Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2007 Bandsters: April Challenge

Our city is having their annual "city wide cleanup week" where you can put out all your old junk and they pick it up free of charge, so I cleaned out a bunch of stuff from an upstairs room yesterday. Worked at it for about an hour, worked up a GOOD sweat doing it, even though it was cool... I guess that counts... :D

Hi everyone, I am a 2/13/07 bandster. I came in a little late on this post but I am ready to start the challenge. I've drank about half of the Water for today. This challenge will be a great motivation for me to start excersising more. Good Luck Everyone!!!:D

I'm in too. I need this push terribly. My friend says I would sleep my life away if I could. She's right. Went to my first exercise class this morning.(this is part of the program for weight-loss surgery at U-Mass) We "talked" about doing it. Next week we "do it". Now I have a chart, but I guess I have to do more than look at it. After 7hrs. of driving I needed a nap, so I'll go out on my treadmill now. I'm having no problem getting it the Water. Good Luck to all.

Feb 2007 Bandsters - April Challenge

Water: 2 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 2 of 20 thirty minute sessions

This challenge was such a good idea! :clap2: With the balmy weather we're having in Virginia, our whole family headed out for a walk this evening -- me sneezing all the way (darn allergies, I’m still sneezy 6 hours later). But I did it! When my DH & DS(4yo) 1st brought up the idea of them taking a walk, I’d automatically begun planning around time alone with my DD(1-1/2yo) -- at home. And then it dawned on me…go with them! I am NOT a walk-in-the-neighborhood girl, so this was not an immediate leap. But as they were getting ready, I realized that a walk would count as my 1/2-hour & I could be drinking, too! So I fixed a mobile dinner for m’girl, got Water ready for the rest of us, and off we went. Naturally, we had a great time.:high5:

It’s so sad how much my weight (more specifically my physical discomfort) stops me from doing. My blasted allergies are an obvious & handy reason to refrain from outdoor activities in the spring & summer. The weather is an obvious & handy reason to remain indoors in the winter. But really, I just hate my thighs rubbing together, my boobs sweating, my waistband chafing, my knees throbbing, my arches aching…everything to do with being active outdoors. :)

This walk we took today is just a little achievement in the grand scheme of things, I know. But I could literally count on my fingers the number of neighborhood walks (including Halloween) we’ve taken together since moving to our house in 2005! I’ve got major lifestyle changes to make beyond just Portion Control. Getting outside is one of them!! And I’d have passed up today’s opportunity if not for this challenge. (Plus, I drank all my fluids, too!) So, again, thanks for the motivation. :whip:

And keep up the good work everyone! ;)

and will be going to Curves in AM...this was a great idea!!!:clap2:

I didn't quite hit the Water mark today, but I refused to go to bed without getting on the treadmill! Yea me! Handy that exercise wipes me out rather than invigorates, because it’s bedtime and even though I’m just off the treadmill, I feel like I could sleep for days…

I know it's April 4, but I want to be on it, too--water and exercise. Maybe if I concentrate on those 2 things more, I'll begin to see the scale move.

ouch....legs sore!! waterlogged!!!

Feb 2007 Bandsters

April Challenge~20 and 20

Water: 3 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 3 of 20 thirty minute sessions

I know it's April 4, but I want to be on it, too--water and exercise. Maybe if I concentrate on those 2 things more, I'll begin to see the scale move.

I feel the same way! I have not lost anything in a full week, as of this morning. ARGH!

I know my food is not the issue becasue A) I really do have restriction still without a fill, and :o I saw the dietician on Monday & she said my diet was great -- even with a 1/2 cup of OJ a day!

So maybe it's that I've slacked off on the treadmilling...and I've had a hard time with Water since the start. Hopefully this challenge will continue to help me address both of THOSE issues!

okay, count me in!!:girl_hug: I have exercised the 2 of the last 3 days for 30 min on treadmill, but the Water situation is bad, very bad :o I have a headache right now, because i get dehydrated so darn easily. I just forget to drink when I am at work. I have plateaued recently and i think you are correect, that the Water and excercise may do the trick. Can't hurt, can only make us healthier right?

Banded 2/28/07

First fill on April 13.

By: Dr. Ragui Sadek

Lost 35 lbs (including pre-op diet).:biggrin1:

Started at 285

Current at 250 (+/- 1-2 lbs everyday):D

Personal Goal at 135