Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jamaica Vacation

Penni60

OK, the low down on the vacation of a lifetime.

I left Los Angeles on the 27th of August to spend some time with my Daughter and family before heading to Jamaica. So, my mom wanted me to come and visit while in the area and I did. I was a good little "doobee". Anyone remember Romper Room? Sorry I digress.

On the 28th I jump in the car with my daughter and head to Princeton, Kentucky and visit my mom and step-dad. She wanted us to be in on her planning her burial. So we head to the Mortuary after I take them all out to lunch. Now you have to understand she is not sick, dying, or in immediate danger of keeling over any time soon. She just wanted to get it planned so I wouldn't have to do it. That said when you get my mom, me, and my daughter in the same room watch out. We are a riot. My daughter kept asking my mom if she was going to try out the fit. I kept feeling the insides of the coffins. Did you know they have a nice soft padding inside for the body to lie on? WHY? You are dead you won't know and I might add you are stiff. Why would you care if it is soft???? LOL!!! Anyway we had a blast with it. The mortician thought we were lunatics I am sure. We then went to Dairy Queen where I had a milk shake. Yes I had a milk shake. And it was delicious. OK so finished that trips events and headed back to Nashville.

On the 29th spent the day with my daughter and family. We just hung out and did pretty much nothing all day. I ended up getting a headache and then went to the hotel for the evening.

On the 30th I was supposed to do lunch with Michelle (Shellyj) but things did not work out. BUMMER!! So I met another friend for lunch. Then went and picked up my best friend, ANN, of 10 years to spend the night with me in the hotel room so we could be off to Jamaica the next day.

31st, fly out to Jamaica. That trip is LONG and tiring. Customs and Immigration in Miami is horrible on the way home. I hate Miami airport. IT is huge and not very well laid out. But that is OK we were going to paradise so it was tolerable. We arrive at Sangster's Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I will have a pic of that to come later. Just remember it is SMALL. TINY. LITTLE. None of those describe it fairly since the planes that land there are 757's which are HUGE. I at least am able to get through Customs and Immigration fairly fast and the weather is not too unbearable yet. I go to the Ritz Carlton desk for the shuttle bus to the hotel. Thank God there was no wait and once on the bus I was given a bottle of much needed Water. Ann was staying at an efficiency apartment hotel cause she wanted to cook most of her meals. WHATEVER!! I am gonna be catered to while I am on vacation. I can cook at home. LOL!! She met me about an hour later and we went to get some Jerk chicken for supper just down the road. Oh yeah She drives in Jamaica. She is an idiot. They drive on the WRONG side of the road. LOL!!! I am not that brave yet. Anyway, we stop at this roadside Jerk place for some chicken and a Red Stripe beer. YUM YUM!!! Get this guys. Here is how they serve the Jerk Chicken. You tell the cashier what you want. We got a 1/4 chicken a piece. They give you a ticket that you present to the cook. He procedes to take out a whole piece of chicken from the smoker under a tin lid. He places the chicken on a large stump he uses as a table. Grabs his rather large and ominous looking Machete and proceeds to chop up the chicken bone and all into whatever you ordered. He wraps it into wreynold's wrap and hands it to you with a couple of napkins. The tinfoil is your plate. NO JOKE!!! It is the most tender and juiciest chicken I have ever eaten. Delicious!! That was our first day in Jamaica.

Sept 1st, Ann and I have appointments for manicures and pedicures at 10am. HEAVENLY!!! Then we have another friend, Karen, arriving at the airport so we go pick her up. She is staying with me in my room so we drop off her luggage and head to dinner then off to the bar afterwards. A couple of Yardie Martini's later and we are all ready for bed. LOL!! Yardie's have spiced Morgan's Rum, pineapple juice, coconut Rum, and something else I don't remember served in a martini glass. IT IS YUMMY!!!! Two and I am gone. Not sloppy drunk just a nice buzz going. I stop at that. Drink lots of water so as not to dehydrate and get sick. I don't get sloppy drunk at all ever. I just get happy. LOL!! So around 11pm we all call it a night.

Sept 2nd, I get up and meet my girlfriend, Ann, who is staying at the apartment, to go walking then come back to room and wake up Karen so we can all go to Breakfast. After breakfast we head to the pool for the day. Of course we get burned but so what. The pool is wonderful. The sun is high. The water is warm and inviting. The conversation is men bashing. The drinks are flowing. We eat lunch poolside. Cool Rum soaked towels are offered by the pool staff to keep us refreshed. What more could you ask for??? Dinner later that night and then off to bed. One trip to the bar before bedtime was required.

Sept 3rd, Ann had to run some errands so we tagged along and then headed to the pool later that day. Lounging by the pool is heavenly. Dinner and Bar again that night.

Sept 4th, "White Witch" Great House. There is one of the sugar cane plantation homes that was NOT destroyed by the slave uprising years ago. Can you guess why it was not destroyed? The lady of the house was considered to be a "WHITE WITCH" by the natives. She practiced the art and was rumored to have killed three husbands and countless lovers. She was greatly feared. The house is gorgeous. I will include a picture in a seperate posting. AFter that tour we went into town and did some souvenior shopping. Then dinner and the bar. See a pattern?????!!! LOL!!

Sept 5th, Beach today. Gorgeous sand, beautiful turquoise waters, warm waters I might add, drinks, jerk chicken, snorkeling, boat ride, red stripe, yum yum to it all. OH and this is my BIRTHDAY!!! We arrive at the beach around 10am. We leave the beach at 5pm. We all take showers and dress for my birthday dinner that evening. Pics to follow of beach and dinner.

Sept 6th, REST DAY. We all do nothing all day. Rest in room. Pack and try to cram everything in our suitcases or carryons for the trip home tomorrow. SIGH!! After packing and having lunch we are both tired and wore out from the week's events. So we both take a nap. We wake up in time to see it is getting late and decide to order room service and not get dressed for dinner. We eat and then go to bed for the 5:30am trip back to the airport tomorrow.

Sept 7th, travel day home. SIGH!! What a trip!! I just love Jamaica. I pray all my friends down there are ok after Hurricane Ivan slams them. Keep them in your prayers. They will be devastated and decimated.

Here is a pic of two of our friends down there. The guy is Dalton, he has a major crush on me. The girl is Olive she is a sweetie. Her birthday was the 1st of Sept so we got her some nice perfume. More pics to follow.

post-204009-13813131324076_thumb.jpg

Here is Karen and Ann on the beach. Karen is in the black and white suit and Ann is in the blue suit.

post-204009-13813131324327_thumb.jpg

Wow! That looks and sounds like a great trip! Sounds like you had the perfect "vacation additude" going---

One teeeesy question--rum soaked towels at the poolside--for sucking on? wiping off with? I know up here, if we procrastinate long enough and don't wash the outside windows before it snows, we wash them with vodka, since it won't freeze right away---ha ha

I think I would suck on that towel-------

You look great, Penni--I am planning/plotting my next vacation!

Kimberly

Hey LULUUUU!

Sounds like you had a great trip and ya got a good tan (or burn at least). You guys are all glowing! Yeah, its sad that they are getting pounded by Ivan. Glad you are safe and sound. See you in a few weeks!!!

Babs in TX

334/200/170

6/23/03

Kimberly: The rum soaked towels were for cooling off after being in the sun. I sucked on them. LOL!!!! They were refreshing though to put on the sunburns. I am peeling now from the burn but I am still tanned. WHOO HOO!!

Penni - Your vacation sounds like heaven! I'm jelous! First you go there, now you get to go to Vegas! Boo Hoo, I have to stay home and work! Glad you had a great time, and you look awsome!

Betty

Thanks for the run down and pics, Penni! Looks like you had a great time!!! Glad you got outta there before Ivan hits though!

Here is the pic of the Jamaica airport. FYI: This is the airport where people are being directed to avoid the weather from Ivan. SMALL airport. I would not want to be there at all right now.

post-204009-13813131327147_thumb.jpg

Here is the infamous POOL. The shot is from my balcony off my room. All the rooms had nice large balconies to set on. Very relaxing.

post-204009-1381313132734_thumb.jpg

Come on Vera. It is loads of fun. Hey I know the next LapBandTalk Bash we can all go to Jamaica. LOL!!!