Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Super Tender incision and whoa sounds like a battle ground in my tummy from all the gas!

I am 6 days post op. Feeling alright. having tons of burps and LOTS of rumbling gas pains. My kids can hear it ac-crossed the room. It is rather uncomfortable as well. Haven't heard very many people talking about soreness at the incision sight, so I am eager to hear others journey and stories! Of course as everyone else has mentioned getting the 64+ ounces of Water on top of your Protein intake has been SUPER hard, but I am hopeful that each day will get easier! I can feel each sip or swallow gurgling ALL the way into my tummy. Just feels YUCK!

How about walking?? I was thinking of getting on the treadmill with my husband at my side and SLOWLY walking for 10-15 minutes. Think this will help with the gas?

Anyone had problems with like beef and chicken broth making them more gassy?

Thanks Everyone!

I am 6 days post op. Feeling alright. having tons of burps and LOTS of rumbling gas pains. My kids can hear it ac-crossed the room. It is rather uncomfortable as well. Haven't heard very many people talking about soreness at the incision sight, so I am eager to hear others journey and stories! Of course as everyone else has mentioned getting the 64+ ounces of Water on top of your Protein intake has been SUPER hard, but I am hopeful that each day will get easier! I can feel each sip or swallow gurgling ALL the way into my tummy. Just feels YUCK! How about walking?? I was thinking of getting on the treadmill with my husband at my side and SLOWLY walking for 10-15 minutes. Think this will help with the gas? Anyone had problems with like beef and chicken broth making them more gassy? Thanks Everyone!

All of what you are experiencing sounds absolutely normal. After the first week, most will get better. Walking improved my gas pain and is highly recommended to avoid other complications.

OMG the largest incision is the worst one. EVERYONE has that same experience. Coughing, sneezing, laughing can hurt for a little while. Keep sipping and do your best. Time will fly by.

Walking is gas' #1 enemy. Walk as much as you can tolerate it. If you can tolerate over 15 minutes you should try. It will make a world of difference with gas and help you lose weight faster.

Welcome to the other side.

thanks everyone! i appreciate your support! This is a NEW beginning for us and I want to stay on TOP of it all!

So long as your incision doesn't look inflamed or infected, the tenderness is normal. I am about 4 weeks out now, and mine are nicely closed up and just ever so slightly itching a little itty bit, not bad. As for the tummy grumbling, mine sounded like a dinosaur fight! It is much better now.

Im 6 days also. I tried walking around the mall today and was dizzy. Incisions hurt a little and are itching but I do not itch them. And gas holy snot hurts like a mama jama

If it's gas in your stomach/intestines, try Gas-x strips. It won't help if it is in your body cavity (pain in shoulders).

Thanks for this post. Most ppl don't talk about the gumble monster. I'm 8 days post OP and the gargling, churning, and sis reflux has gotten wise and not better. I've tried the gasx the xantac and prilosic still no relief. Can't Wait for this stage to be over.

I am 6 days post op. Feeling alright. having tons of burps and LOTS of rumbling gas pains. My kids can hear it ac-crossed the room. It is rather uncomfortable as well. Haven't heard very many people talking about soreness at the incision sight, so I am eager to hear others journey and stories! Of course as everyone else has mentioned getting the 64+ ounces of Water on top of your Protein intake has been SUPER hard, but I am hopeful that each day will get easier! I can feel each sip or swallow gurgling ALL the way into my tummy. Just feels YUCK!

How about walking?? I was thinking of getting on the treadmill with my husband at my side and SLOWLY walking for 10-15 minutes. Think this will help with the gas?

Anyone had problems with like beef and chicken broth making them more gassy?

Thanks Everyone!

Jenlen your not alone, mine gas has me burping as if i drank a big ole beer.. then i giggle and that hurts too. I think it is normal and the walkiing does help. My hubby wont let me get on my treadmil yet he is afraid i will slip and fall and that is not worth the pain if I should. So I am walking all around my house and outside too it helps. I agree the GasX helps more then you know and when you cna have the family rub your back it helps get rid of the gas too.

every back rub goes along way, but at times the pain is really hurts so light rubs help get the gas out.

I also take Nexuum once a day and that really help too. But i can only take it at night since i take a tyroid in the am and cant take any gas pain meds until 4 hours later.