Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2007 Bandsters: April Challenge

SIGN ME UP!

im doing it already but about twice a week i dont...and the rest of my life is VERY sedentery.

i belong to a gym and go in the mornings, i throw on my work out clothes, grab my bag, work out then shower there for the day.

sundays the gym is closed and its WAY too cold for me to go outside. any ideas on what to do on those days?

anway..i digress.

COUNT ME IN!

are we using www.fitday.com to keep track or ?

Not that I follow my own advice :) , but on your non-gym days you could try stretching/bands or yoga at home...something soothing rather than punishing. I'm right with your other post in that after my workouts I could just go to sleep! :tired So much for exercise getting the blood pumping. :bored Perhaps as I move from UNFIT to ACTIVE that will change... And hopefully the accountablity of this challenge will spur my tuchus along!

My goal is to be able to ride my bike for a 12 mile stretch without wanting to die and then do it again 8 hours later. Why 12 miles? That's how far it is to work and in the summer I want to start biking it.

This is a great idea!!!!!!!! Sign me up....

Before my surgery, I was biking 3.5 miles every other day. However since my surgery just have not been motivated.

Thanks for encouraging me to get back on the bike!!!

Guest Band4EJ

Whew! I got here just in time! I'm in for the April exercise challenge. I started at Curves 2 weeks ago. If the gym is closed and it's too cold to walk...DANCE! That's right...dig out that Flashdance CD or pop in the DVD "Muriel's Wedding" and dance during all the ABBA songs OR play some Shania Twain or DEVO and do some high-speed house cleaning:dance:

I am so ready for tomorrow!!! Thanks for the challenge!!!

Feb 2007 Bandsters - April Challenge

Water: 0 of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise: 0 of 20 thirty minute sessions

babygirl!!!

i gotta chime in here...this is ONE of the reasons i want to put my arms around my surgeon and kiss him full out on the lips.

while i was in galveston, the cottage that i stayed at had two wonderful bicycles that came with it. About a week after my surgery, i decided to try it, and...after not having ridden one in 12 years, i did...within that week i had built up to using the bike as transportation, to go to the store, to go to the seawall, to go meet my friends at the club. Within the next week i was using it to ride 8 miles (to the movie theater and Krogers which is 4.8 miles from the cottage)...DAILY. eight miles a day!!! for me, that was an enormous milestone. by the time i left the cottage (i was there for three months) it was NOTHING for me to wake up just before sunrise and be on the seawall on my 8mile treck as the sun came up every morning.

It was fantastic. i miss it greatly.

i just wanted to tell you that your goal is totally possible. Try 'on the way' first and work up to it and it will FEEL effortless.

Good luck and know as your peddling that i wish i was too! (its mudseason here in northern maine and SOON ill be out on the trails here too)

I just completed my longest single workout since my Banding!:whoo:

And that’s no foolin’!!

Granted it was only a ½ hour on the treadmill, but before now I’ve only pushed myself to 20-mins at a time. And many days I just wouldn’t get around to getting back on for the other 10-15mins for my 30-min goal. Today I did all 30 minutes in a row, and at my fastest pace yet!

I’m completely wiped, but I feel ~dare I say it~ proud of myself, too.:humble:

This challenge came at the right time for me. I’ve really been lackadaisical about exercise the last 2 weeks…

A) I really dislike it

:confused: exercise is where I’ve “failed” with every other weight loss attempt before

C) my kids & I caught a bug & I really haven’t gotten back on the horse since, because any excuse will do

D) I have absolutely no energy after my treadmilling

<O:p</O:pE) I know how important this element is to success, but I need more motivation than that, apparently

And I'm working on the fluids, too!:spit:

Thanks for the inspiration! :clap2:

I am feb 28 and just found this... so what do I have to do... / record here every day or what...? Water and exercise, guess that would be starting today...

Congrats Suzanne!!! I still have to get the rest of my exercise in but my Water is almost done. I am sure when I hope on the treadmill in a little while I will go above my water demands.

I was banded in March, can I still join?

My husband and I took a long walk today, it felt great. This is very encouraging! Thanks for starting it!!! :girl_hug:

Whew!!! I did it!! One down!!

Water: 1of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise:1of 20 thirty minute sessions

I did my thing today... swimming, 2/3 of a mile... and Water

Water: 1of 20 days of 64+ ounces

Exercise:1of 20 thirty minute sessions

Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not too sure what tomorrow is going to look like for me. My friends and I are going downtown for the Tiger's opening day. Should be a big party, lots of fun, probably not so good on the diet though.