Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LOL! I was terrified, and my husband was worse. He had me go first. It has been 10 times easier than expected. You will not regret it I am sure! Good luck!

Very funny my husband volunteered me to go first as we were sleeved about 3 hrs apart.

Was sleeved on 1/27 and my surgeon told me I could have anything that would go thru a straw and I chose liquified mashed potatoes last night. Today I am in a lot more pain and my belly is huge! Has this happened to anyone and do you think I caused damage to my sleeve!

Did you actually use a straw??

I was on liquids for two weeks post op and soft foods for four weeks after that. Your tummy isn't ready for foods so heavy. I will also call your surgeons office

I have been doing the gas x. His exact words were "I don't care if it's spaghetti sauce as long as it fits thru the straw".... either way I know it will be quite some time before I do potatoes again. I'm going to just kind of rest today and if it doesn't go down by tomorrow I will call somebody. It doesn't hurt is all at all as long as I'm still?

Stephg, are you feeling better today?

I can tell you what I was allowed to eat until 5 weeks and 3 days: Protein drinks, Water with crystal light, Decaf tea, diluted low cal juice, popcycles, NF/NS yogurt and pudding, Soup broth, and strained LF cream Soups. They did say I could blend in the contents of the soups, but I'm being careful about that. Good luck!

Peggy

glad you are feeling better... my NUT didn't want us on carbs for the first year... or as minimal as possible as there is little nutritional value... I have one "real" carb once a week, when we go out to dinner, I have one of their little rolls that are so yummy and warm... this is my "treat" and I look forward to it... I savor it and eat it S L O W L Y... otherwise those kind of carbs are GONE from my diet, along with carbonated beverages, regular sugar, alcohol, and a few others that have zero benefits for my new life style :) ... good luck and take care, this will be but a memory, very, very, soon!

I was sleeved 1/25 two years ago. I can tell you I still can't tolerate potatoes. Actually bread, Pasta and rice still hurt so I don't eat it anymore. It will get better and you won't even remember this part. It's the best thing I have ever done.

Every surgeon is different but mind only allowed Liquid Protein for the first three weeks. I don't get carbs for 6 months.

The bright side to being so sick is that I'm down 22.5 pounds in a week but that's crazy fast. I can't even get my Protein down!

Hope your feeling better soon!

Severe dehydration, being admitted....prayers please!

You are being admitted into the hospital or admitted to the ER for treatment?

Just wondering, either way I'm glad you are getting medical care.

Edited by woo woo

Steph, praying for you. God Bless. Linda

Stephg, praying for you.

I got sleeved 12/9/13. Surgeon said the number 1 reason people are readmitted is dehydration and to keep the Water flowing. We're told not to use straws. I had my post op followup at 10 days. Surgeon said I could move to soft foods. I had a 1/2 scrambled egg and it was delicious. I never knew an egg could taste so good. At 3 weeks nut appointment she said we could eat anything nutritional. Get Protein and veggies and fruit in that order. No coffee, caffeine tea, alcohol. soda, carbonation. No liquids 1/2 hour before or after foods. It's full time job keeping track of it all once the Vitamins are added in. Sugarfree popsicles are my salvation.

Hang in there, and let us know how you are doing. Keep that Water going.