Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2014 post op losers

Is anyone experiencing a stall? Ive been on one for 20+ days and I'm really getting discouraged. I've only lost 40lbs since surgery date of Feb 5th. Last week I gained 4 lbs. what the heck is my problem???

Hi all!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Zom-that's amazing about Disney!! That was one of my first goals after this surgery was to be able to fit on the amusement park rides!! So happy for you!!

Tkauhi-my doctor just talked with me about plateaus yesterday at my 6 week visit. Have you tried changing your exercise routine or eating habits? She said that you have to shock your body back into weight loss mode. Hope that helps!

My 6 week visit went really well and they are happy with my progress. I'm down 40ish pounds since my surgery and they said that is great. I just have to eat more vegetables...which im not too excited about, but I guess I'll have to try them...I really want a salad, but I can't have that yet. Boo!! So, any good vegetable recipes would be appreciated!!

Take care losers!!

Samantha

Hiya,

Dreaming big how are you feeling now, I do hope that you are ok. Interesting info about weight plateaux. I have just got back from Italy which was great. The range of foods now is amazing but I do have some bad "bathroom call" days. Today is one of them and I really worry that one day I won't make it, it was a near miss today and I was saved only by the fact that there was one nearby, there is honestly not much warning! I seem to just have some days, a couple of times a week, when I feel below par and then when I eat anything at all IT happens. However I haven't found any foods which I can't cope with yet, though dryish fish can be a problem, but the consistency is the problem, not the fish itself.

My post op appointment is tomorrow and despite the gelato and being in Italy and post flight feet swelling I have now lost 45lbs.

Take care everyone

Claire x

As for all of you that are on a stall, I am to. :( I've been stuck for so long, then I randomly lost like 4 lbs (probably from all the walking at Disney) and I just weighed myself and I gained almost all of it back. The heck?! How is that even possible. Ugh!!

I wish I didn't have a scale down here on vacation cause its so frustrating.

In better news, I'm going to Busch Gardens this Thursday, hopefully I can fit on all the rides!

Is anyone experiencing a stall? Ive been on one for 20+ days and I'm really getting discouraged. I've only lost 40lbs since surgery date of Feb 5th. Last week I gained 4 lbs. what the heck is my problem???

Think positively - that's still an average of 4lbs every week! That's the same as me - I "only" lost 26 lbs in the first 6 weeks. But I've never lost 4 lbs/week consistently in my whole life! On my doctor's advice, I only chart what I weigh at my appointments. That way I'm less aware of stalls.

Hi Janette,

My scale started moving again yesterday, thank goodness, I'm down another 2.5 for the last 2 days so it's moving again. I was so worried I'd be one of the ones the surgery didn't work for. I wish I could stay off the scales. It's become my new addiction or maybe obsession. I've been told over n over that the scales are not my friend but I just can't stay away. Oh well, I'm headed in the right direction again. Congrats on your loss.

Tammy

Great news Tammy. I am slower at the moment too, it could have been my Italian jaunt but my calorie levels were low to normal for me, and lowish for what I have been told that I can have. So I am just hanging in there at the moment. So pleased for you though Tammy.

Claire

Same here! I had surgery the same day...and only lost 37 pounds...gained 2 pounds then lost those 2 pounds...been on a stall for 2 weeks now.

Hi Claire & Estor

The scales are moving again. I hope for quite a while anyway... I'm down 43.3 lbs so the last couple days have been good to me. Estor, I guess it's mostly about patience, of which I have none. Lol

Tammy, glad your stall is over and your are moving!

So where is miss Erin these days?

You know, I've always wondered about ken and how he might be doing. Anyone know???

Hi,

Yes I was so worried about Ken some time ago because we hadn't heard anything. He had asked to be my friend on Facebook so I checked and he hardly puts anything there but he is still on there with a post since his surgery date. I think his wife must have had her op by now too.

I am now in a stall too, but have taken heart from all your posts. It is just a phase, I'm sure!

Glad everyone is doing ok

Claire x

Glad to hear that everyone has their scale moving in the right direction. I try really hard to not get on the scale! I agree with Janetteh that I've never been able to lose 4 lbs per week my whole life. Even on the medical Protein diets of about 700 calories I would lose 2-3 lbs. I'm thrilled with my progress and so glad that I've seen good progress. I'm going to an out of town meeting this week and will see several clients that haven't seen me since December. It will be interesting if they notice. Have a very Happy Easter!

Good morning everyone,

How did everyone do over Easter???

I don't think I messed up since I can only eat a few bites before I'm full. Is anyone up to 3 oz of Protein yet? I'm sure not if I ate that much it'd surly come back up. My weight is continuing to inch it's way down, ever so slowly but I'll take that for sure. Well, everyone have a great day...

Tammy

Hi Tammy,

I am having a little more than that but it depends on what it is. Sometimes I can have very little but others I might have a few mouthful of one thing, like meat, and then a little more of fruit or some yogurt. I largely don't manage Snacks though, just three meals with perhaps a low calorie chocolate drink as one snack.< /p>

My weight is inching down too, soo slow. However I think that I am looking better tha the scales say so I think I am fine with that for the time being at least.

Tak care

Claire