Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nasty orange chewable vitamins

I have to take 8 a day!! They're horrible. I gag every time I take them.

Anyone have any tips to get 'em down easier??? Pretty please :)

Oh my gosh 8 a day? I bought this huge bottle of chewable Multivitamins from Bariatric Advantage, and post-op I threw up after taking it. I tried crushing the pills and mixing it in liquid, but to no avail, still got very nauseous. Maybe you can try crushing them and putting it in maybe a Protein Shake or something that has thicker consistency like yogurt. About a month or two after surgery, I tried it again to see if I'd be okay with it, because I hated those pills to go to waste because they weren't cheap. Unfortunately, I got severely nauseous after trying it again, so I think my body will never be able to tolerate it unfortunately. I had to switch to the Multivitamin tablet that's not chewable, even though it's not complete, it's the only thing I can get down!

I hate to hear the multi from Bariatric Advantage makes you nauseous. I just ordered some. I hope they will be good to my new tummy :)

Those BA Vitamins are a tough pill to swallow. I only made it a couple weeks on them post op until I got really tired of gagging or throwing up from them. You might try another brand. I finally found that trader Joe adult high potency worked until month 6. After month 6 I moved onto regular type vitamins. Today I take optimen from ON. My surgery center did not care what you were taking g as long as we hit 200% RDA.

Edited by Fiddleman

Those BA Vitamins are a tough pill to swallow. I only made it a couple weeks on them post op until I got really tired of gagging or throwing up from them. You might try another brand. I finally found that trader Joe adult high potency worked until month 6. After month 6 I moved onto regular type Vitamins. Today I take optimen from ON. My surgery center did not care what you were taking g as long as we hit 200% RDA.

My surgery center seems hell bent on us using only their products. I have to use their gross vitamins and gross Protein powder. It was included in the cost of my program fee. I asked them yesterday about switching to muscle milk and I was told not till after surgery. Same thing with the vitamins.

I'm hell bent on doing everything I have to to be successful pre and post op, even choking down those nasty things.

Thanks for all the input! :)

I have not determined what exactly is wrong with those BA tabs that a lot of people have trouble with, but am wondering if it is the Iron. Sometimes the Bariatric nutrition companies will sell non-iron variety. As an aside, I have never supplemented directly with iron and labs still come back fine at 18 months. And I do not eat much red meat at all.

Edited by Fiddleman

I did Flinstones Complete with Iron chewables for one month and then changed to regular Multi Vitamins that I swallow.....both my 3 month and 6 month post op lab results were good.