Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

grocery shopping.....

Surgery in three days. So I decided to head to the grocery store an stock up. I had already been to costco and got a couple case of Premier Protein and a bunch of Soup.

Well, I went to two different stores and came home with only those squirt flavoring things for Water. That's it. I walked every isle and nothing.

I guess the silver lining is, I'll save a bunch on buying food.

I already emptied the kitchen of any and all "not good for me foods" (which means everything). I ordered a tub of unflavored Protein mix, but there's nothing to mix it with. So, all I have now in the kitchen & fridge is shakes, Water and........no and..... that's it. Boy, this is gonna be tough.

You will be able to go to the store within a day or two of going home. Do NOT buy a lot. I still have a cabinet full of stuff I knew I had to have. Sigh. It's funny how little desire you have to eat, how much your taste for things change and how much more your fat mind thinks you are going to consume over reality.

A few shakes, a couple of G2s, some Jello and/or popsicles and you are set.

Sounds just about right for the near future. I was able to have eggs and Greek yogurt at 5 days out. That first scrambled egg was dee-lish!

A few shakes, a couple of G2s, some Jello and/or popsicles and you are set.

Popsicles.....!!! I forgot popsicles.......gotta go.!! I'm headed back to the store. :o

Edited by Recycled

I LIVED on popsicles for several months after surgery. Definitely go back and get those!

POPSICLES ARE A MUST!!!!

Crystal Light packets are good too.

I was on full liquids the day after surgery, and I particularly enjoyed mixing my unflavored Protein into creamy boxes Soups like Pacific Organic Cashew Carrot Ginger or Curried Lentil. Very smooth consistency, and the savory taste was so wonderful in contrast with all the sweet. I also mixed my unflavored protein into Water with a zero-calorie drink mix like Crystal Lite.

I particularly enjoyed mixing my unflavored Protein into creamy boxes Soups

What brand of unflavored Protein are you using?

What brand of unflavored Protein are you using?

I use the Syntrax Nectar unflavored protein. I buy it on Amazon, but I believe the Vitamin Shoppe carries Syntrax. If you plan to mix into your Soup, measure out the portion of soup you plan to eat, then from that portion, reserve at least a couple of tablespoons of the cold or room temp soup. Mix your Protein Powder into this to form kind of a paste, then mix that paste into your warm soup. This will reduce or prevent clumping.