughing fits that I can't stop. Ohhh it hurts so bad.

:heh: Coughing definetely counts!!! My stomach is so sore, too. I've been coughing for 5 days and long nights. I hold my stomach (port) everytime..hoping nothing slips, rips, or moves. The doctor gave me some cough and congestion medicine, but I think I need an antibiotic.

Water helps the coughing, but the coughing and just plain not feeling good makes exercising difficult.

Feb 2007 Bandsters - April Challenge

Water: 8 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 5 of 20 thirty minute sessions<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Well the doctor says it is brochitis....yuck. The only good thing is now I am on some prescription meds to make it feel better and I have an inhaler which makes a world of difference. I just want this coughing to stop. My tummy is dying from the workout it is getting. And I am happy to report that I did get the antibiotic down though I had to split the pills in half to take them.

Hey Babygirl...me too, Bronchitis and ear and throat. They have ordered a Z-pack antibiotic for me and I will start that later. Going to bed for now.

Do you think our immune system is out of whack??