Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

grr...medifast commercials. .

Anyone else get irked at the newer Medifast weight loss commercials? !

Both people made a point to say.."I lost weight the RIGHT way on medifast.."

Each time I have to quick mute the tv. It feels like their trying to shame us and I just see red for a few minutes.

Anyone else?

Well you don't see them on there saying " I stayed at goal the right way, with medifast". That's because it is a temporary diet. Keeping the weight off year after year is where the pedal meets the metal.

Lynda

Every year about this time all the weight-loss promises advertise on TV for everyone's new Years resolutions....

Over the last 30 years, I have been on every Diet under the sun...many were very good, medically supervised diets...

I failed at every one of them, sometimes gaining more weight back than I started, and my hunger/cravings doubled...

Lets face it...that's why we needed surgery...only surgical intervention was able to do what traditional diets could never do for me...

Well you don't see them on there saying " I stayed at goal the right way, with medifast". That's because it is a temporary diet. Keeping the weight off year after year is where the pedal meets the metal.

Lynda

THIS! The best proof of the Medifast fail is reading any Medifast blog. There's not one out there where the Medifaster kept the weight off longterm. In fact, several Medifast bloggers deregulated their metabolisms definitively by following this plan.

Each time I have to quick mute the tv. It feels like their trying to shame us and I just see red for a few minutes.

Anyone else?

Haven't seen the commercials, but I have to wonder how ingesting fake, soy-packed products translates to "the right way."

Oh for sure. I had a friend a while back that went for a free consultation there..and their program was their food and tons of expensive supplements.

Nothing right about that.

:)

I have been on Medifast along with countless other diets. It is just a temporary fix...as we all know. It kind of breaks my heart because I know of people still believing if they had just been stronger, had more will power, blame themselves for their failures on diets - just like I used to do!

Surgery is the answer - and I have been seeing a lot more commercials for hospitals that do bariatric surgeries.

I have been on Medifast along with countless other diets. It is just a temporary fix...as we all know. It kind of breaks my heart because I know of people still believing if they had just been stronger, had more will power, blame themselves for their failures on diets - just like I used to do!

Surgery is the answer - and I have been seeing a lot more commercials for hospitals that do bariatric surgeries.

Agreed.....people will say they are successful with such diets...but have you ever noticed that it is all they talk about? DIETING? and having to loose those extra pounds before summer? It's a life long obsession!!!

I for one am thrilled that I have been set free from all that garbage, once and for all......DIET is just a four letter word...

Glad to know it's not just me. Those commercials irk me to no end!

Anyone else?

Haven't seen the commercials, but I have to wonder how ingesting fake, soy-packed products translates to "the right way."

EXACTLY - thank you! I tried Medifast & lasted ½ day. The most God awful worst thing I ever tried. Ended up throwing the rest of it out. What a waste of money.

Speaking of false advertisement, Sharon Osbourne is all over TV promoting Atkins.....how she was able to lose 25 pounds on all the delicious food. I happen to like Atkins products, but SHE had WLS! I know she said that she had the band removed, but it's my understanding (someone who works at the hospital in LA), that she still has some sort of WLS going on. I tend to believe that it's true, but ya never know. But when I see her commercials, I'm really put off.

It just depends on what exactly they mean by "losing weight the right way". There are lots of wrong ways to lose weight, such as an eating disorder, diet pills, gimmicks... etc.

I never take offense to someone who says this statement because for me, my VSG was "losing weight in the right way."

It just depends on what exactly they mean by "losing weight the right way". There are lots of wrong ways to lose weight, such as an eating disorder, diet pills, gimmicks... etc.

I never take offense to someone who says this statement because for me, my VSG was "losing weight in the right way."

Agreed. There is more than one "right way" to commute to work, to write a letter, to build a bridge. My right way is not necessarily anyone else's. We see that all the time, even within the same WLS. Different NUTs have different food plans, surgeons have different pre op requirements, what's full liquid to one doc is not to another...

No reason to take offense, just know that you made the best choice for you and hope others are doing the same for themselves.

Agreed. There is more than one "right way" to commute to work, to write a letter, to build a bridge. My right way is not necessarily anyone else's. We see that all the time, even within the same WLS. Different NUTs have different food plans, surgeons have different pre op requirements, what's full liquid to one doc is not to another...

No reason to take offense, just know that you made the best choice for you and hope others are doing the same for themselves.

You know, I hadn't thought of it that way! Thank you for giving me another perspective...that's why I love you guys that I learned so much from before I was sleeved and after

Edited by gomekast

In the past I used Medifast for five months. If it works for someone that's great. But it isn't the "Right" way by far. Any time you replace healthy foods with a powder you mix with Water, it's not the right way.

I think they might be hurting. For about a month now I have recieved an email from them daily. I use to get them maybe twice a month.