Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Months post op Huge stall! Am I doing something wrong?

Hey guys my name is Abigail. I was sleeved on dec 14... since then I only really lost like a little over 10lbs... I went into surgery at 237 n im at like 221...nd I been at 221 for a while now...im ashamed idk what im doing wrong...I haven't seen my surgeon since urgery because im ashamed.....I kno she us gona scold me...can someone who is 2 mnths post op tell me what their eating...how much activity their getting in...protien and Water a day etc...I need the help....my bday is july 22 and my surgeon told me tht by 6 months I should hve lost 65% of my weight...by the way im going I doubt I will...I need to get dwn to atleast 140 before I can have a tummy tuckk...so someone please help me...thank u guys!!! I love yall for the support!!

Me before on left....me on the right after...not much of a diff..

post-195996-0-49188700-1393176987_thumb.png

[ATTACH]41789[/ATTACH]

Hi Abigail. At two months, I was just released to an unrestricted diet. Try for 64 ounces of liquid, if not more. 60-70 grams of Protein. I was still drinking at least one Protein Drink a day at that point. Try to stick with the Protein first rule. It really does work.

I would encourage you to not avoid your doctor. Your doc is the main person who can help you. They've been through this many, many times.they will have good advice for you.

Good luck!

The BEST thing you can do is call your dr and get an appointment, don't avoid them, they are there for you. You should also get an appointment with your nutrishionist ASAP. In the mean time, aim for a min. of 60 - 80 grams of Protein a day, 64 oz of water/fluid and 300 minutes of exercise a week. That is what my dr recommended anyway. Whatever you do, don't give up. I went 7 weeks without losing a pound, got discouraged and now I can't seem to get back on track. STICK WITH THE PROGRAM! Your body will eventually give in and quit conserving itself. Message me if you want to for support.

Hi Abigail!

I know you don't want to hear this, but you have to make an apt to see your Dr., or in the very least, talk to your NUT. This person will have the knowledge to help you & suggest what you can do to get back on track. More importantly, do NOT be ashamed of yourself. This is a tough journey & we really need to work hard to make it work BUT IT DOES WORK!!!

You didn't mention what you're eating or how much. That's the first thing I'd look at.

I had my surgery done on Jan 16th, so I'm about 5 1/2 weeks out. I had my band removed & revised to the sleeve. Here's an example of what I eat at this point. Keep in mind, everyone's food menu is slightly different the first 6 - 8 weeks. It all depends on the Dr's office:

Breakfast:

1/2 - 3/4 cup of egg whites mixed with feta cheese, turkey crumbles and spinach

or 1 egg feta cheese, turkey crumbles and spinach

or Protein drink (Greek yogurt, Pure Protein vanilla creme shake w/ 1 scoop of Pure Protein vanilla powder). I actually don't like chocolate that much

lunch

1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of tuna fish blended with low-fat mayo

1/2 cup - 3/4 cup of leftover dinner from night before

Dinner

1/2 - 3/4 cup of any lean protein (like homemade ham & navy bean Soup in the crock pot)

1/2 -3/4 cup of turkey chili (in the crock pot)

tonight I'm making Lemony Lentil & Spinach Soup (yup, in the crock pot again, LOL)

*No, I don't use the crock pot all the time, but it does help)

I hope this might help you. But, I really think you should call your NUT. They're job is to help you. Do NOT be ashamed. Nothing to be ashamed of. You are NOT alone my dear. Most of us enjoy helping & encouraging others.

You CAN do this & you WILL be successful. Best of luck & hang in there!

THANK U GUYS ALOT.....someone was telling me about a yogert diet....I think imma try it...you just eat yogert and drink Water but imma add some fish in there.....so you right I didnt mention what I have been eating but pretty much anything....I feel less restricted... so I feel like I been able to take more in...but also food and restriction is crazy around my period...I can eat any and everything....and when my period comes I dnt want to eat food anymore...when its done I go right back with tht habbit...I just have to learn how to fight the urge.... anybody have any tips on what I should do?? Around that time???

The BEST thing you can do is call your dr and get an appointment, don't avoid them, they are there for you. You should also get an appointment with your nutrishionist ASAP. In the mean time, aim for a min. of 60 - 80 grams of Protein a day, 64 oz of water/fluid and 300 minutes of exercise a week. That is what my dr recommended anyway. Whatever you do, don't give up. I went 7 weeks without losing a pound, got discouraged and now I can't seem to get back on track. STICK WITH THE PROGRAM! Your body will eventually give in and quit conserving itself. Message me if you want to for support.

I will definitely message u with any questions

THANK U GUYS ALOT.....someone was telling me about a yogert diet....I think imma try it...you just eat yogert and drink Water but imma add some fish in there.....so you right I didnt mention what I have been eating but pretty much anything....I feel less restricted... so I feel like I been able to take more in...but also food and restriction is crazy around my period...I can eat any and everything....and when my period comes I dnt want to eat food anymore...when its done I go right back with tht habbit...I just have to learn how to fight the urge.... anybody have any tips on what I should do?? Around that time???

I know it's hard I'm 2 months post op and I've lost 72lbs. I recently started eating more my intake is higher then a half a cup and it scares me. Remember your Protein water stay away from sweets minimize carbs. I've learned to cut back and change my foods. I plan I'm starting a workout maybe Zumba I want to do insanity but I doubt my body could handle it. I suggest you see your doctor or email your nutritionist. I email mine all the time lol. Any questions message me. If I were you I wouldn't do that yogurt diet you did this surgery to help you not so you could live on a diet. Good luck.

I'm 2 mos out and I'm down 54 pounds...I think I've hit another stall this weekend..I workout 4 days a week..running, eliptical and weights..my normal diet consists of cheese..yogurt..eggs..Turkey sausage..chili..fish ...water and sgar free drinks ..from time to time I've had a cheat here and there..I bought sugar free pudding pops for example for time of month and if i have company or am out I might sneak a small quantity of something forbidden ..but I work hard at the gym and for the met part stick to the nutrition program...if iget head hunger in the evening I try to just have a shake cuz it fills me up and I know exactly how many fat, calories, carbs is in there so I'm not overcome with guilt...hope hat helps?