Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

slow losers I want to hear from you!

I wanted to add that I fighting for every damn pound this is not the easy way at all! I am working my ass off! I have lost 10 inches off my waist since 7/4/13!

Edited by Bronco0605

My 2.5 cents:

I'm in your club, too. I lost 15 lbs in the months before surgery and had a pre-op weight on 10/16 of 228, the IVs tacked on 10 lbs of Water and I left the hospital at 238!!! :wacko: Now, more than 3 months later, with MULTIPLE stalls (am in one right now), I've gotten to ONE-derland finally but have been at 199 for a couple weeks already. I figure, though it's frustrating, the slower we lose it, the more likely our skin catches up (at least somewhat) and we have less chance of those awkward points where we look a little "ill" until the face catches up with the body. So my expectations for the movement of the scale have been adjusted and am figuring if I drop 8 lbs a month from here on out, I'm good, stalls and all. Had a goal in my head of 150 lbs when all is said and done but because I haven't weighed even close to that in over 20 years, am not sure if that's the right goal or if it will be higher or lower...so have learned to be patient and flexible and take the fact that I've gone from size 22 to a 14. The clothes and how they fit are a far bigger indicator of my success than the scale. :)

i was sleeved end of August and finally under 200 (199). I started out at 226 and lost 24 pounds the first three months...since then its been 3! I had a foot injury in November that blindsided me to the chair for 6 weeks and only just now able to get back to walking so I am hoping that the loss will pick up a bit. I am just ELATED that I lost that much! I no longer have diabetes, I am off BP meds and i FEEL so much more alive at 50! So long as the scale does not go up more than 2 lbs (I fight the fluctuations) I know I am good. :) I too lose nothing for weeks then BAM off comes 5 or 6 pounds followed by another bout with the body not wanting to give up any hard won fat!....Yep its me vs the body and my mind will win out eventually *lol*.I also look at it this way if we ever have another ice age I have a bit of extra to keep me warm *l*.

Keep going, it doesnt get easier but it gets done :)

Even though I haven't lost the number of pounds I wanted to lose at this point, I'm happy to say, my body has changed so much. I can fit into an XL top - that hasn't happened in many, many years. I'm losing inches - my body is losing inches where it hasn't lost them before. I'm more proportionate now. I feel strong - I can climb a flight of stairs with ease, rather than losing my breath by the time I get to the top. I can walk with confidence now - a confidence I didn't have 50 pounds ago.

This journey is about so much more than what that scale says - my life has improved in so many ways that are NOT related to the scale.< /p>

I am 6 weeks out, down 21 pounds. (But I haven't weighed this week yet.) My trick is to avoid the scale! I weigh at my bariatric center once a week or every other week, then I normally see a loss. 1-2 pounds per week is fine with me!

I am a very slow loser and I get so fustrated and mad. I have only lost 7 pds since Nov and for the past 3 weeks the scale has stayed the same. I have no Thyroid, so that may be my problem. But when I read about everyone losing so much weight it get me so depressed. I am happy that I was sleeved but wish the weight would come off already.

I'm a slow loser too, 34lbs since 10/24. Sure, I'd love it to be faster, but I'm doing my part. That's all I can do. I drove myself crazy trying to figure out what I could do to change it, but I just had to change my concentration back to following my plan and away from how quickly the scales moves.

Honestly, I really wouldn't care so much if I knew that someday I'm going to get to goal, but it's terrifying to think that my "honeymoon period" is ticking away and my body hasn't let me take advantage of it. I fear I won't be successful and that scares the daylights out of me.

I was sleeved on Nov 19th..I have lost 25 lbs...post surgery...I eat everything I am suppose to, keep my calories under 900..drink a ton of Water, keep my Protein up, take my Vitamins..I can go a month then only lose 1 lb...I had my NUT check my fitness pal...I have an appointment soon..I have to have some test so we can figure out whats going on...which will be balancing my nutrition differently..I may need more or less calories, more or less carbs etc...how my metabulism is running...I am thankful I am not gaining....I did go from a size 16/18 pants to a 12 but my top half hasn't changed any..

I was sleeved on Nov 19th..I have lost 25 lbs...post surgery...I eat everything I am suppose to, keep my calories under 900..drink a ton of Water, keep my Protein up, take my vitamins..I can go a month then only lose 1 lb...I had my NUT check my fitness pal...I have an appointment soon..I have to have some test so we can figure out whats going on...which will be balancing my nutrition differently..I may need more or less calories, more or less carbs etc...how my metabulism is running...I am thankful I am not gaining....I did go from a size 16/18 pants to a 12 but my top half hasn't changed any..

Just want to say that you are doing amazing. Did anyone tell you that the scale may not go down but inches will, which sounds like what is happening for you. They say that you should lose 50 pds in 6 months and you are already lost 25pds in 2 months. Pat yourself on the back and be proud. I think that you are going to get on the scale and all of a sudden lose 8-10 pds. That happens. Good luck. Keep smiling.

I had a follow up in December with my PA. My surgery was on 8/5/13 and at that time, I'd lost only 72 pounds. 33 of those were pre-op, so that was 39 in 4 months. I told her that I was really trying and that I hated that my weight loss wasn't more as I'm losing really slowly. She looked shocked. Told me that I was right on trend (I showed her my weekly weight loss record and graph!) lol She did discourage me from letting those numbers determine how I'm doing. Gave me the following advice:

1. Don't concentrate ONLY on pounds lost.

2. They expect that I will have an average loss of 0-2 pounds per week.

3. If you find yourself obsessing over the numbers, quit weighing and recording completely.

4. Look to other things to measure your success.

a. How are you feeling?

b. Have you lost inches?

c. Are you more mobile?

d. Are you able to do things that you couldn't do before surgery?

e. How is your health improving?

5. She advised me that they generally estimate that the weight loss journey can/should take up to 2 years. I was only 4 months out and still a "newbie".

6. Know that the ONLY person that you have to please and who has to be happy with your level of success is YOU!

I knew all of these things, but because my doctor is so strict, I have been afraid that he wouldn't appreciate my efforts and would think that I was failing. As I left, she told me that she thought that he would be very proud of me. I'm seeing him one week from today for my 6 months check up. I am committed to going there and being proud of my accomplishments, regardless of his take on it. I'm down about 85 pounds now, since I started "dieting" the last week of May, in preparation for my pre-op diet which began 7/1/13. I even lost over the holidays! If I look at it overall, I'm averaging just over 10 pounds a month, even with all of the stalls and no/slow weight loss weeks. I'm down 7 (almost 8) pants sizes.....down from size 34 to 22 and going into 20's. I'm able to dance (shag) again and my arthritis has improved so much that I'm not hurting or limping any more. I haven't been this small in at least 24-25 years. I'm THRILLED with my "slow" losses!!!! Continued success to every one on their journey!!!!

Megabob, most of us Newbies will not be cleared for that type of exercising until after 6 weeks. The most we can do early on is a little brisk walking. I have a total gym and a spin bike and I although I use the spin bike, I have to keep in mind that I just had major surgery less than 3 weeks ago.

I think taking your measurements is as important as logging your weight.

I took my measurements right before sugary, then again at about 8 weeks - when I was losing particularly slowly. OMG - what a boost. I found that I had lost 28 inches (I measured neck, each bicep, each forearm, bust, chest, waist, hips, each thigh and calf).

I am a slow loser, but I am a loser..( weight that is!) I was sleeved 10/21, so I passed my 3 mos. mark a week ago. Since surgery I have lost 36lbs. That is not a lot for someone who has been sleeved, at least not in my opinion. At the same time I must remember I lost 33lbs prior to surgery, on my own diet.( since August). I am right now one pound away from a total loss of 70lbs in about 6 mos. I will be the very first to admit the slow loss has a lot to do with me. I have not followed my eating plan like I should have and I do NOT exercise enough. No excuses, just the truth. I am taking each day one at a time and trying hard to get back in gear. My short term goal ( very short) is to hit that -70lbs mark and then keep going. I have not weighed 247lbs in I don't know HOW many years, so slow loss is way better than NO loss! And another crazy thing I have made mental note of....When I first gained weight and got to 247lbs ( on way up) I could not believe how fat I was. I felt horrible, thought I looked hideous and wanted to crawl in a hole and hide. Now, on the way down, I can't be more opposite. I am amazed at how small my body is looking. I am proud of getting here. I feel better than I have in years. It is absolutely amazing what a little prospective will do for you. Just remember slow losers, you are losing!!! As hard as it is not to compare yourself to others, ( My BFF from high school was sleeved 12/17 and he has already lost, since surgery, almost as much as I have total!!! ) remember to compare yourself to YOU first and foremost. All that matters is how far YOU have come. ( And yes, I have to remind myself of this often!!!)

Im probly the slowest 1 out there. I've lost 22 lbs in 6 mths. Granted I started at 174 (band revision) so I knew it would be slower but this is ridiculous. I know its 100% my fault. I prided myself on losing 100 lbs with the band eating whatever I wanted. That carried on to my revision. While im not gianing, I stopped losing months ago. I guess to lose the last 18 im actually gunna hafta put some effort into it.

So all of u can feel better about ur losses. Im for sure the slowest loser here. All my fault :(

Oh yeah, that's me. Slow slow slow. At my best it was 2 lbs. a week. Been in a stall all of January. It comes off, just takes a lot longer than the power losers on here. Frustrating when you are eating 800 calories a day and doing your exercises and you see people who cheat and still lose 4 lbs. a week. Keep your chin up!