Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronic Indigestion Need help!

I just had a baby 7 weeks ago my doctor removed all of my Fluid completely because I've been having indigestion problems. I just got checked a week ago and thankfully the band is not slipped. However, I've been unable to eat solid foods and today I can't even keep any fluids down. Has this happened to anyone? I know that I will have to wait until next Monday to go see my doctor again but I'm trying to avoid another surgery by finding out more information on my issue.

with sarah posting the same problem I just wonder if there isn't a virus going around. see your doctor and get some med's for it. you need to eat for your baby if you are breast feeding. so don't need indigestion complicating things. wish you well. and congrat's on the baby.

Indigestion could also be caused by the hormone changes going on in your body. Eat things that are soothing for you right now. Go back to early band basics and try to consume things that are light on your tummy but still nutritious.

Tea is a wonderful thing and very helpful with breast feeding as well, so have some warm tea (decaf) Have some ice pops, make some sugar free pudding and use whole milk for that little bit of fat you need right now for the baby.

Give your body a break it's been through a lot! Your not on the bandwagon right now to lose weight you are back to healing phase again. So eat what you need to for the baby but keep it easy on your band and your tummy for digestion. Go back to mushy foods for a bit, put things in the blender and see how your feeling in a few days when you get to your Dr. appointment, let us know how your doing and what the doc says.

Feel better soon!

Thanks for your responses. At this point I'm sure it's not a stomach virus. Today I've been able to drink fluids and eat pudding and a chicken broth. For now I'm going to take your advice in taking it easy with mushy food. The doctor has talked about relocating my band a little higher. I'm hoping I don't have to go through that. i wonder if the insurance companies pay for the removal of the band?

I am having similar problems, on somedays I cant even get liquid down! thinking about calling but I don't want to get loosened, i've been down that crazy road and I don't like where it leads. I am loosing now again but I also know that I am not getting in the Protein I need! sometimes it is a vicious circle! I have my own thoughts, I feel as my body digests at an extremely slow pace and I stay full for a very long time. So when I try to eat my next meal which is sometimes a day later there is no room, also I throw up alot and I think that causes some swelling. Good luck... take it slow

I completely relate to your problems. I'm taking it very easy. I'm thinking of just sticking to a very light diet for at least a week and I agree when the stomach is irritated it gets very upset and mad!

Well my dears I'm currently at the hospital waiting to have my band removed. Unfortunately things didn't get any better. The doctor had suggested a sleeve but my insurance requires that I have a BMI of 50 or greater which thankfully I'm quite away from. I can't deny I'm not scared and worried for life without the band but I can't continue throwing up and having so much indigestion. Oddly enough it was exactly three years ago around the same time that I had the band put on and now it's coining off. At least what I've been able to learn in the past three years is to make better food choices and control my emotional eating.