Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi from Ireland!

Hi there, I haven't checked in with the site for a while so I didn't realise people were meeting up, pity, that would have been interesting. I am gutted that Jerome is gone. I didn't find the new doctor at all friendly, in fact I thought he was in a bit of a rush, as I was having a second consultation, having seen Jerome before I went on holiday back in August. I guess its no big deal - after all, he's not gonna be my mate, just my surgeon! But I just felt that Jerome was much more personable... ah well, hope he's okay. I am due to be banded next week, Saturday 13th October. Gulp! Apprehensive but also looking forward to the changes it will bring... Anyone else getting banded on that day?

Hopefully I will make it along when next you all meet up!:woot:

Hi Debb,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find the new dr friendly and in a rush. Thats a bit of a bummer, I haven't met him yet but I had heard he was very nice. Good luck for Sat 13th, will be thinking of you ;):woot: Take it easy after the op and don't try too much too soon. Make sure to have some yogurts, custart and rice puddings for when you come home. Its very important to get plenty of Protein to help the healing process and you won't feel much like eating for the first few days. There are very healthy Protein Drinks available in health shops which are useful to have in the house to keep up protein particularly after fills but also as a general daily healthy drink.

Let us know how you get on.:woot:

Hi Girls,

Hope you are all getting on well, with good restriction and regular weight loss. ;):):woot:

I haven't posted about my progress in a while so here goes......... After my defill of almost 1ml when I came back from hols, I had to go back and get a .5ml fill because I had gained back 4 of the 10lbs I'd lost within 10 days of the defill. I now have good restriction but still suffering with heartburn, reflux and occasional acid attacks. I'm using zantac to keep these at bay but don't want to continue long term with antacids. My weight has been fluctuating between 12.6 (174lbs) and 12.2 (today's weight) (170lbs) so I'm not losing the 1-2lbs a week that I enjoyed before the band slippage. I just have to get a handle on this restriction and I know I have been making easy choices with food and eating the sloppy rather than the hard foods so I need to make the necessary adjustments to my diet to get back on track with the weight loss.

Its very strange how my band is behaving this time round. Here I am with just 2.5mls in my band with the same restriction I had prior to the band slippage with 5.5mls in. I don't understand how this can be. As all of you know it usually takes between 4mls and 5mls to feel good restriction and hit the sweet spot. Before as I lost weight usually 8-10lbs I would lose restriction and have another fill. But I have lost 12lbs since the re op and no difference with the restriction, maybe I should be loving this but with the acid reflux ect. I'm a bit worried. I'll hang in for another few lbs loss and see how I feel maybe I'm at my sweet spot already but its still a little uncomfortable to be happy with. If the acid problems subside or goes away then I'll be happy.

Anyway, thats me for the moment. Will keep you all posted on my progress.

As always.................

hi Coco

Congrats on the weight loss but I know the acid reflux can be a pain - I used to have it nearly all the time - luckily since the op I gave up coke and haven't had any more problems. I used to die with pain from any kind of juice also. Sounds like the lining of your stomach is under stress - ifit is still bad in another week or so I'd say a call to the dr. is the best bet...after all they are gastric experts!

Good luck with it and thinking of you today:girl_hug:

Kermit

hi Coco

Congrats on the weight loss but I know the acid reflux can be a pain - I used to have it nearly all the time - luckily since the op I gave up coke and haven't had any more problems. I used to die with pain from any kind of juice also. Sounds like the lining of your stomach is under stress - ifit is still bad in another week or so I'd say a call to the dr. is the best bet...after all they are gastric experts!

Good luck with it and thinking of you today:girl_hug:

Kermit

Thanks Kermit,

I haven't been able to have a fizzy drink since about April last,:biggrin1::biggrin1: even my gin and tonic has been changed to gin and cranberry but after two of those I'm done. :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes I'm struggling here with some basmati rice and fish curry without chilli, I'm suffering enough without putting chilli in my food. I am sipping some cold milk with it which is helping with the heartburn. I know thats going against the rules a bit but I need to eat and I can't without something to ease the heartburn. Of course you're right I must go back to the dr's. soon and have it sorted once and for all. Maybe a very small defill will do the trick.:o

hi Coco - I was browsing around and found a thread under the 'fills' forum related to reflux and heartburn. You might find some info there? Sounds like it is the band complaining alright. Pity that the solution is a small unfill but the alternative of sore tum and restricted diet of bland food then go for it! Hopefully a tiny unfill will do the trick and keep the restriction. I saw some US bandster posts where they had a fluoroscope...wonder if it is available here?

Good Luck!

hi Coco - I was browsing around and found a thread under the 'fills' forum related to reflux and heartburn. You might find some info there? Sounds like it is the band complaining alright. Pity that the solution is a small unfill but the alternative of sore tum and restricted diet of bland food then go for it! Hopefully a tiny unfill will do the trick and keep the restriction. I saw some US bandster posts where they had a fluoroscope...wonder if it is available here?

Good Luck!

Hi Kermit,

I have finally made an appointment to see the surgeon, this Sat at 12.30 although the time is subject to change as he is operating that day. I think a 1/4ml defill will do the trick but my concern is why with so little in my band am I suffering like this?? I will ask if I can have an xray which will clarify things for me and hopefully put my mind at rest. :drama:

Hi Kermit,

Just checked out the forum you mentioned and :omg: your right, it looks like a slight unfill is the way forward, I just worry about my restriction levels, when I was at 2mls I put on a few lbs so I can only hope that at 2.25mls I will be ok. I currently have 2.5mls in.:drama:

How is everyone?

sorry i've not been around i've been working 15 hour days not including looking after the little one. The only reason i am on now is cos i'm ill and have a cold.

anyways how is everyone doing? i'm looking forward to seeing the new docter, hope he's a hottie!!!

was great to meet Alesha and Twinkle-Toes and of course to see Laura (Terry). I went into ASC last week and Tara was there super friendly wondering where i had dispeared to. haha!!! them u got a text from her the other day saying she's leaving on friday. I wonder who the new nurse will be. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm off to New York on Nov 24th can't wait only booked the other day!!! yipee , i'm at 157 (11 stone 2) i'm love to be down to 10 stone by new york. i've noticed the weight is comming off 1.5lb to 2lbs a week rather than 2-3lbs a week but i;ll take it what ever way it comes once its off!!!

well let me know how you all are. lots of love

Dini xx

Hi Dini , sorry to hear that you are sick. Take it easy and relax . Im sure you cant wait for New York !!!!! You will have a ball. Congrats on the current weight! Well done i cant wait till im at the same stage as you.

twinkle toes how you geting on ? do you feel more restricted than at the meeting?

i'm good just munching on a Wispa Bar now. i know naughty naughty. did you hear any thing about Tara leaving?

hi dini

When you rang me, Alesha and I were pissed, did you look up the hotel I am staying in , were are you staying.We were away for the weekend as you no, and I lost 2 pound, so now I am down 35 pound . Talk later Terry

Heya Coco

Thanks for the advice re the yogurts, custard etc. I'm kinda having a bit of a meltdown at the moment as its 'only two more sleeps' til the op!!! And I've been reading lots of the problems people have been having with not feeling restricted enough so I s'pose I'm a bit nervous - what if I pay out all that money and still end up having to almost follow WW points in order to maintain a weight loss??!! Anyway, I rang ACS so am waiting for Debbie to get back to me tomorrow cos I just want to put all my concerns out there... the whole point of the op is so that you can't eat unlimited amounts of food and that you feel full on less so if that isn't happening on a regular basis for a lot of people I'm a bit concerned.

Hope you're feeling better and that your heartburn has eased up? That sounds awful for you.

Talk soon xx

Hi Dini - great news re the weight loss! You are doing so well...good on you! Didn't know Tara was leaving.

Coco - best of luck on Saturday and hope you can get the xray....maybe the repositioning has optimised the band and 2.25 will be plenty for good restriction! Fingers crossed for you!

Debb - good luck and don't worry about the band - it seems to always ends up working in the long term and if you accept that weightloss will decline or stop until the first or second fill, then you will have no need to stress or worry pet.

Hi Dini , im doing ok. Still not much restriction but working hard at it myself. Im going to ring and see if i can get an appointment for a fill before i go to lanzarote . i go on the 25th oct.The last time i was away i gained most of what i had lost during the time i was away. I dont want that to happen again.

The first i heard about tara leaving was from you on this page.I will let you know how i get on .

Thanks for the words of encouragement folks! Just off to me leaba in a bit at 11pm as I've to be up at 5.30am.... though I probably won't sleep a wink. And I'm suddenly parched - just cos I know I can't drink anything!! Will talk to yis all soon xx