Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have done all my pre-ops visits, and will be seeing the Phychiatrist this Thursday. I'am already getting the jitters, and don't even have a surgery date. Waiting for insurance approval. I'm looking forward to a new me, but, scared. I've gone to group meetings for support. I'm fine when I'm there, all gun-ho. Then when I have time on my hands, I think and start to worry about this and that. Is this pretty normal?

If you did not worry you might not be human! This is a big step. My thought is it is more dangerous to live being morbidly obese with diabetes, HBP, asthma, etc. Best of luck!

Good Morning Linda - Your thought is correct. I have all the above and then some, except the asthma. I'm excited, anxcious and scared at the same time. B)

Doreen, please stay involved with this group for wonderful support. One year ago I did not have the asthma either. As we age, new health problems arise. I was diagnosed with diabetes 6 months ago. My husband has had many years of failing health. Get healthy while you can. My poor husband was scared as hell. He had me go first LOL. I honestly think he was worried and had to take care of me. It was a breeze compared to what we expected. We have watched elderly friends gain weight and become hermits, and die. This started happening to us, becoming hermits, and I honestly saw that was our future. I was more scared of my husband not having the surgery and what would happen to him.

So happy we made this decision. So happy we did not give up! Keep me posted!

Thank you so much for your support. I will stay involved with this group. I was worried about my age. I'm going to be 62 this July. I probably will be thinking as others do, "Why didn't I do this sooner"? I'am a hermit now due to the cold Wisconsin winters, afraid of falling on the ice. I do not want my weight to keep me a hermit also. If that makes any sense. I'm still in the process of waiting for insurance to cover it. I will keep you posted. Thanks for responding. God Bless.

Doreens, I am 67, my husband 66. Good luck! Age is just a number! Health matters LOL!!!

I am going for my surgery tomorrow morning. I am 57. Am I scared? Sure, I'd be foolish not to be. But as I have told my husband, my risk of dying in the next year WITHOUT the surgery is greater than my risk WITH the surgery.

I made sure to go to "Bariatric Center of Excellence" and I am grateful they exist. For us older and/or more complex patients I think the quality assurance measures they promote far offset any additional costs. Good luck to you!

I like that, Age is just a number. lol

Thanks for responding to my post. Good luck to you tomorrow. Please keep me posted:) Exciting.

Schmincke, Best of luck tomorrow and prayer for you. My husband was terrified because of his health problems. The look on his face prior to surgery..............didn't faze me because I knew he was not going to be living long enough if I didn't encourage and comfort him through the surgery. BTW, I was sleeved first and he saw how easy it was with me, he could not believe it! We are both sleeved almost two months and life is so much sweeter!

I am going for my surgery tomorrow morning. I am 57. Am I scared? Sure, I'd be foolish not to be. But as I have told my husband, my risk of dying in the next year WITHOUT the surgery is greater than my risk WITH the surgery.

I made sure to go to "Bariatric Center of Excellence" and I am grateful they exist. For us older and/or more complex patients I think the quality assurance measures they promote far offset any additional costs. Good luck to you!

I agree with what you said. My father died a week before his 55th bday due to coplications from obesity. So that has been my driving force to get healthy and to embrace life to the fullest. Sure I may have tried every diet road there was before going on this sleeve journey but the option of living a longer and healthier life has always look brighter!

Hello everyone, Insurance approved my surgery. The date is set for March 6th. 2014. Can't wait to join the bench. Make room, cause here I come. Hope everyone is doing well. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for listening.