Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate dumping! I've had a few mild episodes and one really severe episode where I thought I would die for nearly 2 hours. I had rny for the dumping tho. Keeps me grounded. I'm a sugar

Dumper. I do also as soccer mom said tolerate more when I've had more Protein pre

Consumption of the carb/sugar laden items. It's scary and something you prob can expect at least once. I learned a valuable lesson tho and I haven't forgotten it yet!! Dumping isn't always a bad thing (in my opinion) when the threat keeps you on track and head in the game

Can y'all explain what happens on the dumping, not what we feel but why it happens

I dread dumping :( I hate puking! I am sitting in the hotel room waiting for the hospital to call with my surgery time!!! Thanks for all the posts I just love reading everything and preparing myself for the rest of my skinnier life!

Puking happens often with the foamies and for food-related reasons which is different from dumping. Dumping happens when sugar, simple carbs, and sometimes fats are released quickly into your intestine. Because of the bypass that section is not used to processing those things. Foamies and puking happens from eating too fast, eating too much, not chewing well, and dry foods that get stuck. I have puked many times in the last eight months. I've never dumped.

Has anyone ever dumped on a Vitamin?

I felt like I was coming down with a cold, so I took a zinc pill (50 mg, but I cut it in half, taking 25 mg). About 30 minutes later I experienced horrible stomach pains, nausea, quick breathing, dizziness and stomach cramping, dry heaving (for 15 min). These acute symptoms lasted for 3 hours and I thought I was going to die. I was literally screaming and moaning in pain for 3 hours. I should have gone to the ER, but I live in a very rural area and I just figured that if I didn't get better by tomorrow I would go.

After about 3 hours of this, the stomach pain calmed down to a dull ache all through the night. When I awakened the next morning it was better, but now my pouch is very grouchy and I am back to really struggling getting all Protein and liquids in again What makes this bad, is I wasn't even great at getting all Protein and liquids to begin with. I have never dumped, so I don't know if this was dumping?

Was this dumping? Has anyone ever experienced this (for hours) and from a Vitamin?

Please advise...thanks for any help or comments.

Edited by Emeree

My surgical team only ever allows 5 grams of sugar and 3 grams fat in anything I can eat! Seems tougher than many of you get but I have dropped a quick 51# in about the first 2 months ( have had 3 dreaded stalls that seem to last between a week to 12 days ) ugh. Never rice, Pasta or sticky white bread ) I like the PB2 powder in a Protein Shake if I am coming up short on the 80grams of Protein daily..

Oh dumping is no fun!! I can't have SF anything that will make me dump so fast. No Pasta for me that gets stuck and then I'm sick for days. The very first time I dumped I just laid on the floor I was very week and dizzy. I am so glad my bathroom was clean. Laying on a dirty bathroom floor would not be good. It happened just a week or so after my revision. I got sick on SF Jello. :-/

Ps Jello was on my ok list as long as it was SF.

Edited by moviechick00

I felt like I was coming down with a cold, so I took a zinc pill (50 mg, but I cut it in half, taking 25 mg). About 30 minutes later I experienced horrible stomach pains, nausea, quick breathing, dizziness and stomach cramping, dry heaving (for 15 min). These acute symptoms lasted for 3 hours and I thought I was going to die. I was literally screaming and moaning in pain for 3 hours. I should have gone to the ER, but I live in a very rural area and I just figured that if I didn't get better by tomorrow I would go.

After about 3 hours of this, the stomach pain calmed down to a dull ache all through the night. When I awakened the next morning it was better, but now my pouch is very grouchy and I am back to really struggling getting all Protein and liquids in again What makes this bad, is I wasn't even great at getting all Protein and liquids to begin with. I have never dumped, so I don't know if this was dumping?

Was this dumping? Has anyone ever experienced this (for hours) and from a Vitamin?

Was there sugar in the zinc pill? Was it one you swallow or let dissolve? Also did you eat or drink anything either just prior or two hours before?

Has anyone ever dumped on a Vitamin? I felt like I was coming down with a cold, so I took a zinc pill (50 mg, but I cut it in half, taking 25 mg). About 30 minutes later I experienced horrible stomach pains, nausea, quick breathing, dizziness and stomach cramping, dry heaving (for 15 min). These acute symptoms lasted for 3 hours and I thought I was going to die. I was literally screaming and moaning in pain for 3 hours. I should have gone to the ER, but I live in a very rural area and I just figured that if I didn't get better by tomorrow I would go. After about 3 hours of this, the stomach pain calmed down to a dull ache all through the night. When I awakened the next morning it was better, but now my pouch is very grouchy and I am back to really struggling getting all Protein and liquids in again What makes this bad, is I wasn't even great at getting all protein and liquids to begin with. I have never dumped, so I don't know if this was dumping? Was this dumping? Has anyone ever experienced this (for hours) and from a vitamin? Please advise...thanks for any help or comments.

Unless that tablet had a lot of sugar, I doubt it was dumping. I'd lean more towards it simply got stuck, hurt like heck and has now irritated your pouch. When in doubt, ask your team. Treat your pouch gently for a few days, definitely baby it. But I gotta say, Amy pain that has you screaming and groaning is probably ER worthy.....(even from a rural location...that's a pretty extremely reaction). Hope you feel well soon!!!!

I'm still pre-op but I'm worried about dumping afterwards. I guess I'm mostly worried because apparently I have tachycardia and dumping mimics the symptoms that I experience with the tachycardia... :|

I'm still pre-op but I'm worried about dumping afterwards. I guess I'm mostly worried because apparently I have tachycardia and dumping mimics the symptoms that I experience with the tachycardia... :|

I can understand your fears especially knowing you've experienced tachycardia. Not everyone dumps. Contrary to what our drs tell us there are plenty of folks here who've never had it. I have dumped 3 times in 7.5 months. One that was mild and two that were bad. All three times it was because I didnt eat enough Protein. I don't eat refined sugar and stay away from that altogether. I eat fruit every day and 2 of my episodes were on fruit. Both times again because I hadn't had any Protein. One tine was on chobani yogurt the kibd that has the granola that you put in. It was too high in sugar for me.

The true blessing of this surgery for me is I can honestly say I could care less about sweets now and I was a self professed sugar holic. When I would go to a restaurant I would look at dessert first. Now I have no interest. That is a miracle.

Was there sugar in the zinc pill? Was it one you swallow or let dissolve? Also did you eat or drink anything either just prior or two hours before?

It was just plain zinc and it was one I swallowed. I had half of a Protein Drink approx. 1 hour prior. Maybe I didn't have enough in my system. It has been a few days since incident and my pouch is 80% back to normal.. Thank God! Thanks for posing your questions and helping me think about what I did.

Has anyone ever dumped on a Vitamin? I felt like I was coming down with a cold, so I took a zinc pill (50 mg, but I cut it in half, taking 25 mg). About 30 minutes later I experienced horrible stomach pains, nausea, quick breathing, dizziness and stomach cramping, dry heaving (for 15 min). These acute symptoms lasted for 3 hours and I thought I was going to die. I was literally screaming and moaning in pain for 3 hours. I should have gone to the ER, but I live in a very rural area and I just figured that if I didn't get better by tomorrow I would go. After about 3 hours of this, the stomach pain calmed down to a dull ache all through the night. When I awakened the next morning it was better, but now my pouch is very grouchy and I am back to really struggling getting all Protein and liquids in again What makes this bad, is I wasn't even great at getting all Protein and liquids to begin with. I have never dumped, so I don't know if this was dumping? Was this dumping? Has anyone ever experienced this (for hours) and from a Vitamin? Please advise...thanks for any help or comments.

Unless that tablet had a lot of sugar, I doubt it was dumping. I'd lean more towards it simply got stuck, hurt like heck and has now irritated your pouch. When in doubt, ask your team. Treat your pouch gently for a few days, definitely baby it. But I gotta say, Amy pain that has you screaming and groaning is probably ER worthy.....(even from a rural location...that's a pretty extremely reaction). Hope you feel well soon!!!!

Thanks for your thoughts. My husband though it was dumping, but my gut tells me that I don't think it was. It was pretty severe. I know...I should have gone to the ER. I feel so much better today and yes, I have had to baby my pouch these few days. Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes.