Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How likely is this?

My doc gave me my first fill of .5cc on Tuesday the 20th. I ate fine on Tuesday, fine on Wednesday (although lunch was a PB because I apparently ate too much) and since Breakfast Thursday (which stayed down), everything else has come back up...oh wait, my oatmeal stayed down yesterday morning too.

But literally, everything else has been causing PBs. I'm eating small amounts, small bites, and finally today, decided to go back on mushies and give myself a break.

How likely is it that this is actually caused by being too tight with a tiny .5cc fill? And could it be that I'm tighter in the afternoon and evening, than in the morning?

The good(?) news from this is that I've lost 2.7 lbs in the past 72 hours :/

Thanks Leatha. Yes, after Breakfast this morning came back up, I decided enough was enough. I just had a Soup at Hand awhile ago, and am sipping some Water now. I'll have some Gatorade later (love that mango one!) and maybe some more soup later tonight.

A PB is a "Productive Burb". If something covers the stoma (the opening to the stomach), it will make you feel like you need to vomit, but what comes up is stringy saliva and maybe a little bit of what you ate that caused the PB in the first place.

There's no stomach acid involved, so no sour taste, and you usually feel better after you've done it.

The way to prevent PBs is to take very small bites and chew very very well.

It can happen, but most likely, the culprit is the PB that happened early on. We used to have a rule, once you PB - no more solids for at least 24 hrs. 2-3 days is probably better. You wind up in a vicious cyle, PB, eat again, PB again - swelling and tightness occurs and you agitate it, sometimes exacerbating esophagitis.

I agree! I had a similar day last week...I started out OK but my Vitamin went down crooked and got stuck. (First time I've ever had a problem swallowing a pill.) Anyway...the rest of the day was shot because I must've been irritated or swollen from the PB. The next day I felt much better.