Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dry heaves? Vomiting?

I'm getting my sleeve on January 20th and have been hearing some horror stories of dry heaves and vomitting. Please tell me this doesn't happen to everyone, does it?

It doesn't happen to everyone. If your feeling nauseated in the hospital tell them and they'll give you something for it...I did the first two days than no more. I think it was from the morphine.

The doctor gave me a patch behind my ear before surgery and I didn't have any problems.....,recovery was easy and great........ U got this

No problem with vomiting for me either.

Doesn't happen to everyone - I'm almost 7 months out from my surgery and I haven't had any dry heaves or vomiting whatsoever.

I had my sleeve and I have not gotten sick at all. I sometimes feel a tightness in my chest and to me that's my warning signing to stop eating or drinking. I don't dare push it since the frothing and vomiting stories scared me too.

I was sent to my room by Noon time, surgery time was 7:30, I had a hiatal hernia repair also and by 4/5:00 I was very queasy with Dry Heaves, I was given 4 different things to stop it, finally it did, It wasn't fun I will admit but it could have been worse, I just had some pain from where they repaired my hiatal hernia. I will give some advise though, I came on this site before my surgery and freaked myself out with some of the post op complications, Don't freak out, everyone has their own journey and even though there are some people on here who have had difficulty don't think that you will, you know how many people have this surgery that have had no problems (says my hubby all the time) and he was right, I am taking it day by day. Stay in tune with your body but take it step by step, I wish you luck on your surgery! I am 5 days Post op. :)

I have had my sleeve for 2.5 years and have not vomited one time, not even after surgery. It doesn't happen to everyone but it does happen to some.

8 months post op and I have vomited exactly once - when taking my Vitamins on an empty stomach.

I was sleeved 5 days ago. They gave me the anti-nausea patch behind my ear right before I went into surgery. I still woke up nauseous. I was dry heaving (no vomiting), but we found out it was because they gave me a pain killer that did not work well with me.

You'll do great don't worry. If dry heaving is the worse of it then you're golden. It will pass, and the meds they give you to get over it are amazing! I went in expecting the worse recovery and it wasn't so bad, it has just taken me a bit to get used to it....I'm still learning.

No dry heaves and no vomiting - not once.

I am 3 days post op and have a very weak stomach. I still have to sleep sitting up or i feel like everything is going to come back up. But... no i havent thrown up. The whole to me i thought about it the more i knew it would hurt my incisions.

I've edited the title of your topic so that people can find it if they have the same question as you and do a search. I hope that's ok!

4 days post op and i been vomiting maybe 3 times a day is horrible I dont feel hungry but if I eat something i will vomit anyone with this problem?

I haven't had that problem, but you should definitely call your doctor. That was one thing my doctor said I should call for if it happened to me. I hear you about not being hungry. I can't stand the broths or creamy Soups they just sit there for hours and leave a disgusting taste in my mouth. I have been mixing baby food fruits with yogurt. That's all I can stand. I hope you feel better really soon.