Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please tell me that the amount of food I eat will decrease and that my hunger will go away. I have been eating a healthy diet, Protein and low fat, nothing fattening, fried, etc. However, the amount of food it takes to fill me up is still quite a bit and I don't see the weight coming off. I don't want to be hungry - - I did those types of diets in the past. I've had one fill so far and will have my second next week!!

Anyone that has any suggestions - please let me know. :think :pout: :funscale:

Ginger!

i did that!!! my big grazing period was just before my first fill. im going in for second fill april 27th. ...but before i really had trouble with excess hunger (head hunger). I wrote my surgeon (who answers his own emails how cool!) and he said to go back to full liquids for a day. I did and it worked for a bit towards keeping me from feeling like i was ravenous. High protien shakes worked for me. the next day i found myself eating better, and more aware of what was going in. also..www.fitday.com helps you keep track if you go off base.

BEFORE the band, when i went into 'grazing' mode, id do a deal of metamucle. The Fiber would cause me to feel full. I asked my surgeon if i can still do that, and he said yes, but i havent yet.

the liquids for a day worked for me. It reigned in my appetite.

Hi Ginger.

First - where are you in the process? Fully healed? Had any fills?

It's hard to advise until we know.

If you haven't had any fills - yep, you are going to be hungry - just like before surgery.

If you have less than great restriction - yep, you are still going to be hungry - although mayb less than before surgery. (I was starving pretty much thru fill 3 - then it got better - but I didn't have anything close to good restriction until fill 6.)

Second - "fill me up" should be thrown right out of your vocabulary. Try - I eat until I am not hungry anymore.

I find that "I am not hungry anymore" after just a little bit of food - but I don't get "filled up" until I have eaten far too much.

This is the hardest distinction to make - the difference between what it means to be "not hungry" and what it means to be "full".

Trust me when I tell you - Full just doesn't happen unless I eat a fairly large portion. Not Hungry happens pretty fast. The trick is to stop eating when you cease to be hungry. I find that I keep eating for the sheer pleasure of eating...long after I cease to be Not Hungry. However, if I make sure that my plate only contains a proper bandster portion - and I distract myself immediately after eating, I tend to have better luck stopping.

Good Luck!!

Thank you all. I feel better knowing that I am normal and it will improve. I go for my Second Fill on Monday April 3rd!! I will try all your suggestions and keep my fingers crossed.

:)